The Kerry was suggested by our local office, as it is in close proximity to the highest building in Beijing, the World Summit Tower, where my company's office is located. It is a bit cheaper than the hotel in the World Summit Tower, but the price was still high compared to some other hotels available in Beijing. From a price value perspective, this is an excellent choice though.
The check-in was very efficient and friendly. The rooms are spacious, impeccably clean and have a modern design. Everything is very functional and there are plenty of amenities. There is an iPod/iPhone (older plug though) music docking station, high tech toilet seat for perfect hygene, in-mirror TV in the bathroom, Nespresso coffee maker, water heater, bathroom amenities from l'Occitane, well working wifi and minbar (including beer, but no wine or high percentage alcoholics) included in the room price, anti-allergic pillow, office amenities (ruler, pens, shapener, ethernet cable, etc.) and a panel with various plug-in capabilities (USB charger, video connection, etc.). The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. There is really not a lot more that can be desired.
The gym is also perfect, modern and free of charge: Very spacious with tread mills and other cardio equipment, as well as a good selection of weight machines. I did not use the pool, but it is available and looked very nice. Lockers, towels and water are provided.
In respect to food, I used Kerry's Kitchen for dinner and breakfast. The dinner selection is Asian-Fusion cuisine. The food was very good and the service very attentive. The breakfast buffet had a large selection of Asian and international items of highest quality and the service was great as well.
The check-out process was also very friendly, uncomplicated and quick. My stay could not have been better and I was very impressed by the Kerry. I definitely recommend this hotel when going to Beijing and are willing to spend some money on your accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Beijing's Central Business District and just 40 minutes from the international airport, Kerry Hotel, Beijing's preferential location is enhanced by its proximity to major cultural, shopping and entertainment sites such as Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Heavenly Temple, Pearl Market, Silk Market, and Sanlitun Village. From the guestrooms, guests are able to enjoy the commanding views of the iconic CCTV tower. The hotels stylish interior is matched by modern day comforts such as complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the hotel including all 485 guestrooms and public areas. Paperless check-in and check-out, complimentary mini bar and 24-hour gym are the hotel's special features. Offering discerning travellers a line-up of enhanced hardware and amenities, The Club rooms and suites will indulge guests with a sense of privilege and sanctuary. Wine and dine facilities are presented through five establishments. Kerry's Kitchen delivers authentic, well-cooked Asian and International cuisine using the finest quality ingredients, while Kerry's Pantry is perfect for grabbing a quick bite. At Horizon Chinese Restaurant, indulge in the finest quality farmed duck, hung-grilled and roasted over jujube wood to produce a thick, crispy melt-in-your-mouth experience. Along with the restaurant's signature dishes, guests will find a menu full of Cantonese specialties and a special menu solely devoted to dim sum. A 24-hour award-winning bar and lounge, Centro features live music, real cocktails and great fun in a seductive atmosphere. Vinotheque presents a unique and diverse list of wines including well-established chateaux, boutique producers, and exclusive and exceptional wines by the glass from the Enomatic wine dispenser. Spreading 7,000sqm, the hotel's fitness centre, Kerry Sports, features a 24-hour gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, multi-purpose court and a recreation room, plus an outdoor jogging track. Adventure Zone is Beijing's ultimate kid powered space that is designed to be an indoor retreat where kids rule the space. Patrons will find one-of-a-kind attractions such as drop slides and themed party rooms. Located within Kerry Sports, Adventure Zone is an exciting and unique family entertainment venue in the heart of the CBD and is professionally managed with friendly services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kerry Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Hotel
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Beijing