The Classic Courtyard or Candy Inn or...?!? There are 3 names written on the hotel and this is never a good sign, did they change it to sound better or to get rid of previous bad reviews?
First the good: - The location is great and the rooms look nice.
The bad: - The staff is untrustworthy, charged 200 RMB deposit just to conveniently forget to return 100 RMB and pretend they never received it thanks to unreadable handwriting on the deposit receipt. The CCTV footage mysteriously froze and jumped ahead when the money was handed over. This is not a good way to handle this, plus the guy was rude.
Always double check your receipts and make sure they write it readable.
- There was a bad smell in the room (109), noise from the washers and dryers located outside, no room number on the door.
- Room was not cleaned properly, a wet bathroom was still wet in the evening, bed was not made, rubbish not emptied. only towels were changed.
- Bathroom got completely wet when showering thanks to a wrongly attached shower head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Classic Courtyard Ideally located in Hutong area in Beijing's city centre, The Classic Courtyard is a 5-minutes walk from line 2 and line 5 Yonghegong Lama Temple subway station. It offers clean and comfortable accommodation with convenient access to nearby attractions. Airport Expressway is a 10-minute drive away.Housed in a traditional Chinese-style courtyard, The Classic Courtyard is a short 5-minute walk from the Goast Street, which is famous for the food and snacks. Popular attractions such as Lama Temple, Confucius Temple and Nanluoguxiang Hutong are within walking distance of the hotel. The bustling Sanlitun and Houhai Bar Street are within a 10-minute drive of the hotel.The spacious rooms come equipped with modern facilities including air-conditioning, attached bathrooms and free Internet access.Guests can relax at the comfortable lounge and mix with others and watch films. A bar and restaurant serves Chinese and Western dishes as well as American breakfast.Feel at ease with the hotel’s English speaking staff when making ticket, transport and tour arrangements at the travel desk. Other facilities include laundry and bike rentals.Our rooms are comfortably furnished and all offer a degree of luxury and individual touches of flair you would expect for a relaxing stay.The food is as stunning as the setting. Our modern a la carte dinner menu, created by Executive Chef, features an eclectic fusion of Mediterranean and Chinese food. The wine list is as imaginative as it is extensive, whilst our lunchtime buffet never ceases to delight!From airport:If you take a taxi, it will cost you about 80RMB to The Classic Courtyard including the high-way toll.If you take a shuttle bus (16RMB PP) or airport express (25RMB PP): get off at the 'DongZhiMen' station which is near the hostel, then take a taxi (about 13RMB) or by subway (line 2) to the 'Yonghegong, Lama Temple' station, from exit 'C', turn left (maybe turn left two times, there are two ‘C’ exits altogether, it depends), walk along the street about 100m,still on your left, you will see Bei Xin Hutong , inside 50m, The Classic Courtyard is standing there.Or Order our Limousine service its cost 300CNY (Including highway toll and Airport parking cost)From Beijing railway station: Please take subway line No.2 (circle line) from 'Beijing railway' station to the 'Lama Temple' station, from exit 'C' turn left (to south) walk around 100m, passing the Lama Temeple, also on your left, the second Hutong is Bei Xin Hutong, The Classic Courtyard is inside.From Beijing west railway station:Take a taxi; it costs you about 40RMB.Or take the bus Te2, get off at 'Yonghegong Qiao dong',turn left, walking along the red wall of the Lama Temple about 300meters, you will see the 'Beixin Hutong', The Classic Courtyard is inside.From Beijing South Rail Way Station: Get on the subway line4 to Xuanwumen Station, exchange line2 and get off at Yonghegong station(also say Lama Temple,which is the transfer station line2 and line5), from exit 'C' to the ground,turn left. We are 50m south of the Lama Temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your The Classic Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.