Travelling with young children? Stay here! We decided to take our three kids (ages 7, 5 and just 3) on a cultural holiday to China. We had an eventful, interesting and wonderful time and the Holiday Inn was just perfect for us. Everyone there was wonderful - and especially nice to our children, the restaurant staff (thank you Anna from St Petersberg - our kids loved you) couldn't do enough for us and made us feel so welcome - no matter what the crazy request. We met the famous Storm, who is a master at realising if you need his help or not and a real gem if you need advice on what to see or where to go.
The rooms and the hotel itself are just a nice hotel - like any other nice hotel - tastefully decorated, everything works, the bathrooms are clean and well-stocked with toilettries, the linen smells nice and the beds are big and comfortable - oh and it is quiet - no paper thin walls here. Personally I don't need anything else from a hotel. (Want? Maybe, but need? No.)
BUT. What makes this place really special is that there are really, really nice people working here. The training must be amazing - either that or they are all super happy about something. They looked after us so well, we spent ages in the restaurant and ended up (very dull of us) eating every breakfast and dinner there because it was just so easy and pleasant (and our kids love buffets!).
Don't expect a glamorous marble palace - but wouldn't you rather be somewhere with lovely staff who seem to really care about what they do?
If I had to say something constructive I would say that I'd love to see the pool a couple of degrees warmer (because I am a wimp and it was freezing in Beijing) and the changing rooms given a facelift to match the rest of the hotel - they look a bit sad. Also, the massage menu was rather cryptic and the massage I had was good but I had no idea what I was letting myself in for - more description might have been good.
We had a great time here - really recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing