“Beijing Classic”

Ranked #18 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Vancouver, Canada
“Beijing Classic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have been staying here for more than 10 years. One of the best Beijing hotels. Looks old and dated on the outside but makes you forget all that once you step inside. Great rooms, impeccable service, and all good restaurants. Can be pricey but makes you feel good about spending that money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear F C,thank you for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at China World Hotel.We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were a few days in Beijing and the hotel was really great to come back to for a rest. The facilities are great, the staff is very professional and courteous. There are ample amount of shops and attractions just next to the hotel in the same complex that you can easily spend a day or two only there not going out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Naeem S,thank you for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.We are well located in the CBD,close to Shopping and transportation.We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager.
Bellaire, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here last week for work. The hotel is beautifully furnished with feng shui in mind. The rooms were very comfortable, but I felt like the service could have used a more personal touch. I stay in hotels frequently, and am used to hotel staff greeting you and making eye contact and smiling. I rarely found this at China World Hotel. At breakfast, 3 out of the 4 days I had to get up and find someone to ask for a cup of coffee. In my experience, that is unusual for 5 star hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear anmol312, thank you for your feedback, we are delighted to hear you found our rooms and facilities comfortable, your points on the breakfast and service were noted. I will look into these issues – it is always helpful to get this type of feedback. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel as part of my business trip. Didn't really put this hotel as my first choice, but I glad I did choose this hotel.

First, the hotel is not the most expensive hotel listed, but the service was just perfect. Note - I'm not an executive class worker.

I arrived at the hotel pretty late, I stated my preference as King Sized Bed. however, when I arrive they mentioned there was no available room for King Sized Bed available, thus they compensate me with free breakfast for each day of my stay, and also they upgraded my room (I think they mentioned it) - I didn't really bother initially, but then I realized I my room is on the highest floor.

Once I went in to my room, I can straight away tell the room quality is above standard, I got two queen sized bed, which perfectly fine for me. the room itself very spacious.

Toilet is one thing that impressed me very much, the amenities are came from good brand. Everything available without request.

I will share the picture later so that I don't need to type too much, but the pictures will tell how good the room is.

For breakfast, I would suggest to go to the first floor, which is has more varieties of food. Good breakfast.

Will use this hotel again on next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear kebosatu, thank you for your review and for offering to share the pictures. We are delighted to hear you found our rooms and facilities comfortable and enjoyed breakfast in Scene a Cafe. The Scene a Cafe breakfast always enjoyed by our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manage
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived at World China Hotel tired from our travel and we were greeted by friendly hotel employees, the check in process was a breeze and our luggage was whisked up to our room. The hotel is beautifully decorated Ina traditional Asian style. It is located next door to a very high end shopping center and within a half mile is the Silk Market where you can shop for all the knock offs. If I ever find myself in Beijing again I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: There was construction going on in front of the hotel, ask for one on the backside of hotel if that...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear DeniseMc5, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team and in particular the Front office. Yes, we have a great location - transport, shopping and all right in the CBD. The demolition works will completed soon. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I must admit I rarely use the excellent rating, but this hotel really deserves it. I've stayed at a couple of other higher end hotels in Beijing, but this one really seems to be a notch above.

One part is I guess the mix of oriental design that is done in a very tasteful manner, so that you get a sense that you are actually in China and not anywhere else, unlike many of the other international hotels in this town.

The service level is also really excellent.

The hotel and room is as central as it gets, yet is fully isolated from the noise and hustle outside. There is currently some construction work ongoing at the site, but the noise is really only an issue in parts of the Mall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear egilk, thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed China World Hotel. The design and ambiance of the hotel is certainly a highlight. The demolish works are almost over; So minimal interruption .Our location is convenient to all major attractions and the CBD. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

China World Hotel is such a fantastic place that I feel I have to stay at this hotel everytime I go to Beijing (I do have many options - even though the places I have to be in Beijing may be a bit far from China World). The traffic surronding the hotel may be uneasy but that is compensented by the great people and service received from the hotel. As always, the staffs at Horizon club are simply the best.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear JRao2013, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team and in particular the Horizon Club service. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager