SUMMARY - Great brand new hotel that felt more like a Westin than a Sheraton. The staff were fantastic, the breakfast buffet was one of the best I’ve been to.
STAR RATING - 5/5
* SHOWER/HOT WATER - Excellent with both a shower and a large oval tub that is large enough for 2.
* TOWELS/BATH ROBES - Excellent - large and soft and bath robes
* PILLOWS - Excellent - lots of them and soft
* BED - Excellent - soft pillow top and soft comforter
* CLEANLINESS/CONDITION/SIZE OF ROOM - the room was very modern and clean. We had a corner room (#1216) and was larger than a similar room that one of our friends had. The room had a nice lounging chair, desk, and was spacious.
* STAFF - The only staff I dealt with were in the restaurant and they were great. I did try to call guest services and their english was weak, but my Chinese was weaker!!!
* FOOD/RESTAURANTS/GROCERY STORES/ROOM SERVICE - The restaurant that has a breakfast buffet (only one I ate in) was amazing. They had both local and North American food (more of this). The fruit, pastries, breads and meats were all hot, fresh and very tasty.
* POOL/BEACH - No beach (of course it’s in the centre of Beijing). They have a pool, but I didn’t see/use it. I heard from others that it was great and warm.
* FITNESS ROOM - Didn’t use it, but I heard from others it was great.
* DESCRIPTION OF HOTEL/RESORT - large, modern, great quality, and very clean
* AIR CONDITIONING - worked excellent and was very quiet. You had full control over the temperature and fan
* FRONT DOOR STAFF - didn’t use them
* SPA - Our tour operator had local massage ladies come to our room for my wife and myself for $33 each for 90 minutes. Amazing price and great service. They soaked my feet in tea!!!
* INTERNET/WI-FI - free in restaurants and lobby. In the room it was a maximum of approx $15US/day, but it was very fast, but filtered. I connected with an ethernet cable (brought my own). If you want to surf in China I suggest a VPN connection back to North America so your surfing isn’t filtered. Couldn’t get on Facebook, Twitter. Some news sites didn’t even come up.
* LOCATION / CONVENIENCE/ HOT TO GET THERE - The hotel was well situated (near the Olympic stadium), and it didn’t take us long to get to other Beijing tourist areas
* LAUNDRY SERVICE - Didn’t use it due to the cost. It was going to cost $4 to wash my underwear and $8 to wash a pair of pants
* AGE OF HOTEL - Brand new (I think in 2011/12)
* PRICE/VALUE RATIO - It was part of our tour package, but I checked online and it was $272 US /night.
* SERVICE - CHECK-IN/DURING - The service was excellent - everyone was always helpful
* ROOM TIP - get a corner room
* FAMILY FRIENDLY OR COUPLES ONLY - very nice for anybody
* GIFT SHOP - Didn’t use it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel is conveniently located on Beijing’s north Third Ring Road, in the heart of the city’s transportation network. Just 20 minutes from Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), we have easy access to major attractions such as the Olympic Stadium, Tiananmen Square, Financial Street, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall.Our 441 contemporary guest rooms and suites range from 43 to 240 square meters. In addition to the celebrated “ahhh” of the plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed, you’ll also enjoy a 42” LCD Flat Screen Television, High Speed Internet Access, and a separate bath and shower.During your stay, share a meal in one of our four restaurants—featuring Chinese, Japanese, Italian, and all-day dining—or get a refreshing drink in our Lobby Lounge. Relax with a massage at the Shine Spa for Sheraton, take a dip in our indoor heated swimming pool, or work out in our modern fitness center. And you can easily stay connected to home and the office with wired and wireless High Speed Internet Access in your guest room, the business center, or meeting rooms.Let us bring your vision of a grand meeting or lively social event to life in our 13 functions spaces, totaling more than 2,400 square meters. State-of-the-art audiovisual facilities are available, as are experienced event and catering specialists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.