“Best sleep in China!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 1,289 Beijing B&B and Inns
Taipei, Taiwan
“Best sleep in China!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I often have problem sleeping when I travel, and I am a very light sleeper at home, but when I stayed in fly by knight hostel I had the best sleeping experience! this guest house is located in the deep end of a beijing hutong and it's very quiet! the comfortable bed and clean sheets made it much easy for me to fall in sleep. great location in the middle of the town and it makes traveling so easy. when I stayed there are many other travelers from different countries and everyone is friendly. I don't normally do reviews but since fly by knight is one of my best experience and the staff have been really nice to me, I decided to write one and recommend everyone. if you are coming to China, come and stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102, and it's very quiet at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Crystal H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

It is sure not the cheapest hostel in Beijing, but it worth!
It's like a second home for me in Beijing. It's not easy to find the hostel for the first time, as it locate in a hutong corner, need to take some time to find it.
The location is actually convenient once you know where it is. Just around 5-10 mins from a metro station, with some nice restaurants nearby.
The staff are friendly and helpful, they provide advice on trips and tips in beijing, even you ask them questions about beijing they don't know, they are more than eager to look for answer for you.
Rooms and toilet are clean.
The common room is really a warm and friendly area, many travellers stay in the common room instead of staying in the room at night. You can always see people in the common room, so it's ok for you to travel alone here. I did make some friends here and went travel with them.

And they have kongfu class every weekend, it's a pity that because of my tight schedule I cannot join them, but my roommates says it was really interesting.

the service and environment is so great that you can feel their passion and enthusiasm in running this hostel.

Room Tip: Stayed in a mixed room with own toilet and bathroom next to the common room, so the wifi connection...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SterKenny
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

great, clean, nice hostel..the owners were friendly also..they helped me with buy the train tickets also, even before I arrived at the hostel. the location is also quite near the metro, around 10 minutes walk I think

the bathroom was big and clean, the bedroom also nice, breakfast was also quite good.

although this place is difficult to find, maybe they need to provide better guidance about how to find the place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank yolz1106
FlybyKnightTeam, Manager at Fly by Knight Courtyard Beijing, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay here! and we will work on a better map in the near future! Thank you again!
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great little place. Staff couldn't have done more to help us and their English was very good (which was a sharp contrast to the people of Beijing who speak little English generally). Room was a bit drafty but we got an extra heater. Our room would have been uncomfortably cold in the middle of winter as there was a crack between the wall and window where wind was whistling in! Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day! Thanks Fly by Knight!!

Room Tip: Enquire about the availability of heaters in your room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Helen! we are glad you enjoyed your stay here! we have added strong heater for the winter! thank you for the advice!
Kofu, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a nice hostel in a traditional neighborhood. The staff is friendly and helpful. I think it was a bit expensive though as far as hostels in China go. I spent 2 weeks backpacking around China and FBK was easily the most expensive. They have a small selection of snacks and drinks in the main office / lounge area that are really convenient. Purchases are made on the honor system and you just put your money on the table and make change when applicable. I thought this was nice. They had a PS3 hooked up with some games in the lounge too. There are tons of travel books and games for free use too. I booked my tour to the Great Wall through them which was easy. I think it was around 60 dollars for the Great Wall ticket, 2 meals, and transportation. The hostel sets everything up for you. Add another 10 dollars if you want to take the cable car up to the wall instead of climbing lots of stairs. The Great Wall was amazing and the section I went to Mutianyu (I think) wasn't very crowded. I think it took around an hour to get to the wall from the hostel, but it might have been a little longer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Will B
Thank you Will for the great review! we are glad you enjoyed the great wall trip!
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

In this little gem, you find yourself in the heart of Beijing's incredible Hutongs. The Hostel does cost more, and if you are perhaps looking to stay on the super tight travelers budget, it might not be for you. However, if you perhaps want a night or two to recover after 4 or 5 weeks on the road and still don't want to pay over the odds... or, you can afford an extra $8-10 a night.... this is certainly the place to be. It would also be very possible to spend an extra $20-30 and get terrible accommodation in comparison. When you arrive, you instantly feel the warmth of the place and you'll feel as though you walked back into historical China - minus the mod-cons, obviously! They start by letting you know what their facilities are, including free internet and wifi, as well as handing you a local mobile, fully credited (which they also re-fill if, like me, you use it all up), which also happens to have the owners number saved on board, in case you find yourself in a tight spot. All of this i might add, is included if all you're paying for is a single bed, in the dorm. The rooms are basic, but clean, and without that over-riding feeling of "cheapness", many hostels struggle to keep clear of. Finally, if you are around while the very friendly, helpful and inclusive staff, are having dinner, you will find yourself invited to eat their, fresh, local and delicious food... Chinese style! Oh.... very finally, you can take a trip to the top of the roof and watch the sunset with a bottle of wine, cold beer... or green tea, should the mood strike you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in this hostel for two weeks in August and it couldn't have been a nicer experience. The atmosphere of the courtyard is very nice, I especially enjoyed having breakfast out there in the morning. Staff are very friendly, they helped me book my next train journey to Chongqing. The restaurants in the alleys near the hostel are inexpensive and delicious. I stayed in the 8 person dorm room which was surprisingly clean. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013