“Wonderful service”

Ranked #2 of 6,517 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons for my birthday as a special treat, even though we live one block away. From the second we checked in to our check out we were thoroughly impressed by the service, as well as the look and feel of the hotel. The room was beautiful, and very comfortable. My only complaint was that it faced east, and in the morning the light in the bathroom was insanely bright - the bathroom needs curtains! We had dinner at the hotel's Italian restaurant Mio, which was delicious and will get a separate review. When we returned to our room later in the evening there was a card wishing me a happy birthday (the restaurant must have notified the hotel management), and telling me to call downstairs to have the birthday cake they'd prepared for me delivered to my room.

We live in Beijing and once a month or so stay in a local hotel for the night, and this by far is the nicest one we've stayed in. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have a much better view than rooms facing east - where another tall building is un...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Quart C,

We are very pleased that you chose to celebrate your birthday with Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and that you had a pleasant experience during your stay. As I understand that you live in Beijing, we would be more than happy to welcome you to our hotel again so that you may also try our other facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require anything. Have a great day. Best Wishes, Sanjiv Hulugalle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Upon check in, greeted and swiftly taken to upgraded room...this was very nice! Had problems with car and driver as no English speaking drivers available. I would have expected better restaurant choices as we opted to eat 99% of our meals in the hotel due to the bird flu. The cafe in the lobby was very disappointing as we were served microwaved scallops from the Chinese restaurant upstairs. Upon our departure, hotel representative was there to help with check in...this was very nice also. I will choose another hotel for my next visit to Beijing.

Executive lounge staff was excellent. They were really 5+ star!

Dear TataPaloAlto,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We are very sorry to learn that you encountered some unpleasant experience during the stay. To assure you, I will share this comment with the rest of the team and I will see to it that the F&B situation you mentioned is looked into. We hope very much to welcome you to our hotel again on your next visit to Beijing. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle.
Oregon
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Booked one night and ended up staying four nights in an Ambassador Suite. Lovely corner accommodation facing north and east with privileges in the Executive Lounge.. Big windows and lots of light.

The hotel fits one's image of a Four Seasons property: tasteful, high quality furnishings, lots of room. This property has more Chinese touches than most new five-star hotels in the PRC. Nothing garish or trendy: no electronic toilets, no windows between bedroom and bathroom so you can watch your partner use the facilities, no iPad to control lights and temps, no mood light settings. Instead, very well constructed furniture, super comfortable bed with silky soft sheets, clear wall switches for lights and curtains.

The facility is substantial and lovely, but what surprised was the staff. One doesn't expect a lot of smiles in Beijing. At this hotel, in comparison to any of the other five-star hotels in Beijing where we've stayed, the staff was the most smiling and downright friendly. Thus you have the conservative elegance of a Four Seasons and the warm, unpretentious friendliness of a much more intimate establishment.

Also, the food. Had lunch in Opus, the main restaurant, and dinner in Mio, their Italian offering. Opus had much more interesting food than other hotel main restaurants and Mio is nothing short of spectacular....both the food and the dazzling decor. One usually has to calculate the trade-off between great food and having to travel away from the hotel or the convenience of eating in the hotel but with only so-so food. Not at the Four Seasons Beijing!

My favorite in Beijing has been the St. Regis, but the new Four Seasons really stands out among the great supply of top, five-star international hotels in this city.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the extra cost, and with access to the Executive Club you can just eat all...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear SBCCA,
We greatly appreciate your effort in leaving a comment on TripAdvisor after your stay with us. We are of course delighted to read that the hotel has left a positive impression on you, I will also be sharing this wonderful comment with the rest of my team. With your support, we will continue to shower our guests with warm smiles and good service. Thank you once again and I wish you a wonderful weekend. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle.
New york
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked this hotel because of its name. Four season normally meets my expectation and needs, but not this one. I mean its still a nice hotel, but for the two nights that I stayed here, I could never get a taxi in or out. I ended up having paid one of those illegal cab to take me to downtown. (No it's not in downtown, and it is near nowhere.) I also had trouble finding food nearby. So I think the location is a big problem for this hotel. Breakfast was ok, considered its price, it could provide a little more varieties. Service is good, room not that big but bathroom is comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask a room that's away from the Main Street as it gets loud in the morning
Dear Wanderer T,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and for sharing your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfactory experience during your stay. Many visitors to Beijing have noticed the difficulty to find cabs during the city's rush hours. The hotel is working very hard to assist guests by stationing front office staff outside the hotel to help catch cabs. Thank you again for letting us know your comments. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Best regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle
New York, NY
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in... the experience was incredible, the staff goes way above and beyond, and the whole place oozes luxury and comfort.

All the spaces in the hotel are pretty perfect, though I think my favorite was the amazing pool, hot tub, and spa area. They had probably the nicest gym locker room I have ever seen, with awesome toiletries and amenities. The pool and hot tub were just glorious. And no stupid attempts to force you to buy swim caps like you get at some Asian upscale hotels.

Our room was also lovely. Really comfortable, plush furniture, awesome extra touches like postcards with scenes of Old Beijing on them. The room had free wifi (you only pay extra for the very high-speed connection). I think my favorite was the bathroom though--ENORMOUS, with huge tub, separate rain shower, separate toilet, huge sink area with great counter space, lots of toiletries, super plush towels--every detail was great. I think my only criticism of the room (and indeed, of the entire hotel) is that the bed is not quite as comfortable as it should be... pillows weren't soft, and the mattress wasn't our favorite.

We enjoyed the incredible breakfast buffet that was included in our room. It was really a cut above, everything was really high quality, and the baked goods were perfect. The croissant was excellent, the French toast was like bread pudding, and the homemade jams are lovely. We also enjoyed the Chinese dim sum options available. In addition, we had afternoon tea at the lobby lounge, and they really do it right, with tea sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, and great little desserts. Highly recommended.

This was all complimented by just such incredibly friendly, positive, and thoughtful staff. I have yet to experience such genuinely friendly service elsewhere in Beijing (I live here and stayed at the hotel as a staycation).

Location is in the embassy area by Liangmaqiao, near subway but not near much of the tourist stuff. Beijing is so huge and spread out though, so anywhere you stay you end up getting around mostly by taxi and subway.

I loved this hotel and would recommend it highly, especially to those traveling on business with an expense account or willing to splurge. It is a great experience and one that surpasses the rest of the market here by far.

Dear Katiekins570,
We are delighted to read your kind words for the hotel, it is particularly important for us to know that you had a memorable stay with us and encountered the signature Four Seasons quality service. You can rest assured that I will share with the rest of the team your very encouraging message, including the F&B team, Spa and all departments that contributed to your pleasant experience. You mentioned that in the comment that you live in Beijing, in which case, you may also like to try our other facilities. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require anything at all. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle
Beijing
Reviewed 20 April 2013

hotel is one on newest collations in city for 5 star hotel. its in more none center of CBD. other words nothing in very short walk. exceot of you have related work in area.

i will prefer park Hayyat or china world or opposite house. GYM is very nice. swim pool is very nice. but not deep enought. so not very relax to swim.

room is very nice and clean finishing but will not be one of best in city. mattres was super amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear q8engrchina,

We are pleased that you have shared with us your comment on TripAdvisor. For the convenience of our guests, we provide free shuttle bus service. The shuttle buses provide short and convenient commutes bringing guests to the CBD area as well as Sanlitun Village. For more information, our concierge would be happy to be at your assistance. With your continued support, we are confident in polishing all aspects of the guest experience. We hope to be of your service again in the future. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 17 April 2013

warm welcome from hotel reception to manager. with good smile from every staff in the hotel
Good breakfast, with wide range of food. serving good tea and congee
Nice room with soft bed, big toilet room

Dear Nelson563,

We are delighted to read the positive comment you left on TripAdvisor hotel after your stay with us. We are especially pleased to know that you have encountered the signature Four Seasons service and was greeted warmly in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you require anything at all. Wishing you a great weekend ahead. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle