Sunworld Hotel Beijing
US$80
US$90
US$67
  • Restaurant
CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport(Beijing)
US$96
US$93
US$125
US$80
Agoda.com
All reviewswangfujing streetgreat locationsun worldforbidden citycatholic churchwalking distancestar hotelshopping and restaurantsminute walklimited englishnight markethard bedsday tourspeak englishlanguage barrierchinese dishesstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I chose this hotel as it was close to Wangfujing and the Metro (Dengshikou) so it was easy to get around the city, get to the main tourist sites and get to and from the airport. Its well known by the tour companies should you need picking up to join a tour.

Of the staff I dealt with all but one could speak English well enough to help with any queries I had, but they were all helpful and polite. The room was clean and tidy, although like some of the other reviews the AC in my room was either not working or not powerful enough. I set it to 10 celsius to cool the room down and it didn't really change the temperature at all. After fiddling with the settings a few times I gave up - it wasn't excessively hot in the room so as I was only there for three nights I lived with it.

Breakfast was a mix of western and chinese style buffet costing RMB150 (approx £7/day) for two days (reception will offer you a voucher for two days). I would have preferred to try some of the local restaurants but this was quicker and convenient as I had a lot to fit in whilst I was there.

All in all a good, reasonably priced, centrally located hotel which I'd use again if I'm back in Beijing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel has a great location - right by the Wafujing shopping street, walking distance to the subway, close to Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square, and across the street from a 7 Eleven, Mcdonalds, a delicious dumpling restaurant and more.

Our room was not sparking clean but it was clean and comfortable enough. There were a few stains on the carpet and on the bed skirt. It was easy to ignore those stains. The room felt slightly dusty but for being in Beijing, the room is clean. I felt comfortable being in the room and sleeping there. The free wifi worked in the rooms just fine. But, our A/C was either not working or not powerful enough. We were hardly in the room during the day and the room cooled off during the nighttime so it wasn't that big of a deal to us. We stayed here for three nights.

The staff was helpful. I forgot to bring an converter/adapter for my blow dryer and they brought one to my room which was nice and convenient. Sometimes a staff member didn't understand us so another had to assist us. It was understandable seeing as how there is a huge language barrier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid-April. 2 rooms. The rooms were kind of dusty, especially by the windows. Otherwise it was mostly clean, and mostly functional. The beds were hard, which doesn't bother me but a couple of others in our group thought they were too hard. Room was average size, and the bathroom, while a tad small, worked fine. Good hotel location.

My big complaint was that the A/C didn't work well, in either room. While it felt like a little cool air was coming out, it was very little (if any). I need a cool room to sleep so I struggled the first night. It was probably 23C (73F) in there all night. The 2nd night we left the window open hoping it would cool the room, but it didn't. All we got were traffic sounds all night.

I would have rated this 3 stars if the A/C had worked, but without the A/C working it was only a 2. What was frustrating is that the elevator lobby on our 5th floor (as well as the hotel lobby) were nice and cool. The A/C worked just fine in those areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

we stayed in this hotel with my family for 7 nights . we were all pleased and content. the staff of the hotel were very helpful and friendly specially concierge part . they helped us a lot. by their suggestions my trip was so great. location of hotel is great ,2 minutes by walk to wanfujing street.
the rooms were clean. breakfast is average .

Room Tip: high floors are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The location is just perfect, so if its a holiday then this is the place to be (Forbidden City is near-by). 7-11 is just opposite to the entrance, and just 2 minutes away is a underground super market (the entrance is pretty much a mystery though). The staff are pretty brisk, though English spoken by very few (mostly spoken by the Front Desk Staff) they are willing to help you in any way they can. Rooms are ok and its pretty clean.
But need to be careful about the Pimps & all the Scams (Lets Have Tea/Coffee, Want To Practice English, Selling Art, Fake 100 RMB). One group of 4 Prostitutes tried to taunt us and pick up a fight when we declined their offer. So before going be aware of all the scams.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family