I had to make a quick trip yo Beijing to visit the British Consulate, and looking at the address it was in the Kerry Centre, so the best choice seemed to be the Kerry.
I had tried booking thru the internet via several websites and the hotel direct, but could not get thru, so simply rang the hotel to make a booking , simple, straightforward and was given a booking reference to submit at reception when i got there.
I chose the club room as it seemed the best deal, giving access to the club lounge and facilities, and I added breakfast into the request.
On arrival in Beijing i called the hotel from the taxi to let them know I was on e way, handed the phone to the driver having asked then to explain directions, etc to him in Chinese.
All done I settled back into the seat and were soon at the hotel.
The porter took our bags in and showed us to the main desk. I read-off the telephone booking reference, signed-iin, and was soon in the room (21st floor)
The room itself was so good, next morning I didn't want to leave!
The bathroom had a large walk-in wet room style shower and adjacent bathtub, so all preferences catered for. The mirror in the bathroom is also a LCD tv display. The toilet is one of the new combined biddet-toilet, all controlled from the console on the wall -have to say, its the best toilet I've ever used!
The bedroom is beautifully laid out, a good selection of tea's and coffee in each room, the TV channel selection covers all nationalities for language, news, entertainment, etc.
The AC is excellent, and no noise -which is one of the things I prefer, as it allows a better nights rest.
The club lounge is very good, news channels, papers available and a good selection of food and beverages. I took breakfast there the second day, the first day was in the ground floor Kerry's Cafe, which is very good indeed.
The staff attitude and service is second to none, they all have a good command of English which I've found missing in some other hotels.
One of the special items you get at reception is a small card with the hotel details written in English and Chinese, along with a selection of phases and places to visit - i took a taxi from the hotel to Tiananman Square and the forbidden city, both times no problems.
As i said earlier the reason I chose this hotel is the proximity to the British Consul, but the reason I'll use the same hotel on my next visit, is simply because during thus visit the hotel came up trumps -I can't think of a negative point to mention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Beijing's Central Business District and just 40 minutes from the international airport, Kerry Hotel, Beijing's preferential location is enhanced by its proximity to major cultural, shopping and entertainment sites such as Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Heavenly Temple, Pearl Market, Silk Market, and Sanlitun Village. From the guestrooms, guests are able to enjoy the commanding views of the iconic CCTV tower. The hotels stylish interior is matched by modern day comforts such as complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the hotel including all 485 guestrooms and public areas. Paperless check-in and check-out, complimentary mini bar and 24-hour gym are the hotel's special features. Offering discerning travellers a line-up of enhanced hardware and amenities, The Club rooms and suites will indulge guests with a sense of privilege and sanctuary. Wine and dine facilities are presented through five establishments. Kerry's Kitchen delivers authentic, well-cooked Asian and International cuisine using the finest quality ingredients, while Kerry's Pantry is perfect for grabbing a quick bite. At Horizon Chinese Restaurant, indulge in the finest quality farmed duck, hung-grilled and roasted over jujube wood to produce a thick, crispy melt-in-your-mouth experience. Along with the restaurant's signature dishes, guests will find a menu full of Cantonese specialties and a special menu solely devoted to dim sum. A 24-hour award-winning bar and lounge, Centro features live music, real cocktails and great fun in a seductive atmosphere. Vinotheque presents a unique and diverse list of wines including well-established chateaux, boutique producers, and exclusive and exceptional wines by the glass from the Enomatic wine dispenser. Spreading 7,000sqm, the hotel's fitness centre, Kerry Sports, features a 24-hour gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, multi-purpose court and a recreation room, plus an outdoor jogging track. Adventure Zone is Beijing's ultimate kid powered space that is designed to be an indoor retreat where kids rule the space. Patrons will find one-of-a-kind attractions such as drop slides and themed party rooms. Located within Kerry Sports, Adventure Zone is an exciting and unique family entertainment venue in the heart of the CBD and is professionally managed with friendly services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Kerry Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Hotel
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Beijing