“Best Sheraton Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 6,435 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“Best Sheraton Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have been a Starwood Member and Owner for many years. This was my first trip to Beijing. I did a lot of research and decided to stay at this Sheraton. I'm still at the hotel and have to stay that this place is amazing. All of the staff are very friendling and accommodating with every request. The rooms are wonderful. If you are coming to visit, it is worthwhile booking one of the executive roooms so you can have daily access to the executive lounge. The view of Beijing from the lounger is amazing!!!!!

Want to say a special thank you to Ross, Vincent and the wonderful staff in the executive lounge who have be an amazing help.

Mrs. Heir

Room Tip: Go for an executive suite. You won't regret your decision.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Dear reviewer, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy Beijing schedule to share your comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and to share some time together. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in exploring the many interesting activities that Beijing has to offer. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our Sheraton Club team and we do hope you may have a chance to come back and see us again sometime soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great Hotel -- Contemporary hotel. Rooms are big and nicely decorated. Large flat screen TV with unbelievable bathroom. Great hotel for both tourist and business travelers. Very close to National stadium (Bird nest Olympic Stadium ). Bfast restaurant is busy between 7:30am and 8:30am..either go little early or little late.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the comforts of our guest rooms and the convenience of the hotel to the many attractions that Beijing offers. We look forward to welcome you back sometime soon.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a 1 year old new hotel. The Excecutive Club service provided by its personnel is great. The executive club itself is well maintained, staffed and run quite efficiently. It is a great place to stay for business or pleasure. Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay.

The only drawback is thet beng a 1 year old hotel, most of the Beijing taxi drivers do not know the location of this hotel even thought you show them the hotel card with instructions on how to get back. Also, it is quite difficult to get a taxi to go soemwhere from the hotel in the evenings. I had to wait about 30 minutes to get a taxi in front of the hotel to go to a restaurant for dinner. Not too many taxis come to this hotel in the evenings

Additionally, for coming back to the hotel from wherever you are at in the evenings, the Beijing Taxis will ask 50 RMB above the meter cost. Although this practice is illegal, it is done. So, look aorund a bit and you "may" find a honest taxi driver who is willing to drive you back at the cost of the meter.

Room Tip: If you have suite, request for one on Executive Floor (Floor 21 and up). They are much better, bigg...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your recent stay at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel. We so delighted that you enjoyed the warm comfort and spectacular views of our Sheraton Club facilities and will certainly share your feedback with our team. No doubt this will encourage them to strive to further enhance our guests’ experience. I was sorry to learn of your Beijing taxi experience. It is rare these days that taxi drivers attempt to exploit their passenger but if you encounter this problem again, please do let our concierge team know and they may be able to assist. We certainly hope we will be seeing you again soon.
washington dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Expansive hotel but very comfortable feeling. Great staff that communicates well in English if you need this. Stayed on the 21st floor with a great view. No long lines at check in or out. Very sleek and modern with at least 4 dinning options but not cheap. Beds are great and no issue with noise. The subway is about a 10min walk away.
The gym and pool are outstanding. You must take advantage of the spa like facilities in the lock rooms - very nice.

All in all there is nothing missing film this hotel - no complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Reviewer, Thanks for your kind comments and we are delighted that you had a great stay at our hotel.
Your positive feedback will further encourage us to continue to improve our service levels.
Thank you again for sharing and our hotel team look forward to being of service to you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Beijing. Be Well!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

After a long week of business travel around China, was exhausted on arrival to the lobby. The lobby manager saw me come through the door, took pity and ensured that I received an express check in process at the club lounge level.

My reveiw on the room is a club room and it is clean, convenient and very comforable. The best Sheraton that I have stayed.

The gym and spa are absolutely top notch. New and very high end exercise equipment, overall a great environment to sweat out the stress of the road.

You will have to ensure that the hotel's location is good for your sightseeing endeavours, but everything in Beijing is a drive through the choked streets in any case. Enjoy !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s facilities and services and that our hotel team has made a positive difference to your stay experience. This gives us all great encouragement and we certainly hope we may have a chance to welcome you back when you are next in Beijing. Stay well !
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed there for 6 nights when I went back to Beijing to meet my old friends. The front desk agents were nice and the concierge staff were helpful. All the facilities are new because it's a Starwood hotel opened almost one year ago. I like the room, which is comfortable. I did not have dinner there because I always stayed with my friends outside and came back so late. I guess the food there will be also good.
The location is also good. I can go anywhere I want by subway or bus.
They provide free Internet Service(link at Sheraton) in the lobby. I could use their computer to send E-mails.
It's a pity that the staff there made some mistakes during my stay. I asked them to send something to my room, however, they delivered the wrong items.I asked the operator about the open time of the BHG supermarket, she said "9AM". I needed to buy something there so I kept waiting in my room until 9AM. When I got there, they told me it would be opened at 10AM. I really hope the staff can deliver correct information to the guests, even it's simple.
On the whole, it's a good hotel. I will choose here when I go to Beijing next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng Hotel.
It is a pleasure to hear that both the guest room facilities and the hotel’s convenient location suited your needs and met your expectations. Thank you for bringing to our attention the incidents of misinformation experienced during your stay. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and certainly will share these examples with our team so that we may avoid in future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope you may have time on your next visit to sample one or more of our four excellent restaurants. See you soon !.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng for 3 nights during a vacation trip in August 2012. This Hotel is one of the nicest Sheraton Hotels I have ever stayed at, and offered great value paying with Cash & Points at that time.
Our room was surprisingly large, well furnished with a nice seating area, modern and clean. The concierge team was very helpful, helping us to optimize our time in Beijing.
We had dinner once at their buffet restaurant (forgot the exact name, sorry) , and while there was a great variety of choices (as expected at the price), quality/freshness of some of the items was less impressive, thus I will skip this restaurant next time.

Since we were there for vacation/sightseeing, we found the location of the hotel less then convenient, since it takes almost 1h to get anywhere to major sights by public transportation (walk to subway + time on the train). The area also seems to have very little taxis, and the few that come by won't necessarily stop for 'foreigners' (besides the hotel staff trying very hard).

Conclusion: I would make this Sheraton my go-to hotel in Beijing for business trips, but for vacation I would stay closer to major sights

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross G, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear reviewer, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and service. Thank you for your helpful feedback on your dining experiences and we certainly will share these comments with our restaurant teams. We hope we can engage your tastebuds more fully during your next stay.
We are delighted to hear you will return to us again and we look forward to turning your next visit into another memorable experience.