“impressive experiences with he China world hotel”

Shangri-La's China World Hotel
Ranked #18 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Hong Kong, China
“impressive experiences with he China world hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was invited to participate the color run event in Beijing station as a membership of their fitness center. the whole event was well organized by the manager of the fitness center, Johnny Zhang. a nice breakfast box is also prepared well before we departing the hotel with the limo. it indeed brought myself and others a lot of fun. we enjoyed this annual event so much.

• Stayed June 2014
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Busyman129, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the color run activating; being splashed with coloured powder was heaps of fun. It was a pleasure to meet you on the run, and I will pass your thanks to Johnny – he has more activities planned. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and I look forward to seeing you again at the Fitness Center. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am not generally a fan of big hotels, let alone big hotels connected to basement malls. But the service is impeccable, the rooms are clean and bright and well appointed, and the tea service in the main entry lounge features some of the best loose leaf tea I have had anywhere, anytime, served with warming element to keep the experience going through multiple steepings.

It didn't hurt that when I stayed an extra day beyond the original reservation, they had no room, so they put me up in a suite that had not been taken which was basically the most luxurious room I have been in over the course of hundreds of nights in hotels. They charged the same rate as every other night. Courteous -- absolutely.

And yes, it is also located in the center of business Beijing.

Room Tip: As near as I can tell, all of them are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Gabriel_Winter, thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you have nice memories of your time with us, and enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team especially the suite. And thank you for highlighting the high tea in our Lobby Lounge, it’s a great way to spend the afternoon and enjoyed by many of our regular guests and visitors to Beijing. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a great 2 night stay at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location was great. Close to the Metro, Silk Martket, Tianmen Square, the forbidden city and the highways. We will definitely come back.
The management and employees in the Lounge Bar were great and always availble for any request.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lisas1234567890, thank you for your review.We are delighted to hear you found our rooms and facilities comfortable and enjoyed the service from our team and in particular the Horizon Lounge. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Beijing, China, Asia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As per hotel records this is my 8th stay here,though I believe I have stayed more than 10 times. The very fact that I keep coming back to this hotel speaks about the hotel. Everything is excellent- location, rooms, food, and above all the courtesy of the staff. A word of special appreciation for Nellie Wong who took care of everything on my last two visits! Keep up the good work!
If the WiFi is improved, it would be great.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Pushpinderbi, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team. I will let Nellie know, she will be delighted. Thank you for highlighting the WIFI, speeds should be consistent. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Our records will be changed to reflect 10 stays.Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager .
Dongguan, China
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Besides to lay on the most convenient business area in Beijing, it is probably the most beautiful hotel I've been living.
Adorable chinese core decoration, nice attention to guests and perfect service. All at a cost, but for me, worth every penny.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Ivan S,thank you for your review.We glad you enjoyed China World Hotel. And thank you for highlighting our service. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. It is conveniently located next to (and on top of) a shopping mall. The breakfast was busy but good. The room was very clean and well maintained. Ambient noise from the hall and adjacent rooms was minimal (important to me for good sleep). The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The room service food was good. I did not have time to take advantage of the restaurant for lunch/dinner or the workout room. The hotel is awash in 'obvious' security - cameras and people - due I think to the large number of dignitaries and such who stay here.

This hotel would have great views of the city, I'm sure, but pollution was pretty bad when I was there so it was difficult to see well.

In comparison to the other hotel I stayed at in the PRC (in Shanghai), this hotel had slower Internet and fewer TV channels with any English (subtitles or English audio). I did not receive a paper in the morning at this hotel either. I'm not sure if that's the difference between Beijing and Shanghai or just between the hotels, but it's my only frame of reference.

This hotel is more than adequate and you will be safe, clean and comfortable here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Todd R, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you found our rooms and facilities comfortable, and enjoyed the service from our team. And thank you for highlighting the food quality of breakfast and Room service. Sorry about the newspaper and we will look at the internet speed. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of this hotel is the selling point. Aside from that, you would get whatever you expect from a 5 star hotel...comfortable and spacious accommodation, good sleep quality, good international breakfast selection. The service could have been friendlier though especially at the check in.

I found the room to be the best part - very comfortable and had everything that you would possibly want for a comfortable business trip. Newspapers were however not offered on a daily basis and you have to keep calling up each day to receive your daily copy. I checked out early due to an early flight and the hotel was kind enough to oblige with a packed breakfast box in lieu of breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear odette_my, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team and in particular the Front office. Yes, we have a great location - transport, shopping and all right in the CBD. Sorry about the newspaper service, I will look into that. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager