“Best in Beijing”

Ranked #43 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Miami
“Best in Beijing”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights in April and loved every minute of our experience.
I was torn between the St Regis and the Peninsular and happy I choose the St Regis. The staff is unbelievably attentive, the entire property is immaculate, the food is 5 star and the breakfast buffet is the best I've eve seen anywhere in Asia. Room was spacious, quiet, and very clean and the bed was more comfortable than home. With a pillow menu to choose from a good night sleep after touring all day was easy to come by. Exercise room was enormous and had everything you could possibly think of needing. All in all one of the most enjoyable stays in any hotel in a long time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear mickester,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor website.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service and facilities.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful hotel, luxurious amenities.
Great location. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle, but, totally convenient.

Very helpful staff.

Really wish though, that concierge had better English. We had a small issue with that regard. I needed help getting money from ATM that had no English option, one of the concierge ladies whom I asked for help, misguided me and cost me a fee with my bank.

Otherwise, all was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ByAirByLandBySea
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear ByAirByLandBySea,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed at the St. Regis in Beijing. The property is beautiful. Club lounge is much smaller than Shanghai and not as conducive to working nor is the food as good. Concierge was good, but not great. I did not feel like the fellow helping me was as helpful as Stanley at The Hongta in Shanghai. Breakfast here is in their restaurant. This was delightful with a broad range of types of food. My butler was great and they give you 7 pieces of clothing for pressing vs the 4 I've gotten at most other St. Regis properties.

Dear roxanne3753,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Beijing to visit an old friend of mine. Another friend of ours was also there to visit and she was staying in the St. Regis. We went to her room to celebrate her birthday and my husband and I were extremely impressed with the accommodations. He went to the front desk to reserve a room for the rest of our stay and they recommended that we book online (we were originally staying with my friend but decided on the hotel).

We booked a junior suite online and when we returned the next day to check in, the concierge at the front desk remember my husband after only speaking with him for 5 minutes the night before. Our floor also came with a butler.

We hada nice foyer and living room with a large bedroom that had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel and an amazing bathroom. The shower was glass and the tub was big and marble with a tv that you could watch while you were relaxing. The toilet seat was also heated. We had turn down service each night with fresh cold bottled water whenever we got in from a long day. They also have amazing room service. After a few days of only eating Chinese food it was great to just have some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 2am which could normally cause issues with luggage. However the hotel let us check out and then took our baggage and kept it in a locked room for us until we were driven to the airport by the hotel car. The hotel provided a car to drive us to the airport which is amazing if you've ever had to deal with driving or public transportation in Beijing. When we got in the car there was fresh bottled water and hot towels along with mints. The driver was extremely courteous and got us to the airport on time and also helped us with our luggage.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jillian T,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the St. Regis Beijing for a night recently on a business trip. Since I was already familiar with the St. Regis family in the U.S., and as a SPG GOLD member, I wanted to give this a try (I typically stay at the RItz-Carlton in Beijing). While I did not have a bad experience per se, I was certainly disappointed and it was not quite what I was expecting, having stayed in various St. Regis hotels in the U.S.

Room: This was fine, nothing spectacular and frankly could use some touch up to the finishings. It is starting to feel a little old and not as "fresh" compare to other 5-star hotels. Room size was good and it had all the basic necessities. My biggest complaint, and probably one of my biggest pet peeve, is that for this business-heavy hotel, the wifi was absolutely horrible. I was barely able to send/receive emails so downloading any work documents of any size was basically out of the question. I find that absolutely unacceptable for a business hotel, especially in 2014 and in China where the technology infrastructure is quite well established.

Food: I had room service for dinner and breakfast and thought it was okay. Not great, but not terrible. Not as good as what I've had in room service at for example the Ritz-Carlton Beijing.

Service: Service was perhaps "good" for China standards, but certainly falls far short of expectation compared to western 5-star hotels. And that's unfortunate because it still wears the same brand name as its global sister hotels so clients come with a certain level of expectation. For example, when I called the general "service" line, probably 1 out of every 2 calls was not answered. It just rang and rang. And when someone answered, the English proficiency is quite lacking. Another example is that when I checked-in (late afternoon), there were construction guys with large wedge hammers hammering the roof of the lower building so loudly that each bang can be heard in the room in the floors above quite well. I was shocked to see this happen. These guys were speaking very loudly, yelling at each other, using lots of profanity and I was shocked that this was occurring. I called to complain and it was only after the second call that the hammering stopped.

Overall, my stay was just okay and given the number of choices available in Beijing, there may be other hotels worth trying. For me personally, the terrible internet connection and SPEED was a dealbreaker. And like many other reviewers, I checked-out of the hotel a little disappointed.

1 Thank RNG1008
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear RNG1008,

Thank you very much for taking the time and detailed opinions about your recent stay here at The St. Regis Beijing.

Our hotel prides itself on providing bespoke services, and when things do go wrong we rectify them immediately.

Please be assured that your opinions are taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that issue you mentioned doesn’t happen in the future.

We will be ensuring that your profile is updated and that your stays from now will be everything you would expect and more.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

2nd stay here in 12 months. Location is excellent for diplomatic area and a number of key business locations. The hotel offers excellent rooms and facilities. Main restaurant has high quality international buffet for lunch and dinner.
Business centre staff attentive and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Richard C,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Was expecting a little bit more but it disappointed me when we first arrived and checked in........then we got our room and it was AMAZING.

What made this place was the fact that every day we got up early and did the sightseeing thing and we would have this amazing room to go back to.

St Regis - top notch

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear TheBeigeTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor website.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our facilities.