“Excellent stay...fabulous hotel!”

Ranked #32 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
San Ramon, CA
“Excellent stay...fabulous hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

I booked 6 nights using 12,000 Starpoints per night. This was my first stay at St Regis property and the service was excellent. As a Platinum member, I was able to get an upgrade to a Statesman one bedroom suite...sweet! Other amenities for Platinum is two bottles Evian water (other bottled water is free), seven pieces pressing, free local calls, one hour internet in business center, free in room internet and late check out.

The hotel is located in the embassy area and near the main road in Beijing and I love all the tree lined streets. Surrounding the property is 7-11, Starbucks, TGIF, Haagen Daz, Friendship Store and many other shops and restaurants. The subway station is 10 min walk. I suggest you request a room facing the embassies for the best view.

The bell service is great, they will wait while you check in and then escort you to your room. My room had beautiful star lily flowers and fruit bowl upon my arrival. The newly renovated room had very nice decor and furnishings. They brought up a dessert plate for me to enjoy!

24 hour butler service will assist you with your every need and bring you coffee and tea. If you wish, the butler will unpack and pack your bags, pick up laundry. Daily newspaper awaits you every morning.

The suite has a mini bar (which I requested they empty, so I could use it for my own snacks and drinks), hot pot for heating water for coffee or tea, living room with flat panel tv, desk with nice pens and office supplies, fax machine, lounge seating. The suite has separate temperature control for each room.

The bedroom has good lighting, flat panel tv with DVD player, vanity, walk in closet with in room safe. Loved the comfortable bed with nice linens. I think they change all the linens and towels every day, unlike other places that only change on request to conserve on natural resources (which I support).

The bathroom has tv in the mirror, separate shower and tub, scale and luxurious Remede toiletries. Also handy was the electrical adapter, robe and slippers. Other supplies in the bathroom were dental kit, sewing kit, shaving kit, cotton swabs and pads, shower cap and emery board! The toilet has a full range of controls, but I didn't venture to try!

After a full day of sightseeing, I loved heading to the indoor pool and whirlpool to relax. It is located in the adjacent building (next to the fitness center and above the spa) and very popular. Towel service and bottled water is provided . Also, a shallow kids pool and showers.

The business center has computers for use and was never crowded. The posted rate is 30 RMB for 15 minutes of use, but not sure how much they stick to this! The spa prices for Deep Tissue 60 min massage was 600 RMB (less than $100) or 6750 Starpoints.

My room included free breakfast buffet in the newly renovated Garden Court restaurant. The food was outstanding and they provide a wide variety including western breakfast with made to order eggs, fresh fruit and juices, pastries galore, cereal, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, toast, salad, cheese, salami and smoked salmon. Also, Asian cuisine, including dumplings, sushi, made to order noodle bowl and my favorite was the vegetable bao. The hours are 6 - 10 am.

The Skyline Lounge on the 18th floor was being used by a group during my stay, but is normally available from 1-9:30 pm for guests to enjoy a drink. Between 5:30 - 7 pm, there is Happy Hour with wonderful hor d'oeuvres, snacks and desserts.

Other restaurants onsite include Celestial Court (Cantonese), Garden Lounge in the lobby for afternoon tea and evening drinks, Astor Grill (steaks), Danieli's (Italian), Shunsai ( Japanese) and Press Club Bar. There is also a Tea House.

I had a great trip and recommend my guide, Lily Fuwa ( can give you her contact info). She's fluent in English, reliable, friendly and very knowledgeable. I also liked Beijing tours, they arranged private airport transfer and 2 days of group sightseeing for a very reasonable price.

The hotel general manager, Mr. Strayer, was exceptional and you will probably meet him during your stay. He is constantly checking to make sure everything is perfect and the guests are happy. If I go back to Beijing, I will definitely return to St Regis Beijing, for an excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank SusieJue
OnlineDistribution, General Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, 15 June 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your very detailed description of our Statesman Suites and its amenities, the recreational facilities, our restaurants and our location. We apologize for the closure of Skyline Lounge during your stay. Mr. Stray and the whole team are looking forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home during your next stay in Beijing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

I stayed in St. Regis in late May. The hotel was running quite busy like a supermarket, crowds of people talking, walking in the lobby. (Indeed my company had chosen a bad time for my biz trip) The front desk could hardly find my reservation until I spelt my name several times. ( I don't think I had that strong accent)
My room was OK, simply comfortable like a 5* hotel. But the carpet in the corridor looked dark and dirty. And the mirror in the elevator looks strange. (Though I learnt hotel received renovation not too long ago)
Always remember ur butler is shared with the other guests on the whole floor, instead of urself exclusively, especially in the evening, u will find it even harder to have someone help you. The most possible answer u would like get is a polite "let me check" (Probably I was answered by a new comer)
The swimming pool was perfect, nice, clean and available at all time. But it's worrisome and I don't quite understand why it was located in another building and I had to walk a station away to have a swim.
But there are also something nice to highlight. The doorman outsides was perfectly helpful, it was a senior guy, full of smiles though can not speak good English (But I can speak Chinese). The waitress in the lobby bar was also charming and helpful at all time, I was very impressed.
I've stayed lots of hotels in BJ, compared to Raffles, Park Hyatt, Hilton downtown, there are still a long long way for St. Regis to imporve. But honestly, I can't afford too much instruction to hotel. My purpose of coming to BJ is not for teaching hotels, but I have more business to do!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Flyer0435
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We would like to apologize for the described delayed Check-in Process. We have already initiated a training sequence to improve our service at the Front Desk. The layout of our hotel resembles a U-shape of two wings with our famous St. Regis Garden at the center of it. The two main buildings are connected with a short corridor offering more space to our extensive recreational facilities (24 hours Health Club and 25m Lap Pool, the St. Regis Spa including Hot Spring Water Plunge Pools, 2 Squash Courts and an 8-Lane Bowling Alley) in our Club Wing. We appreciate your comments on the design of our corridor carpets which were introduced during our full renovation in 2008. The material chosen has a shimmer consisting of shades of grey, which at times might appear darker than intended. Our team of St. Regis Butlers – whose services are available to all of our rooms and suites – provides uncompromising service to our guests in the most bespoke way. The butlers look after one floor per team during 24 hours. We will pass your praise on to Mr. Li, our most senior colleague at the hotel entrance and also to our colleagues of the Garden Lounge. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to a return visit in the near future.
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

Never seen any more friendly and helpful staff than what we experienced at the St. Regis Beijing. They helped making our stay to not be forgotten in a long time. Thank you St. Regis Beijing!

Room (Statement Suite) was just as expected - perfect!

Swimming pool was nice and big enough, kid pools are available too. I can't speak for myself but my wife claims the spa section (choosed a St. Regis spa package) was better execelent.

Location - not far to a subway line 1 station.

Only 1 issue to mention - as a hotel platimum member I would like to have seen a room upgrade.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swoopdk
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your comments on our suites, health club facilities and location. We apologize for the mentioned missing upgrade, but during times of peak periods we might not have the required category available. We promise to correct this during your next visit.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

Don't wait any special charm of the country in this hotel, don't wait the modernism of the designer but this hotel is certainly extremely comfortable. The suites are great, large. The staff is helpful. The deco is nice however the lack of the local tendance to go to "miami design and more" is missing. You are not really far from the subway, easy to use in Beijing. Certainly a good deal

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HDLBruxelles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your comments on the contemporary design and style of the hotel which was introduced during our full renovation in 2008. We are located within less than 10 minutes walking distance from the next subway station which connects you easily to the extensive city network. The Forbidden City for example is only three stops away. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

The St. Regis Beijing is the most beautiful hotel in which I have had the chance to stay. The service was exceptional. We arrived and were greeted by a bell man to assist with our luggage. The check in was quick, friendly and efficient. When the elevator opened onto our floor, we were greeted immediately by our butler who called us by name and said he would be helping show us our room. He took us to our room and showed us all of the features in it. He said that pressing was available for free for five pieces during our stay. More pieces would have a minimal charge.

We stayed in a Statesman Suite which was simply beautiful and very spacious. It had more features than I could even begin to list. There were two large flat screen TVs, a very large desk, a sofa and chair, a beautiful marble floor foyer with lots of storage space, a walk in closet, a toilet with a heated seat and the most buttons ever on a toilet, tv in the mirror of the bathroom. I could go on and on.

Any request of the butler service was met with exceptional service. Wake up calls were the BEST! When you request the wake up call, they ask if you would like coffee or tea with your wake up call. We thought that was an extra charge at first, but then found out it was included in the room. We would request tea at night. We would have the wake up call and then two minutes later our doorbell would ring. The butler would have tea on a silver tray with china cups. The butler would serve us the tea at our coffee table and then leave. This alone made for wonderful starts to our mornings!

Also, one morning I requested that the butlers bring some laundry to be done for me. After the butler left, I realized I had left a substantial amount of money in one the pant pockets. I called to tell them that I thought I had left money in my pocket. They said they would search immediately. I thought there was no way I would see the money again. That evening when I returned every single dollar was sitting on my desk.

The breakfast buffet is the nicest one I have eaten at in my whole life. Again, superior service and excellent food.

The pool and spa areas are also top notch!

I highly recommend this hotel for its incredible service and beautiful decor. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Wendy E
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your detailed description of the facilities in our Statesman Suites and our signature service – the St. Regis Butler – whose service is available to all of our rooms and suites. The St. Regis Butler provides uncompromising service to our guests in the most bespoke way and is essential to provide assistance during difficult situations as described by you above. We sincerely look forward to your next stay in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

Great location, and most staff had a good command of english. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Worldtraveller1936
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We will further train our colleagues in the command of the English language during our continuous strive for perfection. We look forward to your next visit.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

During my business trips to Beijing, I make it a priority to always stay at the St. Regis.
The property is beautiful and quiet. The service is impecable and the food is excellent.
At times, working in Beijing can be exhausting. The pool, gym and spa keep me functioning.

The hotel is very reasonably priced for the beautiful envinronment and great service.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Curt1007
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Beijing and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are happy to meet your expectations and will pass your praise on to all departments concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.