“Value for Money - Great Location and Service!”

Novotel Beijing Peace
Ranked #63 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore
“Value for Money - Great Location and Service!”
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I stayed in Novotel with my partner for 5 days in Beijing. We managed to get a good deal online for only USD65 per night.

Location was good, just a stone throw from WangfuJing, although it is about 8mins walk to the nearest MRT station, it was ok. Room was rather small but good. Good housekeeping service and free WiFi in the room and internet at the lobby. Clean sheets and hot water!

Only grasp is the bed is hard. Don't be surprised to wake up to shoulder ache for the first 10mins in the morning. Also, breakfast is USD 17 per pax which is ridiculously expensive! But there is a nearby shopping centre which has Mac 24hrs and eatery that opens at 8am.. and at another corner, a breadshop that opens at 6am so no worries there!

Stay here if you are fine with a run in a mill hotel, with good location.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hayleyhoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver,Wa
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I was impressed the minute I walked in the lobby. We were immediately greeted by a bellhop who took our bags. My daughter and I arrived at midnight and were told that my son who had arrived at 9:00 a.m. had checked in at that time. I assumed he would have had to wait until the afternoon to get into a room. My request for an extra blanket was immediately met. The room was very clean. The concierge was always very helpful. When he made reservations for us to see an acrobatic show we arrived expecting to be shown to the cheap seats that we paid for, but we were taken the center of the front row. The free buffet breakfast was great. The only thing I disliked was the smoking in the lobby and bar. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm anywhere in China.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SuzanneVancouver_Wa
London
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I got put up here on a business trip to Beijing, I didnt have any choice of the hotel. After my business trip I spent 2 weeks travelling round China and when I returned to Beijing I chose the Emperor hotel, which is worth checking out, a little pricier, but fantastic.
I thought the hotel was fine as a business hotel, I spent a very happy week here. The location is great and when I had a little time to myself I was able to quite happily see many parts of the city on foot. The breakfast at the hotel is of a good standard and has a wonderful array of choice from Western and Eastern selections.
The rooms are typical Novotel style, if you have stayed at a Novotel or similar standard chain hotel before you will know what to expect.
The taxi hailing staff outside are fabulous, they ran around outside hailing taxis for me at all times of the day and night, in the rain, everything. Big thank-you to them.
A good pick I think if it suits your budget - enjoy Beijing!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Carrie105
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed on the Club level and the room and the service were very nice. We had a king room with a comfortable couch that was big enough for our adult son to sleep on. They did not charge for the third person. We enjoyed a view of the Forbidden City from our room. The Club level includes an elaborate breakfast buffet and happy hour with free drinks and hor d'oeuvres. The only negative was that the bed was a Chinese bed and very hard.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 August 2009

This hotel was a bad experience. I am a A club goldmember that is a card where you get some extra's. You can get a free upgrade when the hotel is no full and also you can get late check out. With the booking i asked the hotel to give me a upgrade from the superior room to the excutive room. When we checked in the staff did not know anything about the request of our upgrade. There came a lady to help and she told me that next time that i want mine upgrade i need to call the hotel. But in the reservation form of the hotel you can put a text for the hotel. She sad to me that she will give us a upgrade because the hotel was half full.
The upgrade was nothing just a bigger superiorroom and not what the website of the hotel told us a room with free internet and a apple dockingstation.

They also made a mistake with the internetconection. You can by internet for 24 hours we did that for 3 days. When we want to settle the bill they charged us 4 days of internet.
When we explained to the reception that there was a mistake the girl did not want to listen because she did not understand us. After 20 minutes complaining and explaining she charged us 3 days. But she still did not understand us.

The rooms are not very nice and very old the really need to upgrade the rooms.
The breakfast was a real party a great buffet with a lot of choice.

I will never stay again in Novotel Peace Beijing because of the service the don't give.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Moira13
england
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Amazing foyer!. Room spacious and very clean. Swimming pool on second floor very pleasant with large changing rooms and small gym. Breakfast buffet excellent choice of european and asian cuisine. Dodgy coffee machine though!
Great location for walking to Forbidden City and Tianamen Square. Wear comfortable shoes and buy some water from the shops along the way. Takes about 20 mins to get there. Lots of restaurants to choose from too. Main shopping area Wanfujing is not far from the hotel. Very pretty at night lit up. Supermarket across the road (and down a side street )from the hotel sells drinks and snacks cheaply.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Kuwait
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Overall our 5 day stay was great. The staff is friendly but service is not upto the mark. My coffee sachet in the room was not replaced after the first one. House keeping should have seen to it. I used the coffee from the kid's room.
The location of the hotel is the best. Close to shopping and restaurants. I would go back and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family