3,125 results
All reviewschina restaurantforbidden citynoble courtoriental plazabedroom suitepeking duckamazing poolshopping mallclub levelwalking distancehigh end mallswimming pool isexcellent locationcentral locationbusiness tripwangfujing streetfitness center
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I couldn't have picked a better hotel for my first time in China. Being unable to read or speak the language was very stressful, but the Grand Hyatt Beijing took care of me for the entire stay, and helped me to have a great trip. I didn't take advantage of the private airport transportation that was offered because it was 10 times the price of my taxi ride, but I did appreciate the email offer and I know that others would greatly appreciate this service if they don't know Chinese. The concierge spoke excellent English and was extremely helpful in helping us determine how to visit the Great Wall -- my husband and I preferred to explore the wall on our own schedule without a tour guide or time constraints, and the concierge explained the options and prices. The next morning, Daniel at the bell desk did an excellent job of arranging an all-day taxi and negotiating the rates for us. He explained everything clearly and we felt so much better knowing that the driver was someone that Hyatt has used in the past and trusted. The driver was fantastic and friendly and did an amazing job driving us comfortably through the crazy traffic of Beijing at rush hour. Even though he spoke no English we were clear about what to expect (thanks to Daniel's careful instructions). After a long but amazing day at the Great Wall, we were ready for a swim and a soak in the hot tub. The pool area was gorgeous and there were several friendly attendants to help show me around the locker room/steam rooms/showers. Check-in and check-out was quick and courteous, and the front desk also showed me where to exchange money. The location was excellent, within walking distance of many great attractions. We also loved that the hotel connected directly to the huge Oriental Plaza Mall, and had several great and inexpensive meals at their food court. I have stayed at many hotels in the US for business, but have never experienced the level of care and attention offered to me by the Grand Hyatt Beijing. If I ever return to Beijing I will stay here again, and I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GeraldUrsulet, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear schurchi,
thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review of our hotel and we are very happy to learn our team made a difference in your exploration of Beijing.

We will be sure to share your comments with those you have mentioned. We are indeed lucky to have such a team of passionate professionals.

We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again to our beautiful city.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The title actually meant as a praise to Grand Hyatt; nothing surprising, it is always good to come back to any Grand Hyatt for that matter. Everything was well executed during my stay, guest services were accommodating to my requests of firm pillow, extra water, and extra body lotion to withstand to surprisingly cold and dry winter. Breakfast menu is extensive, from western, to chinese, to typical intercontinental selections. I will for sure come back when I'm in Beijing

Dear Mulyadi K,
thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.
We are happy to learn you had a positive and enjoyable stay with us. As you clearly mentioned, all these little marks of attention are what our team is expected to deliver and they do this very well.

We look forward to welcoming you soon to Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Nice clean and upscale Hotel, with great food, spa and excellent sauna, including great bar and live entertainment from Tamrell and Greg an AMERICA duo. Order a “sex on the beach” and enjoy. Great location. However, notorious for smoke remenance in non smoking rooms with air fresher sprayed to make it worse in a closed environment. Front desk staff, have zero customer service skills. “Unfriendly”, probably a good word to describe them. I have stayed here at least 30+ times.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear jonjonjinc,

thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community and please accept my apologies for the smell of smoke in your room. We are constantly reminding our smoking guests of the local law and try our best to manage this something challenging situation.

Please do let me know next time you come and I will personally check the room and ensure you are not disappointed this time.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The hotel has an excellent location for many of the major attractions. Decent sized rooms if you need to work and a good gym. Drawbacks is the attitude of the staff who at time seem to still not grasp what service means. This is not so much a question of language but rather a question of attitude and management / oversight.

Dear KaKWi,
thank you for sharing your feedback with the trip advisor community.
I am glad to learn you found the location of our hotel to be excellent but must apologize for the service shortfall you have experienced.

Please let me know and do not hesitate to reach out to me if you wish to discuss the details of your experience.

I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in a not too distant future.
Thank you.