We just came back from a long trip through China, where it ended with a three day sojourn in Beijing at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza. From check-in onwards, we had nothing but a wonderful experience. Staff was attentive, had great command of English, and the concierge was more than helpful (a special shout-out to David, who really went out of his way to ensure we were taken care of in and out of the hotel).
The hotel is located about a 5-8 minute cab ride from the subway station, and is about a 10-15 minute walk (depending on how tall you are, I suppose). Use the subway system if you can - it is super easy and everything is written in English. Otherwise, most of the key tourist areas are about a 15-25 minute cab ride away (Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, etc.). Summer Palace was about a 30 minute cab ride - cost us around 50 RMB one way.
There is a great restaurant just a block away called 'Youth Restaurant'. Great food and great service there as well. There are also two supermarkets nearby so you can grab things in bulk if needed (i.e. water, snacks, cheap beer, etc.).
Make sure to book your room with the breakfast included. We found the breakfast to be quite tasty with numerous options available.
What would have really topped this part of the trip off was free internet. :-\
Bottom line - if you are looking for a 4 star hotel for under a $100 USD/night, you need to stay here. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, IHG, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing