“Nice Hotel for a Transit”

CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport
Ranked #455 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a 12 hour layover in Beijing, so I booked a room here. Nice hotel. I got a big suite, with living room, kitchen, bedroom and a nice bathroom. Bathroom had lots of amenities, including shampoo, soap, lots of towels and….a condom! Well, that was the first time I've sent that in a hotel.

Breakfast buffet was really good and the airport shuttle was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Craig T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

do not stay at this hotel. there is no longer a regular shuttle from the airport. i rang the hotel and asked for information on where the shuttle was and the guy was so rude and unhelpful i hung up. found out where the shuttle should stop but it went past without stopping for me. Had to get someone up to fix the aircon. Internet didn't work: advertised as free but no where was there info about how to log in and sick of ring front desk all of the time.

Pay the extra money and stay at one of the other hotels.

1  Thank pete b
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the hotel has changed its shuttle bus system and now you must phone to be collected. I booked to stay in May and phoned 3 times before the bus arrived. Waited more than 50mins and then we drove to the next terminal! - so took over an hour to get to the hotel. Was not happy and reception said they would upgrade me - but they didn't! trip back is just as much of a pain, as you need to book, it only leaves on the hour and goes to all terminals so takes about 25 mins for T2.
they have a great outdoor BBQ and music every night through the summer, super if your staying for a few days rest, but a pain in the neck if you want to sleep as it goes on very late!!!
Hotel losing its appeal. :-(

Reviewed 27 May 2014

As I had to stay overnight in PEK arriving from overseas at midnight and heading for Hebei Province in the early morning, I thought that it was a good idea to have an airport hotel - unfortunately, my secretary booked the CITIC Airport hotel. Shuttle bus from T3 was smoky, driver not really motivated and even worse going to the domestic terminal before finally heading for the hotel. The rooms are very basic - in principle clean - but not at all comfortable. As the windows are very old, the air traffic could still be heard overnight. For the price paid, unfrotunately a very disappointing experience ...

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A one-night stopover for me... I was looking forward to leaving Beijing. I just wanted a clean and comfortable room near the airport.

It struck me as a ‘once-magnificent’ hotel that had been maintained but not improved and modernized. It was an old homely style ...like a 5-Star from an earlier decade. The check in was not fast, but not to slow.

The room was acceptable for a reasonable rate.

The concierge staff attending the drive through wore uniforms that looked like they were the original ones used at the opening of the hotel and never updated...badly required. I almost expected to smell mothballs.

The location is very good. I walked to interesting shops and restaurants.

It was during Beijing’s short summer and I was hot. I was sad to discover the pool was not available as it was being renovated or something. A job I would have left for wintertime, had I been the hotel manager. I was very annoyed that I was not advised of this when I booked.

In the evening I found the hotel bar that was trying to be funky and ‘Western’ and the staff were pleasant. I ordered a premium beer that the bartender recommended. I soon met some other very interesting travellers in the bar that were in the aviation industry. One was a passenger jet pilot from my home-country New Zealand. The other guy was an aircraft dismantler who was there to start scrapping an old-Boeing 747. So this made some very interesting conversation; that conversation let me to order a second Jack Daniels and Coke, and then a third. I was rocked to get a bill in the morning for around $80 Australian dollars... the most expensive drinks! About what the room had cost me!

All-in, the place was ok. I hope my work does not take me to Beijing again at all... the pollution is ghastly.

I can’t say I would go back, but cant say I wouldn’t.

I put a lot of time into writing these reviews for my fellow travelers benefit; so if it has been at all helpful please let me know by clicking on the Helpful Vote button? Please, it keeps me going ;-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank SmithersinAU
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here over night while flying in from Tokyo before returning to the Uk, the room was very nice and spacious so no complaints about that, we did not experience breakfast, one thing was the large list in the room of payments for any damages, not that we did but felt it would make people worry about doing anything in the room. The shuttle could be improved, we had a taxi in the morning which took us to terminal three sadly he would not take us to terminal two which we were flying from but luckily the shuttle bus was there. I would stay here again but, the shuttle needs improving.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel-St
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This Hotel used to be the Movenpick, then the Sino-Swiss, and now the Citic. Like a used car - the maintenance decreases and the price increases.

This hotel has been the best hotel in the area for years, but when it changed hands into local managers - it went down hill - waaaaay down.

The rooms are ok in terms of cleanliness, but a few have the smell of mildew. Especially the two level rooms. The restaurant is still good with a great breakfast - IF IT COMES with your room. If it does not - it is too expensive.

Their internet is connected by cable and is confusing. They change the price and procedure almost every month.

I have stayed at this hotel many many times out of necessity. But when I can, I usually stay at the Best Western. It is much better and cheaper in terms of room and value.

The CITIC hotel is convenient if you are just transporting to and from the airport.

Room Tip: If you are having a meeting - the two level rooms are good because the sleeping area is upstairs and...