“China Tour.net does a great job with their tours”

TourBeijing-Day Tour
Ranked #139 of 398 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing sightseeing tours, including day tour and packages to visit the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, etc. Specialized in English language tour guide services.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I went to Beijing for Lunar Break. We arranged two tours through China Tour.Net, both were excellent. Our first tour was to Xian to see the Terracotta warriors, the driver picked us up at our hotel, got us to the airport and in Xian the tour director was there to greet us and take us on the tour. The lunch was great and the guide very knowledgeable. Our second tour was to the Great Wall, Ming Tours and a tea ceremony. Again, all details were taken care of and the guide, Kathy, was fantastic. I would highly recommend booking with them, they are very good.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank ShannieKay

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We originally worked with Nancy at ChinaTour.net and her suggestions for a package tour was great. She was willing to work with you to fine tune to your choices. Our package included: Three nights at the Prime Hotel (5 Star and GREAT), Private Guide with a Driver and Car, all meals, Evening Show - we chose the Acrobat Show and enjoyed very much, and transfer to the Airport.

We had a personal tour booked from October 7-10, 2013. Doing the tour with personal guide and car/driver is definitely the way to go. The individual care and service would, I’m sure, far outweigh the savings in doing a group tour. Our personal guide, Lily Yan, was excellent and made our full schedule interesting and informative. She was great! The driver’s skills and abilities were wonderful... we felt completely safe as he manoeuvred throughout the streets and congestion of Beijing.

We didn’t realize it was considered a “shopping tour” until we got into the schedule and were speaking with our Guide. This included stops at the Silk and Jade Factories - which was okay and very interesting. You were not forced into buying items, but after seeing how both silk and jade are produced, it was worthwhile, rather than spending money on knock offs. We didn’t go to the “tourist markets” where you barter as we just ran out of time and energy, but were okay with it, especially as we were able to get our souvenirs at scheduled stops.

The only glitch we ran into was that our hotel was not pre-booked by ChinaTour.net as it was supposed to be, but Lily arrived on schedule and had it sorted out in no time. I would suggest a follow up that this has been done prior to arrival. It was just a bit tense for 20 minutes or so before Lily arrived.

To see Beijing in 2.5 days expect a full and exhausting days, as you’ll walk 5-7 km a day and put in a good 12-hour day. If planning a stay in Beijing, definitely go with a private tour guide and car/driver. You wouldn’t want to organize this totally on your own. The tour rate with ChinaTour.net (with all included) was well worth the monies spent. In fact, be sure to ask for Lily Yan as your Guide. She was excellent and we would highly recommend her.

2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I did the 2 day tour. Day one as the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall. Day two was Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City than the Temple of Heaven and last was the summer palace. The first day was great the guide was very good. Only issue was I was the only one who actually walked the entire way up the wall and I wasn't sure which way to go since theres two ways to go so I guessed. The second day was pretty similar. The tour guide was great and I had a flight to catch that night. The guide made sure I got to the best metro station possible to catch the train right to the airport. Made my flight with no problem. Overall great tour, wish we didn't have to go to the shops like the pearl factory or the silk factory but I think that is done because the tour price is so low.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
4  Thank Adam T
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I used chinatour.net to book tours, hotels, trains and an airport pick up. They worked out about 20 british pounds more than I could have done it for myself but the whole service saved me a lot of hassle which made it more than worth it for me. You never quite know how things are going to work out when you book them on the net but everything worked out fine. My only gripe is the tour guide who rushed us through things very quickly, particularly the forbidden city and tianamen square which was very disappointing. Each tour involved unscheduled trips to a jade shop, a tea shop, a silk shop and a medicine clinic where there was heavy pressure to purchase at very expensive prices. Be prepared!

2  Thank oamarugirl
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Everthing worked out as planned through the online agency: schedule respected, guide/driver very ponctual, fexible, informed and friendly.
We never lost a second between the different sights and experienced so much.
A good deal and would defintely recommend it to anyone planning on discovering Beijing!

3  Thank Ariane C