I stayed here just after the hotel opened so hopefully things would have picked up a little since I was there.
There is much hype about this place and the art etc, however from a hotel perspective it is a little over rated.
- Great art work around
- Good location, shops close by
- Quirky small things in room (gun light, glass windows in bathroom, 3d TV (although wasnt working during my stay).
- Staff helpful (if maybe a little too much - a fine balance)
- Pricey for what you get
- The standard rooms are really quite small comparing what you can get elsewhere in the city for the same price, so if you are there for more than a night or two it starts to feel a little claustrophobic.
- The air con was not working at all during my time there which made the rooms very warm indeed. A fan was provided, and I understand this is influenced by the government re switching it on and time of year, but regardless should be addressed to minimize the impact for guests
- Room Service - was there any? No idea - no menu in room.
- It feels a little like an extension of a shopping mall (which it is) rather than a hotel in its own right. Lounge, breakfast area a little 'office like' (aside from the art work of course).
All in all the biggest selling point is its location and art. From a stand alone hotel perspective, take out the art and location, and it would be a 3.5 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gleaming glass pyramid envelopes Hotel Eclat which is part of the architecturally striking Parkview Green development in Fangcaodi with designer boutiques, restaurants and cinemas. Modern, light and wonderfully spacious, this all-suite boutique hotel has a fitness centre and a stunning contemporary art collection.This has to be one of the city’s most elegant hotels and the keyword here is privacy. The rooms are inordinately generous, many with a private terrace and some with their own pool. A truly astounding art collection includes pieces by Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol and Zeng Fangzhi.Our luxury Beijing accommodations are designed to surround you with style, but also equipped with the latest technology to meet the demands of today’s traveler -including fast and free Wi-Fi and high speed internet to help you stay connected to the world. 24-hour access to Éclat Lounge with complimentary breakfast buffet, all day light refreshments and a delicious selection of afternoon canapés. Complimentary Wi-Fi and broadband access. Panasonic massage chair. Separate rainforest shower and bathtub. Bang & Olufsen audio system. IPod/ iPhone dock. Oversized 3D LCD TV with Blu-Ray DVD. Access to CD and DVD library. LCD TV in bathroom. Exclusive Miller Harris London bathroom amenities. Complimentary Illy capsule coffee and Revolution Tea selection. Complimentary mini-bar, branded mineral water. In-room Bar with a full range of beverages and Riedel glassware.The joy of staying here is the accessibility to designer shopping and a wealth of restaurants. Located in the heart of the Embassy District, the hotel is also within easy reach of the major city attractions and after a busy day sightseeing, the clubs and bars of Sanlitun are virtually on the doorstep.Convenient location with shopping, restaurants on the doorstep, spacious accommodation, suites with private pool, superb art collection, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Eclat Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.