“Good Business hotel”

Shangri-La's China World Hotel
Ranked #19 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stay at this hotel 2 times a year typically for 3 nights, with the last stay in May 2010. It is consistently a good hotel with nice, spacious rooms.
The location is very good and the Chinese and Japanese restauarants are wonderful.
Usually for our meeting we are always in the lobby area thoughout the enitre day - so my only complaint is that the lobby is a smoking area and gets incredibly smokey during the afternoons it is a little busier - wish it was smoke free. May try the Hyatt next door if this doesn't change.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La's China World Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed at the China World hotel for one night on my way out of China (stopover in Beijing to catch my flight home). I actually booked here by mistake - I thought I was booking the Kerry Centre Shangri-La, where I visited the bar about a week earlier with some friends - but I enjoyed the stay nonetheless. The rooms are well-appointed and quiet, the mini-bar wasn't too over-priced (40 RMB for a beer isn't horrible), and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

I'm not sure if I'd stay here again on a leisure trip, but it is very convenient to the subway to/from the airport so for my purpose it was perfect. There is a mall beneath the hotel which has entrances to two subway lines, and the line which runs to the airport express train is just a short walk outside from the front of the hotel.

They also have free wireless, which is a plus for me.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank pw_sf
StephenZhong, Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Dear Guest

Greeting’s from China World Hotel, Beijing.

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor on 17th May 2010, in regards to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know that you had a good stay with us, that our location offered you convenient access to the subway station, and transfers to and from the airport. We are equally pleased to learn that you found your room to be well-appointed and serene, and that our breakfast was to your satisfaction.

Your feedback really is one of the best ways we have to reward and motivate our staff to achieve the highest possible standards. We take great pride in trying to welcome and take care of our guests and genuinely make them feel at home during their stay, and I am thrilled that we succeeded in helping you have an enjoyable experience.

Thank you once again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to China World Hotel, Beijing in the near future. Please do contact us if we can be of any further assistance whatsoever,

Best regards,

Stephen Zhong
Director of Rooms
China World Hotel, Beijng

Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and it was a great experience. Although the carpet had some stains, all in all the room was very good. The lighting was great and the bed was very comfortable. The turn down service was phenomenal as was the service. Everything you requested happened in a split second. The location was great for the metro and the restaurant was perfection. The mall and the ice rink below it was wild! There was no view to speak of but that was ok by the time we hit beijing. I'm not sure there would have been a view of note in any room. We recommend this hotel highly and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenZhong, Director of Rooms at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Dear Madam

Greeting’s from China World Hotel, Beijing.

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor on 17th April 2010, in regards to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our service(s) “phenomenal”. We are also happy to know that our culinary offerings and CBD centered location met with your approval.

Your feedback really is one of the best ways we have to reward and motivate our staff to achieve the highest possible standards. We take great pride in trying to welcome and take care of our guests and genuinely make them feel at home during their stay, and we are thrilled that we succeeded in helping you have an enjoyable experience.

Thank you once again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to China World Hotel, Beijing in the near future, and do please contact us if we can be of any further assistance whatsoever,

Best regards,
Stephen Zhong
Director of Rooms
China World Hotel, Beijng

Reviewed 30 March 2010

I stayed here for leisure, but it is clearly a business oriented hotel. Rooms are great and it is located on top of a mall. First class amenities in the rooms and a large bathroom. No views to the hotel as it is just in a business district. The food we had was outstanding. The staff were helpful and courteous. As expected, communication was at times difficult, but that was ok. I don't speak chinese and I don't expect everyone to speak perfect english everywhere in the world.

Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Located at the CBD, close to everything, attached to (an overpriced) mall.

Plus point: BREAKFAST is wonderful, I honestly feel that this it has the most extensive breakfast buffet selection (ranging from breads, egg bar, sushi, dim sum... you name it) room is business-oriented, nice working area, flat tv, comfy bed and a lounging area. Love the bathroom, spacious and has a really nice shower. The pick up service at the airport makes you feel like royalty, truly 5 star!

Minus point: It's a great business hotel, but not for a holiday, the rooms are very stiff and structured.

Tips: If you're a solo traveller and first timer in Beijing, check out their Discovery sightseeing tour (they have a table at the lobby area) I had the best experience with them.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2009

It's a beautiful place, right on the top of a mall. I think it's be best breakfast I ever tried because of its variety. I had "a la carte" dinner in the same restaurant and the food was great too. Poeple are helpfull at the front desk and they opened the hotel shop (before opening time) just for me to have batteries for my camera. Room is not big, just OK as the bathroom. Nice amenities are offered. Cable connection avaiable on the desk. Laundry service was perfect and on time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2009

The China World Hotel is a beautiful hotel with world class service. Located above the Trade Center complex there are many very high end shops and stores all within a 2 min walk from the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and classy. If you are going to come to Beijing and want to make an impression on clients or customers, this would be the place to stay. If you are new to China the staff there can be very accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business