1,279 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Even though it is an old hotel in comparison with other SPG members in Beijing, this Sheraton is a good one. Try the Elite Floor, which is nice; rooms are spacious and clean and you can access the lounge. Breakfast is better on the first floor restaurant as it has more food items than the lounge. Staff is friendly, especially Lucy Zheng and Howard Hou, who checked me in. The recreational area is OK in general, especially the sunbathing area. One negative thing though: the swimming pool is in a bad shape, with spots of rust, which make it a little bit unpleasant. The management should fix this problem asap. Otherwise, the whole experience is great!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear rdinbj

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing your very pleasant stay review.
Like you, I often opt for upgrading to Club or in our case Elite Floor. For the nominal surcharge you get great value, even more comfortable room with added amenities and access to the Lounge with appetizing food & beverage offerings through out the day. And we recently added a greater variety of wines and spirits to be enjoyed by our guests. Not many hotels in central Beijing has a sun deck so many guests likes to take advantage of it.
Also I like to let you in on a hidden gem, with access from our Atrium Bar you can wander out into our fantastic 15000sqm lush garden. It has stone paths with wooden benches under trees where you can enjoy the nice evenings while listning to birds chirping away. From here it's hard to belive that you are actually next to 3rd Ring Road in the center of the capital.
As I reply we're researching different techniques to rennovate the pool.
Finally I am off course very glad and proud to read your positive notes on our associates Lucy and Howard. I will personally thank them for taking great care of you.

We do hope that we will see you back at the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel soon again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We choose this hotel based on spg.com as always we use for reservations in my trips. There was no information about running renovation and picture were made from the exec floor rooms and looks cool. The rooms and also suite rooms not on exec.club lvl were not comfortable. A/C was not working at time of visit(was explain about general setup in china for this), renovation and work were heard. rooms were clean but to old and you can smell it. no LDC only CRT TV, bathroom looks like from history (Plasterboard on the ceiling bath was dirty and shower place was not OK). But Marko Ilic - front manager help us to make our stay better and his professional knowledge was very helpful and once the renovation will be done I am sure I will come to this hotel. I can recommend the hotel choose after renovation. At this moment choose another one (this one Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel) or pay more to be on top floor in club lvl. club lounge was OK can recommend this.

@Marko Ilic and his team (assist managers) were professional. for the team on reception can not say the same. The ladies were in many times not speaking english and I do not know the name of one reception employee but he took me on platinum stage and his knowledge was on very good lvl, so not all employee on the reception were the same. But mainly the direction will go to assist(duty) day manager.

I select poor quality and then I change to average because of things were running to help in our stay. But only for accommodation i will choose poor. but I need to come one more time after renovation....and then do rating again.. Hope soon.

We were traveling in group 5 people with 5 rooms

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear s_rojicek

Thank you for taking the time to share your extensive staying review.
I am glad to hear that Marko our Front Office Manager and other of our esteemed associates were able to assist and share their knowledge during your stay. Yes, like you mention we are in the midst of a refurbishment that among many other areas will cover the installation of 49" LED screens in all rooms. And I couldn't agree more, upgrade to Club Floors for a nominal fee offers great value. In addition to an upgraded room or suite you have access to the Club Lounge with all the hearty food & beverage offerings through out the day.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to experience our New Look,

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Excellent location. I have always enjoyed and felt comfortable staying at this property over the years. Have also seen the upgrading work being carried out will definitely make the property even better. Keep up.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear richardkltan

Thank you for your very positive note reflecting your stays at the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel. I guess you're right, nothing can beat the location. And I can reassure you that we are determined to improve guest service experiences even more parallel to our hotel refurbishment.

We truly look forward to welcoming you through our doors soon again,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Marked improvements noticed during my last few trips to this hotel . There is certainly an attempt to provide a new look . Front Office dealings are so much more better ; leading from the front is Mr Marco Ilic - puts one at ease with his courteous , helpful & pleasant behaviour ; he is always available to provide support . Quality of food in restaurants and 17th Floor lounge along with the service is so much more better thanks to the sincere efforts of Mr Ajit Khan ; he is frequently seen mingling with guests with great politeness , checking the counters & doing his best to provide the best hospitality : the efforts show ! Welcome notes and amenities in rooms are also being provided and this recognition also adds on to the good feeling . Quality of stays have improved and am looking forward to my next visit . Both Mr Marco & Mr Khan are assets and hope that their efforts are recognised properly .

Room Tip: All rooms are generally good
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Debasish C

What better way could this week end, than with a great review like yours!
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel. I am very glad to read that our efforts to drive guest service improvements are noticable. And it makes me extremely proud to read your positive notes on Ajit and Marko, I do my best to show them my sincere appreciation of their hard efforts.

I would be honored to meet you on your next visit to our hotel, please let me know.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We should have been deterred by the large rust spots all over the bottom of the pool, but the kids really wanted to swim and the posted ph and chlorine levels looked okay. The rash was the worst on the little kids and lasted several days on them -- even adults got irritated skin.
Hotel staff is brusk and unwelcoming on the whole. SPG gold status was not helpful here. This was supposed to be our last hotel after 2 weeks all around China. This was by far the worst hotel we stayed at. As an SPG property, it is lacking. We left after 2 nights and spent our remaining 2 nights at the Kerry hotel that had a good business rate with my husband's company. A few dollars more than the prices we'd booked weeks in advance on spg.com, but wow. What a difference. Kerry was awesome. This one? A bad memory. Avoid.

Room Tip: They were renovating the higher rooms 17+. Didn't see those -- HAD to be better though.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Anders J, General Manager at The Great Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear uswesty

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Being a father myself, I am terribly sorry to hear about your childrens rashes. I do hope they settled quickly. With regards to our pool water treatment it's automaticly dosed and Ph and chlorine checked manually four times daily and logged. All done as per internal Marriott International and local Health bureau requirements. I also would like to let you know that we are in the final stages of selecting a company to renovate our pool and install a liner.
We are taking steps to impove certain areas of the hotel so I do hope that you try us out on your next visit to Beijing and notice the difference.