“A stunning hotel with excellent breakfast, friendly staff and a great spa!”
Review of Asia Hotel

Asia Hotel
Ranked #128 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Karmoy Municipality, Norway
“A stunning hotel with excellent breakfast, friendly staff and a great spa!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had a four night stay at this hotel. The first impressions are great, once you enter the lobby and approach the reception. Always smiling, always helpful. Rooms are also great, but from what I understood some had balcony, but wasn't usable due to locked balcony door. We stayed at the 11th or 12th floor (can't remember), and had a lovely view.

Some shops near the hotel, and restaurants. A 5-10 minute walk to a lovely Belgian restaurant. Great location. Taxis straight outside, and they bring you back to the entrane door.

The spa is the best I've tried yet. We got lots of info and was advised to book the next day, when a master with expertise in footcare was there, so we followed up on that advice. Great masseurs and excellent rooms. My mother and I had our private room to our disposal. After massage they brought us fruit, youghurt and tea. There was a tv in there, and I promise you, the beds in the massage room were much better than in our hotel room. Those beds were a little hard, but this is normal in China.

The breakfast had lots of choice for hot and cold food, great variety of fruits and all sorts of things. My favorite was the excellent omelettes, of which you could choose what to have in it.

The prices for drinks in the bar are very expensive in comparison to going out, but we enjoyed a few drinks in the evening. Bar closes too soon though.

A nice outdoor area. Little dam with fish, small garden with plants and a bird in cage, tables and chairs to enjoy your drink from the bar. This was a very nice place to relax at night after a busy day in Beijing.

We had to try the Old Dock restaurant. A unique experience sitting in these boats floating. You'd almost feel you're on the sea or a lake. Food was good. I think we were just unlucky with two of our choices. The cod and potatoes excellent, so was the rice with meat and vegetables, the chicken was a disappointment. But my mistake for not reading properly, thought it was filet, but it was full of bones and fat and little meat. Beef also not very good, felt like rubber. Service absolutely superb though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Room is nice, quiet and clean, flat screen TV and everything..., but mattress is a bit hard and breakfast is not so good. There's free WiFi but not stable.

Good size indoor pool but the gym is so small.

Hotel location is good, there's a Starbucks around, and a 7-11 within 5 min walk, 5 min walk to subway and 15 min walk to San Li Tun

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianChiu
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

For the price, this hotel is a great value. The location is ok. A little far from the forbidden city. But can rides are available. The hotel can arrange for you a privet tour to the wall of china with a tour guide and a driver for around $150 US. Up to 5 or 6 people. The only one down side is that when I tried to turn one the AC. Housekeeping told me that AC does not work and she told me to open the window for some cool air. Is actually worked.

• Stayed April 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a short business trip.
My flight was slightly delayed and I ended up reaching the hotel at around 1am. Yet, the reception staff were friendly and efficient. There were some minor issues with my reservation and credit card transaction but it was all sorted out rather quickly.

I noticed many reviewers having problem with smoke but my non-smoking room was thankfully smoke-free! The room looked new and clean albeit a bit tacky in terms of design. Bathroom was well designed and the rain shower was an absolute delight. Free wifi worked perfectly. I had to call reception for an international socket adaptor and they were really fast even though it was in the middle of the night. So kudos!

Breakfast was average. Decent, simple spread of continental and chinese food. Once again, service was great. We had some trouble getting a taxi one morning but the staff were very helpful in going out to the main road (on a cold winter morning!) to hail us one. Location-wise, it is really close to everywhere I had to go to in Beijing. My colleague informed me that the area is convenient for restaurants, bars, clubs and even karaoke lounges but I didn't have the time to check it out.

I was forced to cut my business trip short and the staff were inflexible in charging us the extra night. We checked out at 7pm and checkout time was supposed to be 6pm but this is understandable. Overall, still a recommended business hotel to stay at.

+Staff were warm, welcoming and helpful
+Free wifi worked great.
+Loved the shower

-Room design a bit tacky

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ziyan C
OH
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My business partner and I went to check in, and our room wasn't ready.

Of course we requested a non-smoking room. Once we made it to our floor, it reeked of cigarette smoke, and the odor just became worse when we entered our room. Our boss DID have a smoking room on a smoking floor at another hotel, and that didnt smell half as bad as our non-smoking room. I tried to take a nice refreshing shower only to dry off with a towel that smelled like it was used as an ashtray. Our nice suits fresh from the dry cleaners? They smelled like we were out ar the bar all night.

The two beds might as well have been one king sized bed with how close they placed them together, holes in the carpet, rock hard, old almost translucent mattresses, mold and mildew in the shower. It was abysmal.

We go out for business meetings and after a long day, we come to find out we're locked out of our room due to some miscommunication between our boss and the hotel. They had us only booked for one night instead of four. We couldn't get through to the front desk agent, we called up our boss who is a local national fluent in Mandarin to talk to the front desk agent, and after hanging up with him, the front desk agent still didn't understand what was going on. It was ridiculous!

We were finally fed up with everything and decided to stay with another business associate in a nearby hotel. Good thing too, because when we went to retrieve our belongings, a full on poker night was going on in one of the rooms with the room door wide open. Everybody laughing and drinking and the entire non-smoking floor was smokier than a Las Vegas casino floor. It was so bad, my eyes started watering! Unbelievable! Non-smoking my...

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank R V
Pune, India
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Arrived at 7pm without my luggage which the airline had missed loading. The hotel did not have room ready despite check-in time being 2pm. Reception informed that they had only 1 room left which was bewildering since I had booked and paid in advance...

Though the room was excellent and well furnished. Airline delivered my luggage sometime at night but no one informed me. In the morning when I checked my luggage was sent to my room. Staff speaks very little English and at times it is difficult to get information from them.

However, to be fair, apart from these 'special situation' issues, stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rajiv_pune27
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed there on business Nov 1st 2011, the rooms are OK ,a little bit tired but comfortable enough.There are several good restaurants not far away, went to a very good Teppanyaki restaurant a couple of blocks away.
Breakfast is passable as far as Westerners go, Chinese fare is good, but limited options for westerners, settled for croissants and coffee, however these were a ordinary.
Two issues , when settling my account and you use the minibar and advise what you have used they insist on checking the minbar. The was when being checked out by reception there was one rude Chinese lady who decided she was more important than me and insisted on getting served while I was still being attended to, and the reception person did the transaction.???Not impressed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business