“Classy, slightly fussy business hotel”
Review of Conrad Beijing

Conrad Beijing
Ranked #39 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
Mystic
“Classy, slightly fussy business hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Location is on the east side of the city (3rd ring road) - close to the airport highway and rail link but it's in the Central Business District - a long way from the usual tourist spots and the least Chinese place in China. The only walkable destination is the "village" - a high-cost, global brand mall (even Starbucks is there) backing onto a slightly seedy restaurant / bar district popular with young Westerners. The hotel is everything you expect in a four/five star in Asia. Hordes of over-attentive staff (expect two people to compete for the honor of opening a door for you and at least three people to say "welcome back" every time you enter the lobby). The bedroom and large bathroom are really nice and packed with technology. Super comfortable bed and no noise disturbance. Top tip: the light and curtain controls are in a drop down panel in the bedside cabinet. Great workstation with universal power outlets, USB etc. Hi-speed wifi is 120 Yuen per 24-hours, slow wifi is free in the public spaces.
Breakfast is a challenge. You can search for lots of Asian and Western stuff scattered along a long row of shelves (the library?) then you find out they offer omelettes, noodles etc from the a la carte. Good for foodies, I guess, but something of a challenge if you're not a morning person.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shuffleoff
Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing and sharing your comments regarding our hotel locations, guest rooms, breakfast and service.

It is only with detailed comments like yours could help us to improve. Your feedbacks have been well communicated to the management team. Rest assured that appropriate measure will be taken and better training would be implemented to our team members in order to improve your future experience.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Beijing in the near future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stylish interior Design and top quality equipment and furniture in the hotel room. My room on 11th floor was very spacious: huge bed ( very comfortable) large desk with comfortably placed sockets, large bathroom with tub and shower. The bathroom can be divided with extra doors. Highlights: japanese style toilet and tv built-in in bathroom mirror ( although I did not use it). Large Tv with 30 channels incl 10 or so in english. Swnmmengpool and fitness room are also in good shape and very well equipped. Another big plus I can recommend is the breakfast. Huge variety and the food is placed in a 3-storry library. Cool! The only drawback I can come up with is - it may sound strange - is the service: there are so many service people which always want to assist you with something that , for western people, it can be annyoing. And ontop of that, often the try to overdo it, e.g. During breakfast you almost cant grab anything on your own without being noticed by servicepeople. But that is something you experience in many chenese hotels. OVERALL, fantastic stay, would come back anytime. Stayed there for business, but for any it is fine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and shared your positive comments regarding our hotel guestrooms, breakfast and swiming pool.

Rest assured your comments regarding the service have been sent to our management team and appropriate measures will be taken to improve your future experience.

We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Conrad Beijing soon.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This review is for 29Grill - the steakhouse at the Conrad. It does not have it's own Restaurants page.

29Grill participated in Beijing Restaurant Week 2013 and was voted Best Newcomer and for this, I thought to come and enjoy this place, while not emptying my pockets, with my best friends.
While not extraordinary or a showcase of what the kitchen should be capable of, 29Grill's kitchen team put on a well-appreciated value-for-money menu. The Greek salad, while tasty, was simple with plain lettuce topped with a smooth cube of Feta. I chose a Wagyu steak as main and although it was the tail of the loin, it was cooked tasty; hot-crispy-grilled on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside. Dessert was eh.. cakey bread with whipped cream and vanilla ice - for this Restaurant Week tasting menu really a representation of their dessert selection on the menu? However, all was well-presented and tasty. The foreign chef shows to manage his kitchen well.
With regards to the service, there is much left to be improved; there were sufficient waiters and managers around to serve all tables carefully and organized, however, me and my party felt we were rushed through our meal, offered dishes we did not ordered not only once, but twice and absolutely not recognized as Restaurant Week guests. Actually, it was my feeling that being a winner of Restaurant Week and having to do a 2nd round was actually not welcomed; a special - more expensive - wine selection was pressed on us to take with the meal, which we declined, a bottle of Perrier we ordered was poured over 4 half glasses and disappeared - 750ML in 4 half water glasses? Value your guests, don't rush your guests through 3 courses and have the manager walk out of the pantry to say hello, would be a good start in matching the service to the great food the Kitchen team is putting on the table!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comment with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the imperfect dining experience in our hotel. The qualty of service that you encountered is definitely not our standard.

Your feedbacks have been well communicated to the management. Rest assured that appropriate measure will be taken and better training would be implemented to our team members in order to improve your future experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed Conrad for 4 days during my September business trip. Everythg was arranged before hands.

I arrived around 2am. Receptionist welcomed me with cheerful greeting. Checked in swiftly. Room is huge (king deluxe),great facility. My nepresso machine out of function in the morning. They fixed it when I back in the evening.

Overall a great experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Conrad Beijing during your trip to the capital city.

We are delighted to hear your positive feedback regarding our service and room facilities. Your comments has also been shared with the team.

Should your journeys bring you back to Beijing, our team and I look forward to welcoming you back and continually providing “The Luxury of Being Yourself” experience.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 13 September 2013

we choose the grill restaurant for a birthday celebration dinner with a group of 10 friends and had an outstanding dinner.

My enquiry for a special menu with wine pairing was very well executed by the German Director of Food & Beverage.

The whole group enjoyed the amazing food personally presented by the foreign chef as well as the good service of the restaurant crew.

We will definetly come back....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Steffen,

Thank you for chosing Conrad Beijing to celebrate this very special occasion. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience and appreciated our food and servcie.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 September 2013

i stayed in Conrad for 4 days from 2nd Sept 2014 to 5th Sept. Overall stay and service experience is wonderful. i checked in in the midnight(around 1am). Lobby staff welcome us in cheerful smile. We then check in quickly through simple and fast process. As this is a business trip and i have a chance to stay in a really luxury King deluxe room. The very first glance in my room is good enough to blow away my tiredness after 6 hours flight. i spent most of my evening time in hotel after a day of training. In room facilities are user friendly and easy to operate. Maybe there are too many cabinets and drawer in the room i took quite a long time to find the hairdryer which kept in the inner side of bathroom drawer. i love the huge bathtub and thermal warm floor! Although the nepresso machine was out of function but they fixed before i back to room. I would definately recommend Conrad to my friends and worth to be visited!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the rooms are great along with a very different "library" where you have breakfast. We also held a function here for 200 people and it was very well handled and food was very good.

• Stayed July 2013
Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and gave a high appraisal to our hotel roomsand and restaurants.