The St. Regis Beijing
US$106
US$101
  • Breakfast included
1,107 results
All reviewsbutler servicepress club barcelestial courtgarden court restaurantspg goldembassy districtsilk marketbusiness centerwalk in closetupgraded to a suitebreakfast buffetluxurious hotelevery eveningexcellent hotelforbidden cityconcierge teammain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I had a beautiful suite at this hotel and the room was gorgeous. This was after the entire remodeling form several months ago. The staff was attentive and courteous... ever helpful. the food and room service were impeccable. the hotel was a welcome oasis in Beijing after a long day out in the city and a day hiking the great wall. I would gladly recommend this to others and look forward to the day I can stay there again. Health club and spa was amazing. Wifi is a bit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
OnlineDistribution, General Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2009

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing. It’s a great honor that you are satisfied with renovation completed last year. Yes, most of the world travelers describe The St. Regis Beijing as an oasis in the center of Beijing, which will gives you a peaceful and quite environment.

It is also appreciated that you recommend our St. Regis spa, which is the first hotel spa in city center featuring artesian waters.
In regards to you concern about the Wifi, I appreciate your comment and would like to inform you that a special promotion is available online, which will include in-room internet access and other benefits.

We are here looking forward to welcoming you back and once again thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor.com

Reviewed 1 June 2009

My brother and I were here for a business conference and leisure stay combined. We arrived a few days prior to the rest of the group to acclimate from the jet lag and to get at least a day of adventure on our own. Since the group trip was staying at this resort, we figured we'd stay here, but not after researching some other hotels online. We ended up in a smaller room for the first two nights, but it was hardly a disappointment. Upon arriving we were greeted with all smiles and I received two dozen roses! Beijing is known for their roses apparently... we were escorted by two butlers to our room. The room was not extremely large but did not feel crowded by any means. There were two small beds, but everything was quite luxurious. The first day we slept to catch up on the time and then ventured out the next day. Everything seemed only a quick cab ride or walk away - cabs were inexpensive and the hotel staff was quite helpful to write down the destination on our hotel cards so the drivers knew where to take us. When we finally moved rooms for the group portion of the trip, we were blown away! It was a two bedroom suite with large entryway and grandiose master bath with walkin closet. Everything was absolute perfection! Service was bar none. Food was wonderful with so many options - but we mostly were doing buffett style with the large group. Gym and fitness area were a huge plus as I am a triathlete and was training for a Half-Ironman and needed to keep up my workout regimine. The pool was large and had the lane lines available, and there were actually spinning bikes as well as most other equipment you find in many gyms (which I find doesn't usually happen at a "hotel gym"). They also had an 8 lane bowling alley that ran to 11 pm with pool table to boot! So it was great for some "in-house" entertainment after dinner.

Again, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel and it's curteous staff. I would highly recommend this resort - family, business travel, personal/leisure. They have something for everyone and are eager to please. :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank kristibell3

Dear Ms. Bell,

Thank you for sharing your extraordinary experience on Tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to learn that you had an exceptional stay with us during your conference attendance.

Everything we are doing is to try leaving to leave you with an indelible memory of stay, from your butler, conference specialist, to all of us around you.

The St. Regis Beijing is here awaiting your return visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the St. Regis in Beijing last month and we loved every thing about the hotel. The location is perfect, the staff can't be beat, and the rooms are awesome.

When we checked in, I showed them my Starwood member card and the concierge gave me a card showing "extras" like complimentary Evian and free pressings for members. There's a butler on every floor that looks after all your needs. We were constantly going to the concierge desk with "tourist" questions and every suggestion they made was perfect. They pretty much planned out the details of our Great Wall excursion. This St. Regis probably has the best concierge staff of any hotel I have ever stayed in, just can't say enough about them.

The front lobby is extremely impressive and has a nice bar and lounge area. Our room was on the 12th floor facing East towards the financial district. It was the biggest room we had on our entire trip with a walk-in closet and really nice bathroom. There's actually a TV screen in one of the bathroom mirrors so you can watch from the bath tub! Very impressive. I don't normally notice or care about decorations in hotel rooms, but our room had many nice furnishings and pictures on the wall.

The business center & staff were really helpful and the gym was enormous. We did not eat at any of the hotel's restaurants, but we did take advantage of their "picnic lunch" option for our day at the great wall and the food was excellent. The next time I am in Beijing I will definitely stay at the St. Regis again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morgan S

Dear Mr. Smyth,

Thank you very much for staying in The St. Regis Beijing and thank you for your favorable comments about the $28 million renovation we recently completed last year.

The St. Regis Beijing is doing the best to provide bespoke, seductive and uncompromising service to you, from reception, concierge, butler, business center, swimming pool attendant to all the back-office staff.

Next time, I hope we can welcome you in one of our award-winning restaurants offering you an elegant dining experience. We are all here to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2009

My husband and I just got back from staying 6 nights at the St. Regis Beijing and we couldn't have been happier with our accomidations. It was a business trip so we didn't pick the hotel, but I have to say it's the best one we've been put in by my husband's company. It's right across from the embassy and there are guards everywhere, you really feel safe in that location, even walking at night there.

When we arrived after our 13 hour flight I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of orange tulips. Once in the room we decided the hotel was better then we first thought upon arrival. You enter a marble foyer with a large bathroom off of it. The rooms are spacious with an actual walk in closet. There is plenty of storage in there. The bed was extra comfy to us. In the bathroom there is seperate marble shower and deep tub, 2 sinks and mirrors, and within one of the mirrors is a tv.

The service was impecable. Not only do you have butler on each floor but the rest of the staff was so friendly and helpful. They seemed to go out of their way for you and definitely didn't expect anything in return since tipping isn't customary in Beijing.

I didn't used the gym and pool but I did take a peek. It looked really nice. My husband on the other hand raved about it since he used both every day we were there. There is also a bowling alley that is a lot of fun to use while there. For some reason bowling in another country is more fun.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's close to shopping, Starbucks is across the street, and next door is this great eatery called GL (I'm talking excellent Chinese food for cheap). Although most sites you may want to visit aren't walking distance they aren't far, it seems Beijing isn't really a walking city.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Outstanding experience. I booked a executive deluxe room through Expedia and was quite delighted with the hotel. The room was probably the best I have stayed in, excelent, very good taste in the refurbishment and I liked the lighting and TV sets, plus the very well furbished bathroom. The gym and pool were very good, good ambiance and water temperature. I liked the detail of a drying machine at the changing room.
Location was quiet, we used a lot the subway to visit the forbidden city, the heaven temple and other places. Definitely to recommend

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple