“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #8 of 1,345 Beijing B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there for three night and very pleased with it. We found the place on Airbnb which probably not the cheapest place on the site, but it's definitely one of the best.

The courtyard is located right in the centre of Beijing within the old Hutong area, walking distance to many attractions. I grow up in Hutong in China, the stay reminded all the fun I had in my childhood which was much enjoyed by sharing my childhood stories with my bf.

The courtyard is very traditional but with modern facilities, nice interior in the rooms. The staff are also very nice and helpful.

I'd recommend this place to people travelling to Beijing who want to know different aspects of China.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lindsayhui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Petersburg, Alaska
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I had just completed the adoption of an 8 year old boy from China and we had to spend a week in Beijing for a visa. We made the Fly by Knight our base.

Our room was apparently one of the largest but was a little small for the three of us but that was acceptable because it encouraged us to get out of the room more. The common space is welcoming and they have self-serve soda, juice, beer, noodles and other things available.

The courtyard itself is great and they have a stairwell that lets you look out over the rooftops of the area buildings.

The location is pretty convenient - a fair walk to some attractions, just a ten minute walk to the subway, and decent food and beverages available within walking distance.

The staff were exceptional. They readily searched for places we needed to go, wrote directions for cab drivers, and helped make our new son feel welcome.

The place is a little tricky to find especially since many cab drivers will not drive down the narrow hutong streets. It would be good to be sure that you have their phone number handy as you arrive so they can help you navigate.

Accepting payment by Paypal was great for us, but be sure to have cash otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank zieak
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a lovely Chinese traditional house turned into a small inn. Nicely and tastefully remodeled and decorated. Near subway station.

The nearby neighborhood is not the cleanest hutong, but this inn is very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank FactReporter
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was moving from a small city in china with my dog, back to the states and had to stay in Beijing for a few days. I searched for a pet friendly hotel, but all I found had pretty bad ratings, on a whim I searched pet friendly hostels and this was the only one that popped up with great ratings. My stay there was amazing with my sweet puppy, they were so friendly towards me and my dog. This is the best hostel I've stayed in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Natasha K
Beijing, China
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Breakfast was delicious, very good service and quite cozy and private atmosphere, stunning Chinese traditional architecture and beautiful decoration inside:)Nice view to the part of Wangfujing and Dongsi street from the courtyard roof(Thanks to Huang Shifu)...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lilithgao
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have now stayed in this hostel twice. The first time was in Summer 2012 - there were two of us that time and we took a private room with shared bathroom. This time I was on my own and took a bed in the female dorm of 6. This hostel is especially great if you are travelling on your own as the way it is set up with the common room means that it is very easy to mix with other people. I was a bit worried that it would be cold in March but there were two heaters in the room which meant it was fine. The setting of the hostel around a courtyard in the hutong is beautiful and makes for a lovely atmosphere. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff - they are so friendly and willing to help. I believe they are in the process of setting up a new hostel in another city (not sure of the name but I think it might be Datong). If I return to China I would definately consider trying that out too just based on my experience in Beijing.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank BeccaLouiseG
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I often have problem sleeping when I travel, and I am a very light sleeper at home, but when I stayed in fly by knight hostel I had the best sleeping experience! this guest house is located in the deep end of a beijing hutong and it's very quiet! the comfortable bed and clean sheets made it much easy for me to fall in sleep. great location in the middle of the town and it makes traveling so easy. when I stayed there are many other travelers from different countries and everyone is friendly. I don't normally do reviews but since fly by knight is one of my best experience and the staff have been really nice to me, I decided to write one and recommend everyone. if you are coming to China, come and stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102, and it's very quiet at night.