“I loved it!”

Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.00*
and up
Beijing Tour: the Forbidden City, Hongqiao Market, Acrobatic Show and Gourmet...
Ranked #41 of 1,606 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: This is Beijing’s largest and most popular market for pearl jewelry (notably freshwater pearls), clothing and luggage.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Aviano, Italy
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I loved it!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went here yesterday with my husband and it was a great experience. I read reviews here...some good and some bad but took a chance since we needed to do dome shopping while in Beijing and I'm happy that I did. I got a nice set of pearls (2 different sets) and she made matching earrings and bracelets for each. I went on the 4th floor to Sharon's and didn't regret it. I worked my way down to the lower floors...a lot of aggressive people trying to sell you goods but if you know how to bargain, you van get a great steal on electronics, jewelry, purses, make-up, etc. we had to buy 2 back packs to carry everything back to the room. Wish that I could go back again today but will be traveling and leaving Beijing this afternoon! I say that this place is definitely worth a visit!!

Visited August 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nothing much”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have went there with high hopes to buy lots of goods but to my disappointment there isn't much things there. The sellers are aggressive. The quoted price are high, of cos you can negotiate for lower price but to me is meaningless. Why do I need to negotiate something I know they priced it high for your negotiation? Is it worth it ? Do you need it? Think yourself.....

Singapore, Singapore
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Ugly shopping experience”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very aggressive selling and the need to negotiate aggressively, put me off shopping there, and it is not exactly cheap.

2 Thank JasonHanis
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“High Level Pressure”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There are better markets than this one. These sellers are really high pressure got chased down the building by desperate sellers unless you like this avoid it. Quality of goods not good in a lot of cases

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Con P
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Good market”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Amazing market with a huge variety of goods available. Pearls are a big part of this market and Ru PeiPei on the top floor, down a hallway just off the lobby. Bargaining is a way of life for the Chinese and they expect you to bargain.

Visited July 2014