“Perfect........”

Kerry Hotel Beijing
Ranked #5 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had to make a quick trip yo Beijing to visit the British Consulate, and looking at the address it was in the Kerry Centre, so the best choice seemed to be the Kerry.
I had tried booking thru the internet via several websites and the hotel direct, but could not get thru, so simply rang the hotel to make a booking , simple, straightforward and was given a booking reference to submit at reception when i got there.
I chose the club room as it seemed the best deal, giving access to the club lounge and facilities, and I added breakfast into the request.
On arrival in Beijing i called the hotel from the taxi to let them know I was on e way, handed the phone to the driver having asked then to explain directions, etc to him in Chinese.
All done I settled back into the seat and were soon at the hotel.
The porter took our bags in and showed us to the main desk. I read-off the telephone booking reference, signed-iin, and was soon in the room (21st floor)
The room itself was so good, next morning I didn't want to leave!
The bathroom had a large walk-in wet room style shower and adjacent bathtub, so all preferences catered for. The mirror in the bathroom is also a LCD tv display. The toilet is one of the new combined biddet-toilet, all controlled from the console on the wall -have to say, its the best toilet I've ever used!
The bedroom is beautifully laid out, a good selection of tea's and coffee in each room, the TV channel selection covers all nationalities for language, news, entertainment, etc.
The AC is excellent, and no noise -which is one of the things I prefer, as it allows a better nights rest.
The club lounge is very good, news channels, papers available and a good selection of food and beverages. I took breakfast there the second day, the first day was in the ground floor Kerry's Cafe, which is very good indeed.
The staff attitude and service is second to none, they all have a good command of English which I've found missing in some other hotels.
One of the special items you get at reception is a small card with the hotel details written in English and Chinese, along with a selection of phases and places to visit - i took a taxi from the hotel to Tiananman Square and the forbidden city, both times no problems.

As i said earlier the reason I chose this hotel is the proximity to the British Consul, but the reason I'll use the same hotel on my next visit, is simply because during thus visit the hotel came up trumps -I can't think of a negative point to mention.

Room Tip: Book the club room, stay on the 21st floor, enjoy the complimentary drinks/food in the lounge
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,001)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the Kerry Hotel for 3 nights in August, and I wish we'd been able to stay a little longer. Everything about this hotel is First Class. I cannot fault the room, bathrooms, executive lounge, spa, fitness centre. food, restaurants, and above all else, the service. I travel to China for business a lot, and I'd given up writing reviews, because however nice the property, the experience is not usually great overall. This hotel has changed my perception of hospitality in China. The staff were as good as you will find anywhere in the world, and so friendly and happy to converse in English. The hotel location is very good, and when it gets too hot (or cold in winter), you can connect to the subway system by a series of walkways and malls, to get to there, without having to venture outside. Unfortunately, I only get to Beijing once a year, but this will be my automatic choice of hotel, whenever I am there. I will be going to Shanghai in October, and I will try the Kerry Hotel there. The hotel management should be very proud of their staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pingpongb
Sinan Y, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear pingpongb,

Thank you for choosing Kerry Hotel, Beijing during your last visit and sharing your comments and experience! We are so happy to learn that you have enjoyed our room, club lounge, spa, fitness centre, restaurants and that you experienced our friendly and warm service. It's our utmost pleasure to be able to change your perception of hospitality in China as well. With your kind words, we will continue to strive even harder.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to having you again on your next visit to Beijing!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July.
This hotel is 5 star in every way nothing was an effect for them. We often ordered ice to our room and it was alway there promptly.
The room was a good size ,bathroom well equip with lots of amenities and has a fully automatic toilet.
Breakfast buffet was fantastic it had so much variety you would be very hard to please if it wasn't to your liking.
The new wine bar was a lovely place to have a drink with a good selection of wines to choice from all set out in wine chill cabinets all served at the right temperature.
The lounge bar was also a nice place to have a drink but needed to set out smoking and non smoking areas better as smoking area covered the majority of the lounge leaving non smoking area to a small corner.
The hotel has a mall attached to it which is very convenient and also has 2 restaurants a Chinese restaurant which they say is very nice and a great little cafe we went to which covered all sorts of lovely food.
The pool and spa area is a must after a big day of sightseeing and has a great size pool.
The gym is the best we have seen for a while with heaps of equipment.
Staff were all very efficient and friendly.
This hotel was well worth the extra money to stay and if we visit Beijing again will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinan Y, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Diane F,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience on your recent stay at Kerry Hotel, Beijing. We are pleased to hear that you had a great overall stay experience, from the hardware to the warm service of our staff. We are also glad that you managed to visit our new wine bar, Vinotheque, during your stay here. Once again, your kind comments are deeply appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next visit to Beijing!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Newly renovated to a very high standard (rooms and gym facilities). Immaculate service throughout. The breakfast downstairs boasts a huge range of Asian and Western options.

Good location for business in the south east of Beijing. Connected to huge underground shopping centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Out of all the hotels I've stayed in around the world, this is absolutely one of the best. The lobby is gorgeous and the staff were friendly, attentive and very professional. The room was clean and spacious. Everybody in our group wanted to take the Toto toilet home with them. The mini-bar (both the liquor and snacks) is complimentary. The buffet (breakfast and dinner) offered a huge variety of both Asian and Western style food. I can't say enough complimentary things about this hotel. Definitely a must if you are in Beijing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Their gym facilities were fantastic. The room was clean with comfortable bed and well-furnished. Complimentary minibar. Breakfast was good.There was a wide variety of Asian and western food except the service was slow .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Sinan Y, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Mizuki9905,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the 'fantastic' gym facilities, the room services and our complimentary minibar". However, we are concern to learn that you found our service was slow for breakfast. Should you want to share more details about your experience, please feel free to e-mail me at sinan.yilmaz@thekerryhotels.com.
Hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Cheers,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I came to this hotel on the 3/8, outside wasn't too convenient in terms of renovation and made me think that this is a bad thing as their main entrance and maybe they should care more about making it looks better and feel not so in the way, however this was soon to be changed as my girlfriend's manager got her the keys and we made our way up to the 19/F room 2.
We entered our room much amazed with the tidiness and no bad smell of mushy rooms which most hotel rooms carry. I went around exploring what the room have and doesn't have and is very much amazed by that they have mostly everything that one would need making my overly packed baggage a big waste. We quickly changed and went out, coming back being late, we went to sleep right away. Sleep was great after a long day and a flight from HK, bed and pillows were lovely and we woke up for breakfast at the club lounge the next day. First thing we see is a big smile from one of the club girls asking us for our drinks and seating us down, we went around to get our buffet style breakfast and started to eat. Order some eggs, went back to get it and was told that they will bring it to us, it came back to us looking amazing as we ordered omelette and it came with ketchup, asparagus and great hash brown which most hotel breakfast areas served hard and nasty. We got impressed with the eggs and great morning attitudes of the staff and I started looking at the menus on the table, it said we could order a few other items which we did. However one of the items we order was very salty, Beijing noodles, but then it was okay as we were in a great mood being impressed with almost everything and we just left it and told the staff.
Anyway, went up, went out and did our stuff, came back to a nice tidy clean with everything replenished room, we were amazed that the cleaning staff replaced everything that we used and everything looks nice and tidy. Ah, one thing, we have the cup noodles in the room that night, we love it, tasted great and so I called to ask for one more or buy but then no one understood me and so that night we went to bed hungry as that noodle was great. Anyway, didn't do much the other day, night time, I went around renting DVDs and wii from the club lounge, went up to setup, couldn't do so and got Michael of the club lounge up to help me, he fixed it for me and then I felt quite happy and satisfied that his service was so personal plus after that I ask housekeeping for two herbal pillows which actually made us slept even better.
I am still at the hotel now and I could help keeping myself from being amazed by their great attitudes and great smiles that I decided to give them a rating on trip advisor!!
Btw, I had dinner at their Chinese restaurant at the first night, they do amazing Chinese food especially the Peking duck, however the service there wasn't as great as the ones at the hotel as we have to keep asking for tea or to pour the tea.

Would definitely look forward to coming back again ASAP!

• Stayed: August 2014
Sinan Y, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear TomiHo,

Thank you for your quick response in sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that the staff members particularly Michael from the Club and the room attendant have delighted you and your partner. Your kind comments have been shared with them personally. Your feedback on improvement of food quality and services at the Horizon Chinese Restaurant have also been shared with the relevant department.

Once again thank you for the excellent review and we look forward to welcome you back to Kerry Hotel Beijing !