King Wing Hot Spring International Hotel
US$299
US$281
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon thinking it sounded lovely being on a hot spring and a 5 star hotel. I would in fact only rate this hotel 3 stars. The hotel is in desperate need of a complete make over, the bathroom was dated, the room was dusty and the carpets were dirty. The breakfast in the morning was disappointing and the customer service was average. Everything seemed hard work for the staff, we had the cleaners entering our bedroom when we had the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and were still in bed. It was difficult to order room service as the hotel staff have limited English and when it arrived the staff wanted cash for it there and then. We did not have enough cash as we thought we could get everything billed to the room but apparently not... The swimming pool was dirty and we were made to purchase swimming caps to wear. We were even ripped off booking a taxi through the hotel to get to the airport - 4 times what we should have paid. I can imagine this was probably a once beautiful hotel which is now in desperate need of a make-over...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ellie255093
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel should be rated as a 3 star instead of a 5 star hotel. We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. The carpets were so dirty that we have to switch the room 3 times after checking in. We waited for 1/2 hour before the room was cleaned. When we entered the room, there were clumps all over the carpets, carpets were filthy. We have to ask the cleaning lady to vacuum the carpet again. Not much surprise bathroom was as bad as carpet, caulking needed to be done, actually the whole bathroom should be renovated.
After checking in, we asked the receptionist for a map, the lady seemed quite reluctant to give us one. As we couldn't speak fluent mandarin, we asked one of the lady to make a restaurant reservation for us. She just bluntly said "no" to us. Luckily there was another lady next to her who was probably more senior overheard the conversation and helped us made the call.

Breakfast was just ok, we have to eat our breakfast at 6:30 am in order to meet the tour time. When we sat down, there were no staffs at the egg and noodle station, we have to ask the supervisor to get someone to serve the noodle station.

Hotel location is bad, it was about 20 minutes walk to the nearest MRT.

Don't stay in this hotel if you expect this to be a "5" star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chunchun1
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I didn't have very high expectations of the hotel because it was booked for us by our Beijing 7-day tour organizers. I had read the reviews prior to arriving to to the hotel and that helped me to avoid the disappointment. The cleanliness of the rooms leaves a lot to be desired. The carpets are filthy and the bathroom badly needs to be remodeled. The water pressure was ok but the water wasn't very hot at times.The bedding was clean and not bad at all. The beds, however, are really hard. There is a good variety of TV channels including quite a few English ones. A lot of toiletries were available in the bathroom. There is an electric kettle in the room and they provide tea and coffee bags. The location of the hotel is not the best but for us it didn't really matter since we were with a tour group from 7am until 8pm. The breakfast at the restaurant was not bad. The coffee was good and strong. There were Chinese as well as western choices, and quite a few of them. There was someone making fried eggs as well. The bad thing is that the dishes were exactly the same every single day and that got a little tiring. Overall, the hotel is average. Don't pay more than $50 per night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank elko1
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This once 5 star hotel has fallen from grace. We stayed there for 8 nights and was rather disappointed to learn there were better value elsewhere. Fairly opulent looking hotel but the bedrooms and especially the bathrooms were below expectations in terms of cleanliness. The carpets were absolutely filthy with a coating of hair on them, so much so I dared not even walk on it bare foot.
Please note, they turn off the air-conditioning system from Oct 1 in view of the winter months setting in and that makes the b/room very stuffy. People smokes in the hotel b/rooms and also at breakfast openly, so much so, this comes through the ventilation system and the passive smoking got to my chest. I woke up each morning from 2am till 4am coughing my guts out from the passive smoking, the smog and the dust for the duration of our stay there. The b/rooms was also very dusty evidence from guests opening the windows to let fresh air in - one can even write messages on the dusty surfaces! When housekeeping cleaned our room, no vacuuming was done at all the entire 8 nights we stayed there. I felt the tea making equiptment and glasses were suss too. Overall, the hygiene and cleanliness in this hotel is questionable or sussed.
The best I can rate this hotel is only 3 stars. There are better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Be prepared to ask for room change if not happy. When we were reassigned, it was then a much better room and a tad cleaner but still very dusty. The carpet was filthy too in this upgraded room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jemmimah S
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed in the hotel from Oct.9 to 18. The overall sanitary condition of the hotel is a little below average but still acceptable. The thing that ruined our trip is the service clerk at the front desk-Ms. E.Wang-she also serve as a currency exchange clerk. Her attitude towards the customers was rude and bad. I first noticed her bad attitude when my husband lost his first map and asked for the second one the second day. She ignored my husband and eventually another lady gave him one and showed him the place where we wanted to go. The second time was when my daughter, she don't really understand Mandarin, was trying to exchange Chinese currency. Ms. Wang threw back the $20 dollars bill back one by one to my daughter and talked with some Beijingese slang that I don't even understand. Her manner is bad and I think the hotel should take a note on this. This unpLeasant encounter did not only happen to me, quite a few of our traveling members have the same compalin about this young lady.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends