“Rebranded but still a great place to stay”

Kerry Hotel Beijing
Ranked #4 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Rebranded but still a great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this property dozens of time from 2002 to 2010 when it was the Kerry Center Shangri-La. I recently had a business trip to Beijing and noted when I requested a reservation that the property was now marketed by Shangri-La under the Kerry brand. My lone experience with the brand in Shanghai last year was positive so I booked the hotel. I could not have been more pleased. I liked the décor and ambience when it was a Shangri-La but must say they renovation to the Kerry look was a an upgrade.

I booked a club room and arrived very early (10am) off a flight from Germany. I went to the club floor to check-in was offered a beverage and allowed to check-in with no extra charge early.
The room was nicely appointed and I used the complimentary pressing service of a suit on arrival.

The gym is the same very nice and extensive Kerry Sports Club - plenty of equipment for all types of workouts.

The happy hour at on the club floor was just as I remembered with an extensive amount of food and drink. So much in fact, I didn't need to have dinner later and instead went for a long walk in the nearby embassy area to try to shake off jet lag.

After a good night sleep, I used the gym again, had a complete breakfast on the club floor and started my day.

In summary, the rooms are great, staff is welcoming and goes the extra mile. The club floor is a good value. No issues with any part of this stay. I requested and was given a 4PM check-out.

I have nothing but good things to say about this property.

Room Tip: Beijing like the rest of China has gotten expensive in the past few years. This hotel is not inexpen...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madeira
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My company chose that hotel for me in Beijing! and I must say I was pleased with accommodation and service was OK.
Rooms are well appointed and housekeeping is perfect. Buffet breakfast is amazing, not to be missed. It provides a wide selection of continental and Asian food. Your preferred beverage served in less than a minute!
The bar in the lobby provided quality entertainment (live band in the evening).
Do not forget your sneakers and your swim suits as the fitness center is simply e x t r a o r d i n a r y.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JC64Madeira
Soo Theng T, Director of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear JC64Madeira,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad that you have enjoyed the accommodation, F&B experience, especially Kerry Sports in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Beijing!

Warm Regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is my second stay here and the newly renovated hotel clearly lives up to the Shangri-La reputation. The service is very inconsistent though from lovely and attentive to downright rude. I returned to my room just after 11 p.m. and my key didn't work. I went to the Front Desk for a fix and was told I was locked out because I am overstaying my original booking and the manager had given me a call. When I indicated that must be a mistake as I had been in room a few hours earlier and had not received a call, one member of staff glared and turned away and another staff indicated once again I was overstaying one night though they could accommodate me.

I just checked my booking and the hotel has made a mistake. This stuff happens though the staff didn't need to be so rude about it. For a five star hotel, the service I just received is no acceptable.

Again - overall the hotel is good, service could much more consistent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear ChiaSeattle,

Thank you for your review of Kerry Hotel, Beijing. We are glad that you came back for a return stay and liked the newly renovated hotel. However, we are disappointed to hear of your Front Office experience. We would like to have more details pertaining to your incident. Please kindly contact me via sootheng.tan@thekerryhotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel went beyond my expectations and became the refuge from the smog and crowded city outside the doors of this amazing hotel. It is centrally located to various significant touring locations, but within it's own compound there are some very nice high end retail and fabulous eateries.

The hotel is beautifully decorated in a tasteful contemporary fashion yet it is comfortable and relaxing. Excellent staff, but the food served in their own restaurant is some of the best in all our travels throughout China. The morning and afternoon buffet spreads were without compromise and the food was "haute" great fusion of east and west.

The bed was so comfy and extra, extra large, (my husband and I weren't even in the same zip code!) Seriously, very well appointed with a high tech center for all your technology needs. (and beyond) Beautiful, beautiful rooms but the topic of conversation is the bathroom. Japanese style tubs (deep and for serious soaking) rejuvenating shower and Toto toilets. It doesn't get better than this especially after a day in the very hectic city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Soo Theng T, Director of Sales & Marketing at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear CierraBrooklyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were especially pleased with our restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you all back on your next trip.

Regards,
Oklahoma City, Ok
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The recently renovated Kerry Hotel offers the very best of room amenities. All aspects of our stay was made more pleasurable by their excellent service. Concierge care was perfect.Day private tours arranged by the hotel were wonderful. The bathroom was the most up to date and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GoAndDo,

Your positive review on our facilities and service is much appreciated! We are glad that you enjoyed the city tour which was arranged by our Concierge. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Beijing!

Cheers!

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff is wonderful, facility is beautiful and CLEAN, food is amazing, concierge and transportation flawless. I can't say enough good about this hotel, they have found so many wonderful people who are truly eager to help you. So often in hotels you can feel disdain from the workers, but not here. This hotel is full of people who truly enjoy offering wonderful service.
The beds are perfect, pillows very high quality, the shower and toilet (They have those amazing Toto electronic toilets), the towels are thick and soft, the laundry service was very well done. I'm sad to leave and look forward to coming back.

Of particular help were Megan and Mia. You've earned a life-long customer. Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YouWhoSilencio
Dear Didjamatic22,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed the facilities, food and beverages, rooms and service in Kerry Hotel, Beijing. Your kind comments about our staff will be shared with them, so that they can continue to strive to bring our guests the best service possible. We welcome you back to Beijing on your next visit.
Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely stay at the hotel with its modern facilities. Loved the comfy beds and free mini bar! Wonderful spread for breakfast. Only thing is that it is a little far from the subway. Expect to walk about 10+ minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business