“Huge Rooms & Good Services”

New Century Grand Hotel Beijing
Ranked #420 of 6,563 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms are really big. There is a really large office area, with desks and couches. And the bathroom is huge. I really liked the customer services. They gave us complimentary fruits which were nice.

The hotel is located within walking distance to the subway station, so that's really nice since you can reach anywhere including airport with subway, but don't ever use them during rush hour. On the other hand, you cannot find any good shopping or restaurants around the hotel, so that's a minus.

The gym is very nice, but charges extra for ping pong and other equipment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2013

First of all, always book your hotel in advance when traveling to China: upon our arrival in Beijing, we went to two hotels and were told there were no vacancies when we knew there were. When we got to the New Century Grand Hotel, I told the ladies at the front desk that we had a reservation and that it was not my problem they lost it, we still needed two rooms. I don't like to tell lies, but I didn't want to spend the night outside! We finally got our rooms and they were really nice: beds and pillows were really comfortable, the room was spacious. The food at the breakfeast buffet was nothing to call home about. It was a nice hotel, but I think it was overpriced considering the bad location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our hotel room was clean and comfortable, although for a "non-smoking" room the cigarette smell was dreadful. However, the amenities were fine. Buffet breakfast in the Jade Cafe was good, with plenty of choice. Location of the hotel was a bit isolated, but that didn't really bother us as we were on a tour so for excursions we were collected and dropped off. Hotel Staff tried hard to please.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hamo04
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Overall I had a very comfortable and relaxing stay at the New Century Grand Hotel. True, it was not in a very exciting district. There was nothing I could find to do within several blocks. However, the subway station is one block away and from there one can access the Beijing Zoo, Tianneman Square, etc. The rook was spacious and clean, with a large comfortable bed, sitting area, desk, dressing area and huge bathroom. Everything in the bathroom worked as expected. The Gym facilities were modern, well-maintained and were open from 06:30 until 11:00 pm. The food in the Jade Cafe was buffet style and nothing to write home about. The Modern China Restaurant on the second floor was excellent. Overall, a good place to park for a couple of days as long as I didn't want to get out and wander around too much.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlie E
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The hotel is located in a sparsely populated area of Beijing so many taxi drivers do not know how to get it there. Benefit is to be located near the metro station.
Hotel at a glance it looks very good. Large and spacious lobby. As for the room, and at first glance it looks very good. Big comfy bed with a view of a flat TV, a desk and a private bath with shower and tub. And that's where the story ends. Shower did not work, bathroom was quite dirty, with hair on the floor, dirt in corners, dirty carpet. Although the room has a terrace it is impossible to get to it because it is locked?! The windows do not open.
All in all, far from the 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tanja1602
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel was chosen for us by Nexus Holiday as we booked a tour with them. The hotel room is fine with nice bath with separate tub and shower. The niceities end there. Supposedly you can adjust the temperature in the room, but that is not true. I am in this room for 2nd night and the temp is 26 C or 82 F which is unacceptable for sleeping and getting ready in the morning. I called and they said air conditioning is broken, however it does seem that the lobby is cool. We cannot open windows in the room. They finally brought tubs of ice, so I can put my feet in ice and also a large bag of ice which they told me I should hug to my chest. In addition there is no hot water in the shower, but that was ok because I wanted to take a cold shower to cool me off anyway. However that leads me to believe that they turn off the hot water and air conditioning during the night so they can save a few pennies. There have been other issues with Nexus Holidays in that we were first sent to the wrong hotel and had to take an hour long cab ride to this hotel. Food in restaurant is adequate, although expensive by Chinese standards.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with window that will open so that you will not be Peking Duck roasted duri...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank timesharetraveler11
Reviewed 21 June 2012

stayed here for my first time in Beijing, this is a rather large hotel but service was pretty good. However the shower did not drain well and the water came up over the door lip and got the whole bathroom floor wet.

Room Tip: got a nice corner room, with lots of windows
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business