“Great Hotel”

Ranked #64 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my trip to Beijing with my family, and I must say it was a pleasant stay. The rooms were comfortable, our view of the hotel atrium and later our view of Wangfujing St. the second time we staid at the hotel was great. The staff was lovely and very helpful. We had our room changed since it was facing the alley (it was a bit too dark), and far away from the rest of the group, that was done maybe in 10-15 mins after our request. They helped us out with addresses and places to go. Our rooms included breakfast, which was such a wonderful treat. Your choices were endless and the cappuccino was a good start for a busy day of sightseeing.
The currency machine in the lobby was very helpful, we changed all our currency right in the hotel each morning according to our plans.
The free internet is the lobby as very helpful, the two other hotels I stayed at didn't have this service.
And the location is AMAZING. We took a walk down the street to the night market the night we got there and then did our shopping down the street in the days after.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. It’s a great pleasure to learn that the hotel impressed you deeply. We also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Thank you for your sincere comments and we will continue to provide excellent service in the future.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again. Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly after another smaller hotel double-booked me and although perhaps a bit generic there was little to fault. Rooms are a good size with plenty of soft towels, robes and decent toiletries, lovely shower with rainforest head, really comfortable bed (not always the case in China) and very nice pleasant staff. Best of all I discovered the hotel is a 15 minute walk to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, if this is on your agenda I'd recommend staying here for a medium-priced option. My only quibbles are lack of free Wi-fi in the rooms, I know "this is China" but I think the age of technology is such that this should be possible. Also the room service menu was a bit limited with very little to choose from and only a couple of wine selections, although there were some interesting-sounding restaurants in the hotel for the solo business traveller with work to catch up on room service is often the easier option. And I noticed the minibar wasn't replenished during my three day stay, again not a big deal but it seemed once you'd finished your packet of crisps or bottle of Heineken then that was it for the duration, a bit odd but good for the waistline I guess. However on the plus side the buffet breakfast was good, again nice staff. Overall a very relaxing and stress-free stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chinababe08
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room and our food & beverage, we will look into the mini-bar replenishment and room service menu. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 May 2012

A wonderful and stunning hotel.Fantastic attention to detail.Rooms beautiful and not over cool just comfy.Service really amazing from the porter to bar and restaurant staff.Great place and very handy to the "Walking Street"

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear guest, I was very happy to read your kind review and have shared it with my team at the hotel and thanked them for making your stay so memorable. I would like to thank you on behalf of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kind regards.
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Staff were very helpful and the room was good. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and well maintained. The location is brilliant and I highly recommend the massage at the place three doors away to the left as you leave the hotel. l had a fantastic foot massage (it is advertised in English on the front). My only complaint was the food at breakfast. Most of it was very average but, such a small issue and no one expects much at a buffet breakfast.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room and our staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here the end of March 2012 and really enjoyed our time at the Crowne. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are quite big and comfortable. The location of the hotel is great, close to subway, lots of shopping and attractions. It's a bit of walk to Tianenmen Square but put on your walking shoes and you can be there within 30 minutes. Overall a really good hotel, would recommend to friends if just for the location. The main restaurant is a little expensive but the food is really good and it's convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room, friendly staff and convenience location. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards !
Sweden
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel so many times and really enjoyed it. Due to I'm a Platina Ambassador of the IC group I always get an upgrade to the Club Floor.
Last week when I stayed at the hotel i was as usual upgraded to a nice club room.
When I cheked out, I was told that my upgrade only was for the room and not the benefits normally included to a club room. Therefore I had to pay RMB 120/day for internet.
I told them that for all my stays at this hotel I never had to pay internet. The reply was that this has been changed since 26/6 -2011. I probably stayed at the hotel at least 6-7 times since then and never ever have to pay for internet and that I thought the charge was absolutely at a silly level. After a small discussion I paid the RMB 240 and asked them to cancel my future two reseravtions which the staff did without any notice.

All in all I think that travelling for business requires a hotel with an internet connection without charge. This is as common as a bed today. A charge of RMB 120 for internet per day is a simple way to tell the guests to find another hotel and I'm not feeling not very welcome to this hotel as a Platina member.
The advice to the hotel is to change this as soon as possible so that frequent guests feels welcome to the hotel again. Shape up!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bumsegubben
Dear guest, greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing ! Thank you for using Trip Advisor and for sharing your feedback regarding your recent staying with us. We value your support over the past and certainly take all of your comments very seriously indeed. In regards with your concern on IHG PCR benefits, unfortunately this is in contravention with the latest benefits accorded to each Platinum Card holders around the world, and as such we regret that on future visits we will only be able to upgrade you to the next level of room category when available, and not including the club lounge access. If however you would like to stay on our club level with access to our club lounge we recommend you book this level accordingly. For your easier reference, may we suggest that you might refer to the latest benefits as stated in your Priority Club Platinum membership for a detailed review. We regret any inconvenience that may be caused to you on your next booking, but do hope you will continue to stay with us on all your future visits. Thank you for your understanding and best regards !
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel in early April and found the facilites and the staff to be of an excellent standard. The club rooms were spacious and most comfortable and the executive lounge was a wonderful retreat after a day of touring. The young ladies in the lounge were most attentive, the spread of food absolutely delicious and most of all the ambience was one of quiet relaxation.
We ate breakfast both in the downtown restaurant and in the executive lounge and dinner was taken in the 1st floor Chinese restaurant. The quality of the food at all times was first class and catered for both western and asian tastes.
The location of the hotel is fantastic allowing you to either easliy walk or catch taxis to the main sites.This is our second stay at the Crowne Plaza Wangfujing and we would recommend this hotel to anyone venturing to Beijing. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The Club rooms and executive lounge were worth the money!