“Close to Metro”

Ranked #80 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Sydney, Australia
“Close to Metro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here with a tour and found the hotel to be perfectly fine. Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room. The breakfast buffet was good and they cook fresh omelettes if wanted. It's close to the metro line and there are shops and restaurants nearby. We found a great restaurant on Zhichun Rd Lu across the road from the hotel. No name in english except for 'diet culture classical' on the outside. There is seating outside on the footpath and a barbecue grill on the right hand side going into the restaurant. None of the waiters speak english but the menu has pictures. Lots of students seem to eat here and the food was excellent and well priced. If you want the skewers from the bbq just go and point as we couldn't see them on the menu.

Room Tip: Up higher and overlooking the park was good. Initially we were given a room that had smokers in it s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gaylegreg
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear gaylegreg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and your time in Beijing a city that offers visitors so much. As you said the hotel is just a few minutes from the Metro line and many of our guests comment on how the hotels location affords easy access to all of Beijings sites and Beijing Capital Airport.
Great to have you stay with us and thank you again for your kind comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went on a university trip and this hotel was great value, and really good location. Very close to a subway stop, with links all round the city.
Service was great, however didn't need it that much as everything was perfect.
Rooms were spotless.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Jimmy,
Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
To advise, within the hotel we continually look for ways to improve service delivery and are fortunate to have some outstanding staff members who make significant positive contributions to enhance the guest experience.
Your kind comments are well received and much appreciated.
Great to have you stay with us and should you return to Beijing we would be delighted to accommodate you.
Have a great week
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited this hotel in March 2014. Very Nice. Close to subway/restaurants. Most staff spoke good English. Wendi-front desk very accommodating with a room change because first one was too warm. Peter-Concierge was wonderful in arranging an English speaking tour guide for us. Only issue we had was with reservations. Trip was delayed one day because of flight delay. Could not cancel first day even though we called within cancellation policy time frame. However this may have been a hotels.com error. Overall would recommend, lovely hotel, just book directly with hotel and get cancellation policy in writing.

Room Tip: some rooms are warm (a/c not on yet) ask for a room with a window. When window was open it was nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tkb2014
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Tkb2014,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. Your kind comments regarding Wendi and Peter are well received and much appreciated. Unfortunately the room cancellation you referred to must be done through Booking.com and as such we were unfortunately not able to assist in this regard as you rightly suggested. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time in the hotel, it was great having you stay with us and we hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel is great! On average, I stay at this hotel 4 times a year for 3 to 5 nights and I have seen the changes and the overall upgrade in service.

Great staff!
Great rooms!
Great location!
PLUS a very accommodating and very sincere front desk team! concierge! and housekeeping!

It shows that the staff really has really been trained more and that they genuinely try to help you. Some of them do have a hard time speaking in English but give them a chance and they will really try to help you or call/ask someone who can explain it properly.

I also want to give thanks to Erik and the front desk team for being very accommodating.
I have come to a point where I have become comfortable staying in this hotel and I can't imagine staying anywhere else whenever I'm in Beijing.

Erik, I know that you'll read this so please give your staff a pat on the back. I actually want to buy some pizza and give it to them but I don't know if that is allowed in your hotel. I'd like to do this sometime if this is OK.

By the way, I noticed that the wifi is weaker on the suite room 1138 that I was assigned to VS the usual Superior and De Luxe rooms. Just a note as future guests may find this as a downside especially for Suite Rooms.

Again, thank you Park Plaza Beijing Science Park.
See you again this May and June :)

Room Tip: There's a jacuzzi, a sauna, and a steam room in the 3rd floor. Great way to start/end the day.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Allan,
Thank you so much for taking time to respond and comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. Your kind comments regarding the Front Desk team have been shared with the team and serves as motivation to all hotel employees. As a repeat and valued guest we look forward to your next visit and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Have a great week.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

First time visiting China, so had this hotel recommended to me by clients.

Check in was quick and easy.

The rooms were very clean, with a good range of toiletries - even toothbrushes. In addition to that, they also had an iron and iron board in the wardrobe. Had I known this beforehand, I could have saved some space in my suitcase and left my iron at home.
TV had 1 English movie channel, which was good to see for the odd day I ended up at the hotel early after meetings etc to watch a movie. Played old classics during the day and modern movies at night.

The free WiFi in the room was very good. I was able to Skype back home with no issues. (You have to remember that they change the password every 24 hours for WiFi, which requires a quick "55" call from the room phone to listen to the automated message of the new daily password)

They had x4 different restaurants in the hotel. All were good.

The location was perfect. Right around the corner was a shop to buy cigarettes or whatever else as well as other restaurants.

Staff were very helpful and wouldn't hesitate to stay again if ever in Beijing in the future.

Please note: rooms have a various collection of different plug sockets. I had bought an adaptor at the airport which was never really needed. They had x2 or x3 UK sockets in the room, as well as x1 or x2 US sockets. They also have chinese sockets too. I guess this is to cover all probability. I hadn't known about this before

It's the kind of hotel you can stay in, without having to venture out, which is ideal if you've had a long week, or busy couple of days and just want to chill. I had probably picked the worst week as there were a lot of fireworks going off at all hours (after Chinese new year)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mickaveli2001,
Thank you for taking time out to comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. Good to hear that you felt the rooms were well equipped and provided for most of your needs.
I also thank you for your kind comments regarding your positive interaction with our staff, the team within the hotel are genuinely warm and friendly and I hope this was apparent during your time with us.
Great to have you stay with us and I very much appreciate your positive feedback
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I took the 8 day tour of Beijing with China Spree and stayed here the week of Thanksgiving. We arrived at the hotel around 6 AM. Although check in time is 3 pm we were given our rooms by 10 AM with not extra charge.

The staff was very helpful, especially the concierge staff. They provided maps and helped me locate the correct subway stops for the various places I planned to visit. They also wrote out addresses for me in Chinese characters.

The only problem I had was with the heat. I was not able to turn it down/off. Other than that I have no complaints and would gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Alwayselegant1,
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to your recent visit to the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff, particularly the concierge team were as helpful as we expect them to be.
Again, great to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you shuld you return tp Beijing.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My first trip to China and first time in Beijing, it was my good fortune to stay at the Park Place for my meetings at CAS. And hotel director Terry Manns, who has responded to many comments on this thread, I had the pleasure of speaking with him during my check-in. He and his team have put together a top notch facility and it will be my priority to return on my next visit. The hotel is convenient to the subway so it was easy to get around on my one free day (to Tienanmen Square, the Forbidden City, Winter Palace) as well as getting to the high speed rail station for my next leg to Shanghai. Okay, about the hotel ... nicely equipped and comfortable rooms, plenty of work space, nice bathrooms, decent size, good lighting. The hotel restaurant was nice, with a great variety of western, eastern and south Asian items in their dinner and breakfast buffets. I didn't try the German pub on the second floor but it will certainly be an option for my next time, if I am to entertain. There are non-hotel dining options nearby outside of the western fast food outlets so later in my stay, I had take-out Chinese 'bucket' dinners with a couple of German beer tall-boys from the 7-11 (I was tired but my room was just ideal for cocooning!).

Room Tip: I will check to see if there are different room configurations next time. I prefer a smaller room w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear garydpdx,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park Hotel. Your kind comments serve as motivation for the team and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time in the hotel.
Great to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.