1,278 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We should have been deterred by the large rust spots all over the bottom of the pool, but the kids really wanted to swim and the posted ph and chlorine levels looked okay. The rash was the worst on the little kids and lasted several days on them -- even adults got irritated skin.
Hotel staff is brusk and unwelcoming on the whole. SPG gold status was not helpful here. This was supposed to be our last hotel after 2 weeks all around China. This was by far the worst hotel we stayed at. As an SPG property, it is lacking. We left after 2 nights and spent our remaining 2 nights at the Kerry hotel that had a good business rate with my husband's company. A few dollars more than the prices we'd booked weeks in advance on spg.com, but wow. What a difference. Kerry was awesome. This one? A bad memory. Avoid.

Room Tip: They were renovating the higher rooms 17+. Didn't see those -- HAD to be better though.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear uswesty

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Being a father myself, I am terribly sorry to hear about your childrens rashes. I do hope they settled quickly. With regards to our pool water treatment it's automaticly dosed and Ph and chlorine checked manually four times daily and logged. All done as per internal Marriott International and local Health bureau requirements. I also would like to let you know that we are in the final stages of selecting a company to renovate our pool and install a liner.
We are taking steps to impove certain areas of the hotel so I do hope that you try us out on your next visit to Beijing and notice the difference.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I've stayed at multiple Starwood family hotels in China, the United States, and Europe, and this is positively the worst property I've ever stayed in. From the outside, the hotel looks run-down, as there is rust around the top of the hotel. The rooms are decrepit and falling apart. The phones and TVs are from the early 1990s. The breakfast buffet was skimpy and was akin to what one would find in a roadside motor lodge. Despite it being late April, the air conditioning in my room would not go on. When I inquired with the front desk, I was told that the management had decided to keep the a/c off in the entire hotel until the high temperature in Beijing reached 26 Celsius (79 Fahrenheit). Of course, my room was much warmer, since the air was not circulating and stale. The front desk suggested I open my window, but why would I want to let in Beijing's polluted air into my room? The management made me feel as if there was something wrong with me by asking about this problem, which was typical of their attitude from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out (early). I won't ever be coming back, and neither should you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear scottkM2368CK

Thank you very much for sharing your stay with The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel.
I am glad to inform you that we are undergoing a refurbishment that addresses most your comments. On the exterior side we will have our top roof re-finished. And on the interior new 49" screens are beeing installed as well as all rooms renovated.
Regarding our A/C I would like to apologize to you and all other guests who has experienced the discomfort of warm rooms. We were experiencing technical difficulties when starting chillers for the season. All up and running now.

We look forward sharing our New Look with you.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I have stayed at in china. No free internet unless you book direct which you find out at front desk. Breakfast is an abomination. Ask any of the staff anything and in Chinese and they have no idea. Tvs in the room should be in an opp shop.

Dear Clayton F

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel. Free internet is one of many great benefits you get beeing a member of SPG, one of our three loyalty programs within Marriott International.
I am glad to inform you that we are presently undergoing a refurbishment including installation of 49" state of the art LED screens.

We do look forward to sharing our New Look with you soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I have stayed here numerous times over the years and the level of service was very poor. Reception staff told me that my chosen room was not available and I would have to take a different room. After 20 mins of arguing they eventually found a suitable room even thought the hotel was deserted. After that my key failed every day as if it had been cancelled daily..... Very poor and very tired hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear sg s

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.
I am truly sorry to hear that we failed to meet your service expecations. I will review our room assignment procedures. Off course we should assign you your preferred room type. I do apologize for this inconvenience. On a different note just want to mention that the hotel has been running high occupancy lately.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

At a recent stay with this hotel, my family and I were checking in to learn that the connecting room we had booked, the previous guest had smoked in there. Hence, we were not able to stay there. After many hours and looking into alternatives, it seemed there we no suitable solutions. In frustration, I hastened to vent my thoughts and after one night, the General Manager of the hotel reached out to me and apologised for how we had been treated, moreover, he suggested we moved to a better and more suitable room, to ensure we had a pleasent stay. At the same time, I believe he instructed the hotel staff to pay extra attention and our days there ended up being fantastic and we are surely coming back to stay here next time around. This was our third stay here already. Great hotel, management and customer service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear svendstenberg

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us.
Unfortunately not everyone follows the smoking ban law of Beijing.
It was my honest pleasure to be able to assist you and your family in this very unfortunate situation which I truly apologize for.
And I really wanted to make sure you all enjoyed your two last days of your stay in China.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back soon again,