My sisters and I stayed at the hotel from 5th to 11 the April this year. We took a two bedroom at club floor. It would have been a great stay if not for a few unpleasant encounters.
Somehow I felt that the my requests was not taken seriously regarding particular room requirements.
While we appreciate the smooth check in and average airport transfer. Average, because while the vehicle was comfortable, the chauffeur was cold and uncommunicative. There was not even a word of welcome or greeting or offer of towels or drinks! We did not feel that we are welcomed at all!
1) I strongly requested for a newly renovated room as some members of my family have respiratory problem, but was given one with stained carpet, dated furnishing. The 2nd bathroom really need more hooks, shelves. As it is we have to remember to get our towels, bath mat from the master bathroom every time we take our shower.
2) We had two lunches at made in China. While the food was delicious, the server's attitude were not exactly to be commended. Both times the service persons displayed impatience and annoyed expression when we asked for more details about the menu. They seemed to forget that we are foreigners and not familiar with their food.
3)housekeeping was slacked. Twice we pressed the clean the room button before we went out for our city tour only to find that the room uncleaned when we came back at 4+ pm!
4) breakfast at Grand cafe has limited choice and during our stay the toaster was not working from the 3rd day, food often not replenished or taking a long time to.
5) the Audi that was provided for our departure to the airport had an unpleasant odour in the car.(we suspected it's the uniform of the driver). I don't think this is acceptable, especially when one pay premium charges one expect premium treatment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Beijing is one of the finest hotels in Beijing and indeed China. In the prestigious Oriental Plaza in the centre of Beijing, the hotel is just minutes' walk from Tian An Men Square, the Forbidden City, the city centre and the Wang Fu Jing shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hyatt Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Beijing
- Beijing Hyatt