“Great for layovers”

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Airport Zone
Ranked #174 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Good located about 10min cab ride from PEK BCIA. Clean and modern rooms. Tasty breakfast but choices are a bit limited.
Very friendly and funny staff!

Perfect for layovers but too remote for Beijing sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Günther L

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I checked in here for an overnight stay to catch a noon flight the next day....good things about the hotel....excellent staff, trying their best against all odds, giving u a feeling that u are cared for, as usual rooms of the HI Express hotels elsewhere in China, free Internet, being a Platinum member fresh fruits and a gesturely humidifier added, paid shuttle services to the airport at selective timings, city shuttles at selected timings.....that is about the plus. Cons are for sure the location, a 35RMB away from the airport, unfriendly taxi drivers knowing nothing about this location, inspite of a good landmark in the Ditan hospital's Out-patient block just opposite to the hotel, a very mediocre breakfast, nothing to shop and eat nearby and if at odd hours u need anything, God alone need to come to your rescue.....one peculiar thing, I felt a peculiar u pleasant smell in my room, also the toilet room had some flies....perhaps the house-keeping staff need to disinfect the rooms......again I repeat, the services of the staff are highly appreciable....I specially thank Tina LI and another two persons who helped me with a print-out and arranging a taxi.....Good property, good people, a little to do here and there but for sure a God forsaken place....nice for a transit stay, cheap and better value had food is fixed good, shuttle is frequent and free....

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms facing the road.....also above 3 or 4 th floors...good without smell of cigarettes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Plus points:
Friendly helpful staff, room and hotel very clean, free fast internet:

Minus points:
Location...not near anything of interest but too neat the airport for taxi drivers to be interested.
Breakfast..,,fried eggs you could fire from a gun without damaging them,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Unless you just need a bed to sleep in (and no food, or anything to do) don't stay here.

The employees try hard, but given that there is nothing in this hotel, and taxis don't even bother coming to it, there is little they can do.

Heaven forbid you ask for a cup of coffee at 5:55am, just before you leave. Breakfast opens at seven.

I am a gold priority club member, and received a card for a free welcome drink. That was limited to coke, diet coke, iced tea, and a few other sodas. No coffee, no tea. I've stayed at other ihg hotels which at least had some selection.

Trying to leave for my departure flight, I asked for a taxi. They called for one to come. I waited 25 minutes at the front door before returning to the front desk. Apparently the taxi drove up to the street, not even in the parking lot, and then left because there were no people working outside. This in turn caused me to sit in traffic the whole way to the airport.

I might stay at another holiday inn express, but never, ever, again at this one. I would rather use the hourly pay goteks at the beijing airport than stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank lyric340
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I would have given this hotel 4 circles(very good) except for its location. The hotel is the usual Holiday Inn Express In China set up. You get a comfortable room, with a great shower and a decent free breakfast. The TV works and has English speaking stations.It is very quiet, but they may have been to me being there during the Chinese New Year. Most of China seems to go home during that week, so Beijing is not so crowded.Even though this hotel is only about 6 miles from the airport, it is very isolated. There is only 2 restaurants nearby and not much anything else except for a large hospital across the street. The taxi driver taking me from the airport wanted extra money because it is just a short distance. Getting a taxi to the airport is very difficult, and you have to pay from the dispatch office or a flat fee in advance. The hotel does offer 2 shuttle trips in the morning to the airport and it is possible they may be able to go at other times. The hotel staff was very competent. This is a great place to stay if you need a room near the airport and have a flight the next morning. I would stay there again, if this was the case.

Room Tip: it was very quiet on the outside so I do not think there is much difference
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My husband and I had a very long overnight layover in Beijing, so booked a hotel just for a place to sleep. We arrived after midnight; the staff was friendly and efficient so we could fall right into bed. We spoke no Chinese and their English was very good. The taxi ride from the airport read Y33 on the meter, but we were charged Y50 for some reason. The sharks in "unofficial taxis" at the airport will aim for Y150, thankfully we managed to see through the ruse in time. The room was clean and the bed comfortable; I think someone had smoked in the room though, but it was hard to tell because all of Beijing was filled with smog and perhaps the air filter system just couldn't handle the level of pollution. The breakfast was adequate; I have eaten in other Chinese hotels and this was much better. It was a mix of food to please both Western and Asian tastes.
There is an ATM off the lobby where you can withdraw from your USA bank or credit union; something we really needed at that point. The computers are Macs, not my favorite, but I managed. There is a lot of business equipment available, but I didn't need that.
The staff went above and beyond to help us visit the Great Wall during our short time there. They called a taxi (the driver didn't speak much English) and gave him our specific instructions, no stopping to shop, just get us to the wall and back to the airport before 2:00 p.m. and the terminal number. They also gave us the hotel number and said "if you have problems, just call." We ended up calling because we just couldn't communicate what we needed to the driver and they very happily translated and it worked out fine. I was impressed with that level of concern for a guest.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy M
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I had a stopover for a night at Beijing Airport. So I've choosen this hotel for my stay.

First the taxi driver don't know this hotel much and if they know it they feel that it is too near to the airport and try to cheat the customer by taking deviations!

The hotel itself is accomodating, also the staff at the front desk is very friendly and helpful. But there are some issues that it makes difficult for me to return again.

In particular the complementary breakfast is inacceptable. They right on every wall <Food Safety>, but it doesn't seem that the food was so saftety. I had only a coffe, cornflakes with milk and an apple juice (they put water in to increase the volume) in the morning as the rest of the breakfast wasn't so inviting.
Unfortunately during my long intercontinental return flight I got stomach and gastric diseases and emptied all my good food I also got during the flight.
I am sure that the reason was the breakfast in this hotel...

It is a new hotel and modern, but if they don't improve I don't see a good future for them.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business