Holiday Inn Central Plaza
Jiaomei Hotel(Beijing)
Junyi Hotel(Beijing)
Dianpei Hotel(Beijing)
View Hotel
All reviewstravel china guidecurrency exchange machinebreakfast buffetmutianyu great wallexcellent hotelthe executive loungetour guidesummer palacetourist siteshong kongconcierge staffthe nearest subway stationenglish speaking stafftaxischinesetempleheaven
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Recently spent a week in Beijing at The Holiday Inn Central Plaza. Being our first trip to China we were very uncertain of how to book our toursa nd what highlights we could fit in when we were only there for a week.
After contacting several travel agencies we only becam more confused so we contacted the Hotel by email and asked for help through their concierge, Storm.
We have travelled extensively in many countries but Storm's service and attention to detail is unsurpassed. He personally ensures that all your arrangements will deliver the expectations that you have from making sure your picked up at the airport , ensuring your individual tours meet your expectations and that delivery to and from the hotel is within arrangements.
If you travelling to Beijing, don't look any further if you wish your visit to have that special quality that makes the holiday a memorable one. If you want it, Strom can arrange it.
On behalf of our party I w ould like to that Storm for his excellent service.
We will be back !

Ross Jan Lyn and Lenore

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank ross n
Reviewed 13 December 2011

In August, I traveled to Beijing with my three children. I choose the Holiday Inn Central plaza because of the wonderful reviews of the concierge, Storm. Traveling alone with three children, I wanted to make sure that I had someone reliable to help us with any problems or issues we may have encountered. I was not disappointed in my choice! Storm was unbelievable and he was even better than all of the rave reviews he has received on Tripadvisor. Storm went above and beyond on a regular basis. He met was us daily and helped us plan our day, complete with transportation needs, cautions and sight seeing tips.

Seeing the Great Wall is a highlight for every trip to China. Storm took the day off, rented a van and took us to visit two sections of the wall. After the first section, he organized lunch at a local farmers house. We enjoyed a feast of fresh fish and many other authentic Chinese dishes. For the second section of the wall, Storm arranged for the village medicine woman to escort us. We walked though walnut and plum orchards to a remote section of the wall. After exploring a guard tower, we continued uphill to a spring where we enjoyed cool spring water, fresh fruit and nuts and a wonderful view of the mountains and the great wall. After coming down from the mountain we were treated to tea and moon cakes at another villagers house. It was truly an unforgettable experience for my family.

That was just one of the many wonderful experiences that Storm planned for us. Every day was another exciting, magnificent adventure! We spent a day traveling by rickshaw, visited an orphanage, took a bullet train to see the breathtaking Longmen grottoes, walked through the Pagoda Forest at Shaolin, and viewed first hand the incredible Terracotta soldiers. Every step of the way, Storm was there for us. He went after work to get our train tickets, arranged for a tour guide and hotel when we traveled out of Beijing and even arranged for us to spend our last night at the home of the village medicine woman, Zhang. Zhang prepared a home cooked farmers feast for us and gave us a fabulous tour of her village.

My children and I both agree that our trip to china was a thrilling and an eye opening experience. We could not have experienced China as we did, if it were not for the dedication and expertise of Storm. Our remarkable trip was due largely to Storms invaluable knowledge of the country, culture and people. I cannot say enough about Storm. He is truly a professional in every sense of the word and knows what to do and see in Beijing. If you are going to Beijing than you must go and see Storm Li. He will make sure that your trip will be as awe-inspiring as ours was!

Room Tip: Email Storm Li the concierge prior to your trip and he will arrange for transportation to the hotel from the airport.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Syhaja
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I went to China last month our first hotel was this, we love it, it is so clean, the rooms are spacious, the food is delicious specially the pizza but the best was the stuff because I had a trouble with a booking that I had done before travelling there, so Storm help us a lot, he arrange a beautiful trip around Beijing and Other places in China, at the beginning we didn´t know how to take the train he took us to the place we were going paying by himself around 500 Yuang, his kindness surprise us. Before we finish our trip we decided to stay other few days in this lovely hotel, I totally recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea A
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The hotel is bland but offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of beijing life. My room was large with a view of a car park. The hotel is two miles south west of Tiananmen Square and a mile away from the subway, however the depot for the number 10 bus is located just around the block. For 1 Yuan (10p) this busy bus will take you into the heart of beijing (thanks to the concierge for this advice). I never used the hotel restaurant because the price was too expensive. You can eat for a fraction of the price close by, but you'll need to know how to order in chinese because no one speaks in english and all the menus are written in chinese

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank YorkshireSimon
Reviewed 26 November 2011

my family stayed at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing for 3 nights in October and it was great. The room was very modern and large.The beds were very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to China. Our best experiences were due to our concierge Storm. My daughter describes Storm as the best man in China. He arranged all our tours. He made the best arrangements for us and was always happy and willing to accomodate our schedule. He is exceptional. We thank the Hotel for offering the services of Storm to it's guests, he made our stay absolutely wonderful. Our main reason for going to Beijing, China for 2 days, was to visit the Great Wall, but we also got to visit the Ming tombs and the Silk Market, and enjoyed peking duck and Hot pot dinners.Our kids had a most enjoyable Fall Break. Thanks to Storm and thanks to Holiday inn express,beijing.

Room Tip: the rooms are large enough for a family of 4(parents, with 2 kids) we were concerned if we could all fit in the same room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family