“Worthy of all the excellent reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
US$77.23*
and up
Private Old Beijing Walking Day Tour: Dashilan Shops, Lunch, and Foot Spa...
Ranked #30 of 373 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: The China Guide creates private, customized China tours. With our Western-style travel sense and passion for Chinese culture and history, let us send you on a journey you will never forget.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worthy of all the excellent reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We travelled as a family in a private tour provided by The China Guide from July 11-21, 2014. The cities we visited were Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an. Our children were ages 4 and 8. Being vegetarian and travelling with young children, we were very apprehensive about a trip to a mostly non-English speaking country. However, we could not have imagined a more perfect trip. Before we left for our trip, our friends at home were baffled why and how we can take our two young children on a trip to China. They thought we were crazy...but I was very happy to prove them all wrong upon my return!

My interactions with The China Guide all started with The China Guide's travel agent, Sarah Liu. I started my trip planning in March. For 3 months, I communicated via email with Sarah to construct the most appropriately paced itinerary for my family. We had so many requests, and Sarah responded promptly each time and NEVER said "No, we can't." Sarah created an excellent, flawless itinerary for my family. She was extremely easy and pleasure to deal with from the beginning of my tour selection process all the way to through the tour completion.

ALL of the guides were FANTASTIC! Our guides were as follows Erik (Beijing), Tom (Shanghai), Britney (Xi'an), and Andy (Beijing). Each guide was very knowledgeable, friendly, and well-spoken in English.

We did not have to worry about anything. Never had to wait in line for tickets for any attractions......the guides always made sure that we are comfortably waiting in a shaded area while they purchased the tickets for us. Never had to worry about having to whip out my translator app as the guides were more than helpful with translations. Never had to worry about airport check-ins as the guides accompanied my family all the way to the security gate well past check-in. Never had to worry about the smallest things like getting a SIM card for my cell phone as the guides were happy to help out.

I would recommend this company to anyone including family and friends without reservations.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Dev D

• Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mutiyanu and Ming Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This tour was phenomenal. It was the first time I ever booked a private tour and now I can honestly say that it's the best way to go, especially with our tour guide Andy. My family and I had so much fun, it was the highlight on our trip in China. The car ride was comfortable, and Andy was knowledgable and attentive. He even made sure we had in my opinion the best vegetarian meal we ever had. I would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rosa S
Ormond Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Most conveint, excellent plannig great English”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Well thought out tour from the places we were interested in seeing as well as new sites. Would definitely recommed

Visited August 2013
3 Thank bristolroad
Alpine, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great guide for an unfortgettable trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We are a family of five (three children) and spent three days in Beijing. Our tour guide (Andy) was fantastic. He was a great fit for our family and our kids completely enjoyed spending time with him. We were very happy with our trip and felt that Andy and the tour was essential to the fun we had. They made everything very easy, stress free and enjoyable. They had every detail covered from transportation, site seeing, great food, etc... Well worth the price and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Rob R
Germany
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“This is the company to use while in Beijing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I contacted the China Guide via email concerning an upcoming family trip to Beijing. I requested a private tour be provided with one day on the Great Wall and a one day food tour. Sarah was very receptive and responsive to my emails. She put together a custom itinerary that was exactly what I asked for. We paid 20% down before we got to China and the rest the first morning of our tour.
Our tour was a private tour that provided transportation, a tour guide, lunch each day and the cost of the lift tickets up to the wall.

Andy was our tour guide. HE WAS AMAZING. He was just so attentive. His English was beyond great. He was informative, attentive, great with my kids and just an extremely nice and respectful gentleman.

During dinner of our second night, a gentleman approached our dinner table and ask (very politely) to borrow Andy for a moment. It turns out he was someone from one of Andy's former tours. I think that speaks very highly of Andy and his great ability as a tour guide that this gentleman not only remember him - but also wanted to seek him out and say hello.

I cannot recommend The China Guide along with Sarah and Andy enough. We were very luck to find this company - they made our Beijing vacation the best.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Paula W

Been to The China Guide? Share your experiences!