Beijing International Hotel
US$213
US$203
Travelocity
1,089 results
All reviewsrotating restaurantforbidden citybreakfast buffetbig hotelchina tourtour packageseparate showerquality hoteltienanmen squaretourist attractionsdumplingssupermarketsubwaymallwallkfctiananmen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As part of a tour package we stayed at the Beijing International Hotel. I found the hotel to be a great place to stay. The rooms were well kept and the service was excellent. The Beijing International Hotel is located on a busy main street in the middle of town, it seemed to be close to everything. The hotel resturants were really good, especially the breakfast buffet. The Beijing International Hotel is an upscale place, as the guests all appeared to be at least upper middle class. I was satisfied with my stay; though I think the bathroom was not as upscale as the rest of the room, it was a little small to me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Pros:

- Location, very close to metro and line 1. Close distance to main sights in centre of town.
- Wifi in the rooms was really strong.
- Beds were extremely comfortable
- Probably value for money

Cons:

- Facilities cost and we were only told after we had used them (i.e. the hotel simply presented us with us a bill for the gym rather than inform us that it cost prior to our use)
- pictures show a brand new bathroom, but we were given a VERY old bathroom, with a frustrating shower which flooded the room every time.
- towels were not of 4/5 star quality
- Breakfast was expensive

Overall, would be tempted to stay here again due to the location and the price. However, if money wasn't the issue - there are certainly better options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dher5
Reviewed 15 May 2014

There was nothing wrong with this hotel, but it was also not remarkable. Not quite as nice as I'd expect from a hotel marketed as five stars and not as nice as other hotels we stayed in Beijing with similar prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay very much. Nothing to complain about. The room was spotless. Toiletries supplied in the bathroom. Large soft towels, Robes in the closet. Breakfast is first rate (except for the under cooked bacon which seem typical around the world). Upon checking out a staff member chased me down outside and said I had forgotten to get my things out of the room safe. Wow! That would have been a real problem as it was my passport and money. many thanks to the staff for their efficiency. Also note that there 110v in the room.

Room Tip: The force from my shower as show strong that it actually hurt my skin. Might has just been my room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pat.kight
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Correct Hotel, you will hardly be disappointed but for sure won't be amazed.

Location is fairly good, 1 block away from the subways lines. Near some good to walk places (hutongs, houhai lake), all one taxi away (something around 25 rmb with the meter).

The bus from the airport transfer has one stop on this hotel, which is convenient being, the cheapest and fastest way go over there, the train might be a long ride.

Cleanliness - Ok, nothing to complain.
Appearance - Ok, but looks like a 90s hotel with no major improvements since then.
Location - Fair.
Staff - Bad, but unless you stay in the big chain hotel, it is expected, so you already now will have to deal with it (It is china).
Overall, good value for money, nothing fancy to add on top of this.

Room Tip: Double check if you are getting separate beds or double bed. Do not include breakfast, is expensive, and you have a mall in front with many options. Double check if you want a non smoking room, that is a non smoking floor, they usually clean the room and spray it but the dude before you smoked 2 packs, and is really nasty to smell that.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple