“Comfortable Stay, Great View from the room!”

Fifth Ring Hotel Beijing
Ranked #3,575 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Unlike the reviews below, this hotel offers excellent value for money. Being a 4 star hotel slightly away from the center of the city, the room size if quite good and has great services. The breakfast menu was repetitive. The staff spoke English and were helpful. The room has free internet.

The view from our room was awesome. Wish it had a balcony as well.

Overall a great value hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel on my recent Beijing trip. I would say overall experience here was nice. Let me start with the room size, which was fairly big & even the bathroom was equally spacious. Rooms were clean & were equipped with all basic things including a decent sized safe(i have stayed at hotels in thailand where they even charge for safe)..... Breakfast served had more of chinese options compared to international selection. However still manageable..... Overall not a bad place when you are in Beijing........

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AshishPuri11
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Changed room 6 times in 3 days due to BEDBUGS and electrical problems. The Assistant manager knew as well as other staff members about the bugs. They just moved me to another room with Bugs again and again. We were told because we were with a tour we should not expect good service.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank chinatravler022
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The rooms were HUGE! But the towels had holes in them..... The breakfast was okay. Location not that great. Refrigerator in room along with an electric hot water pot for your tea, but they didn’t provide you with tea like other hotels do. Complimentary bottle of water every day. Hair dryer, but not powerful enough for me. The beds were very hard. Not many stations on TV.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I am staying here because I am part of group that has been touring China. Prior hotels the group has stayed in have been pleasant. Even when the hotel staff has not understood English they have smiled and presented a warm welcome. However, this hotel has not trained its staff in customer service, so there is no welcoming spirit. In fact, the management is hostile.
When we arrived at the hotel construction was going on. They were jack hammering a section of the hotel on the first floor and the work continued throughout the night for more than 2 days! No apology for the noise was offered for the lack of sleep it might cause or the inconvenience to the guests of this hotel.
There is an electric teapot in the room and there are 2 teabags. But, there are no condiments to go along with them and nothing to stir the tea.
The hotel offers a buffet breakfast. However, it has often been difficult to find a place to sit in the dining room since the tables do not get cleared quickly. Food is not replenished in a timely fashion. Even though the buffet opens at 6:30 AM it is not totally set up before 7.
When the fruit platter is empty it does not get replenished quickly.
When I tried to order ice cubes (there is no ice bucket in the room) for my room I waited a half hour and then called again. At the 3rd call an hour and a half later, I was told that the ice machine was broken. I just called again (another night) and was given the same story, but when I went downstairs to the bar area and requested a glass of ice it was given to me. I guess the machine got fixed in 5 minutes time!
Today when I returned to the room from my day of touring the parts of the phones (there are 2 in the room) had been removed.
Upon check-in I discovered that the internet in my room did not work. A housekeeper (very kind) came to the room and replaced the ethernet cord (they do not have wireless). She brought one in, but it did not work either. Finally, the 3rd one was not defective.
When I went to use the phone again the handset cord fell out. It still has not been fixed. When I tried to make an outgoing call I was told that the phones were shut down after 8:45. Ultimately I was told that since I was part of a group I could not make an outgoing call.
When a fellow traveler requested that I help her because her room was being changed AGAIN due to bed bugs, I was sitting in her new room. The manager was there because the friend could not open the safe. She had not yet used the safe since she had just changed rooms. The safe never could be opened and she was again changed to a new room. The next room had no electricity. In the final room the toilet did not work, but they were able to fix it.
I asked the manager about the lack of customer service in the hotel. She responded that I was "part of a tour group and not entitled to receive service"! Therefore, we are not valued customers!
And, my fellow traveler was never offered an apology for her inconvenience.
The beds in the room are very hard (not uncommon in Asia), but when I requested more than one quilt/blanket to soften the mattress I was only offered the one and it had little affect.
There are only 2 bath towels and they are quite stiff. In our previous hotels we could receive more towels on request and they were soft to the touch.
When I tried to change money at the front desk I was refused because I was part of a group. The program director spoke with the people at the desk and suddenly they were willing to exchange our money, although we were not given any small bills and they were unwilling to "break" the large bills for smaller denominations.
This hotel has Best Western logos on the business cards and the ammenities in the bathroom, but I believe that relationship has been severed since it recently underwent new management/ownership.
I know that there are a lot of complaints listed here but these are all legitimate. I don't feel that any business that is designed to serve customers should stay in business when they fail at their mission, and clearly this hotel deserves an "F"!
I will be checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank qhdesigner
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed in the hotel as part of a group tour of ten and all of us returned quite disappointed. The room quality is good, however surprised its a four star hotel as it had no gymnasium or swimming pool facilities which are rudimentary to get a 4 star rating.

The front desk staff were very very rude. Hardly anyone of the staff understood or spoke any english and they would just ignore any queries you had. We had received an important document by mail while we were out during the day. Upon return when we enquired for the same at the front desk, the staff said there was no such document received. We had to speak to 3-4 different people and after half an hour did the manager finally manage to locate the document. Also, when we asked for a couple of empty plates and spoons in our room, we were told to pay a RMB 200 deposit and also ensure we cleaned and returned the plates ourselves at the front desk the next day.

Also, beware of the paid toiletteries in the bathroom. It is very inconspicuously mentioned that you have to pay for it at the top of the pack. If you just happened to open the outer pack by mistake they would still ask you to fork out the entire 48RMB.

All in all would say there are much better hotel options in beijing than this one.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Avoid this hotel is a brothel! Prostitutes are in the hotel, proposition call cards are slipped under your door and condoms for sales in the room. We tried to pay for our hotel incidentals with a credit card but they only took in cash at the front desk – you can book on-line with a credit card…… This hotel is on the out skirts of Beijing and half the cab drivers refused to takes us back to the hotel when we were in the much nicer city center/western district.

To make it worse the hotel staff was rude, rude, rude! There were bugs in our bathroom flying out of a floor drain. Friends we were traveling with could not get their toilet fixed and ended up using our and the lobby toilet for the majority of their stay.

NO wireless internet as promised on the web site. This is not a four star hotel – 2 stars would be being generous.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends