“Great Place to Refresh”
Review of Alba Cafe

Alba Cafe
Ranked #24 of 380 Coffee & Tea in Beijing
Neighbourhood: Houhai
Description: Alba was created in 2007 it offers a range of delicious American and European food to their customers. They regularly serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at a great price. This restaurant prides itself on its menu being fresh, organic, with the food being prepared in a simple manner in order to satisfy their customers and make them feel at home.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

1. After a long walk at NanLuoGuXiang nearby, you need a place to refresh, it will be a great place.

2. Food and Coffee Quality not bad. I love the breakfast.

3. The atmosphere here is very appealing and relaxing. It is suitable to couple and some very close friends to get together.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I've eaten here numerous times. The staff understand English, are efficient and the food is fresh and delicious. The breakfast is great and I especially love the homemade sausages. The salads and sandwiches are better than most restaurants at a very good price. Even though it's in a popular area and near many tourist spots, there is always a table available. A gem!

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick breakfast of pancakes, french toast and croissants served with a decent coffee.
Friendly serving staff with limited English but hey I forgot MY phrasebook.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice. The first time I didn't really like the food, but it seemed so popular I thought I would give it another go. Bad idea. The food quality is terrible and the taste is even worse. I get that the atmosphere here is appealing to some, but you should make any special effort to come here, it's a waste of time. Sure get a coffee or a tea, but be warned against their food. The staff don't really speak English for those who can't communicate in Chinese, but they did take away my horrible food and didn't charge me for it (maybe this happens a lot).

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The coffee is great and the food is very popular with expats, although we didn't eat there. The staff are generally on their game and the atmosphere is very cool and welcoming. What more can you ask for?

My only issues were that the toilet was a bit dirty and the prices are quite high.