“not a bad choice if your office is nearby Lize street”
Review of Kuntai Hotel

Kuntai Hotel
Ranked #680 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel is located near many corporate offices which is the USP of this Hotel. The room size where I was putting in was king size specious, the ambiance of the room was very good, along with services of wired and wireless internet services. I personally didn't enjoy the breakfast here, may be being a vegetarian I left with very limited options, I had skipped breakfast at several occasions due to lack of choices available. Room temperature control was not working and it used to get very hot in the middle of night. Nearby subway station is considerably far from the hotel making inconvenience for those who travel by this transport mode.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hardik_Tankaria

Reviewed 11 November 2013

In the winter, the hotel only operates the "heating" part of the air-conditioning system. The whole hotel is heated up centrally to some absurdly high temperature. My room with the window opened, air-conditioner off, is btw. 27-29C (80-86F) all night when the outside temperature is 0C (32F). All the guests I talked to at the conference complained about this and said they could not sleep.

My chat with the manager ended up with an offer of a fan and a humidifier and an offer to move to lower floors which should be cooler. Since I am only staying 2 nights, I declined the move but accepted the humidifier. It is useless.

This is not a 5 star hotel if it cannot control the central heating and room temperature. The lobby displays a double gold key symbol signifying some French group recommending it as a special hotel. They should delist this place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Efyshum
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Really very nice hotel indeed. Lovely spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows completely along one side, great to work in.Wonderfully comfortable beds.Internet could do with being a bit more consistent but with wireless and wired available in the bedrooms. Good location in this newish business district and close to the airport but a bit of a trek into the centre, especially with no nearby subway. I used meeting rooms on the third floor which were very good and well managed. The bedroom rates seemed pretty good value.Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Location is not far from the airport 2 minutes walking distance from the office, a very atmospheric hotel, the door man will take the initiative to open the door or help on luggage with big smile. room very comfortable, wide space with office table and sofa decorated in a modern bathroom with board of glass wall.
I had to confirm that AC is perfect and room temperature is adjustable to the required set point,
lobby is large and convenient,SPA is available on the basement and relaxation is granted after a long working day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hima2000
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Upon Checking In I noticed that the temperature in my room was warm. So I switched the AC and as I was jet lagged went straight to bed. Managed to get some sleep but it was not comfortable as the room was very warm. So the next day I went straight to work and when I went back to my room I again tried to switch the AC. After waiting an hour and noticing no change in temperature (it was 30 degrees in my room) i rang reception and was shocked when they told me that they Air-Con in rooms does not blow cold air. When I told them that this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel they offered to send some ice to my room and open my room window. I am not sure how the ice could have helped! So I opened the window and as the hotel is on a busy road, the notice together with the hot room temperature meant that this not I did not get a minute of sleep. So at 6 am I went downstairs only to notice some other customers also complaining about the same thing. The most annoying part is that the air-conditioning was not broken but they had deliberately switched it off. I was told that the hotel has to pay extra money if they switch it on before a certain time! Anyways as I was desperate, I asked for a fan and even that was not provided. I was told all the fans have been given to other guests and i must wait for another guest to check out before they can give me the fan. I threatened to check out unless they switch the air-con and they told me that they will switch it on once the day manager comes.

Room Tip: All rooms are hot!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

I held meetings in the lobby, walked to work across the street and held a nice catered reception in the Kuntai. I was impressed with the rooms, the service and ambience. My only minor complaint would be that wifi is only available in the lobby, but when I used it, the signal was very strong and I was able to have good quality Skype calls on my iPhone.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I tried this hotel because of its proximity to my office. The room AC was not very effective so with the system running 24x7 the room could not get cool and ever dropped below 24.5 c. A claimed 5 star, the rooms was cheep with wood finished stickers used as laminate and heavy smell of glue. Additional the bed had already begun to sag even though the hotel opened only 6 months ago. Lastly unless you work at one of the office buildings with in walking distance the hotel is disconnected. Very few food or convenient options. Personally I will switch back to Traders Upper East or Marriott Courtyard North East and take a taxi to the office for my future trips.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business