Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$176
Travelocity
US$113
US$84
1,425 results
All reviewstea gardenambassador suitechinese restaurantthe executive loungethe general managerbeautiful hotelperfect staybreakfast buffethome away from homef bclub roompeking duckluxury hotelbeijing trafficspecial thanksbusiness tripconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2013

If you demand the "best" then you will find it here in Beijing.
The hotel is brand new, being completed in the fall of 2012. The design mixes contemporary with traditional Chinese elements... simply "spectacular."
The amenities are even better... we experienced two exceptional restaurants right in the hotel... Chinese and, yes... Italian. "Wow" is the only description.
We loved the Tea Room and spa. You have to experience it to understand the luxury and pampering.
The mini suite made us feel so comfortable, and the bedding soothed us to sleep after fun-filled days and evenings exploring Beijing.
Now to the best part... the staff. We have traveled to over 60 countries and have never been "spoiled" by a staff so attentive and caring. They make you fell "right at home."
Simply stated... "This is a great hotel... World Class."

Room Tip: Every room is the same... wonderful. The corner suite with additional windows a second bathroom is worth the additional cost. We stayed in room 2010.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Richard E,
We are delighted to read your comment on TripAdvisor, knowing that you have enjoyed your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. We are pleased to know that you have positive comments for the various outlets and amenities of the hotel. Most importantly, we are pleased to learn that the staff made an impact during your stay and left a good impression on you. Thank you once again for leaving with us an encouraging comment. Have a good week ahead. Best Wishes, Sanjiv Hulugalle

Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons for my birthday as a special treat, even though we live one block away. From the second we checked in to our check out we were thoroughly impressed by the service, as well as the look and feel of the hotel. The room was beautiful, and very comfortable. My only complaint was that it faced east, and in the morning the light in the bathroom was insanely bright - the bathroom needs curtains! We had dinner at the hotel's Italian restaurant Mio, which was delicious and will get a separate review. When we returned to our room later in the evening there was a card wishing me a happy birthday (the restaurant must have notified the hotel management), and telling me to call downstairs to have the birthday cake they'd prepared for me delivered to my room.

We live in Beijing and once a month or so stay in a local hotel for the night, and this by far is the nicest one we've stayed in. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have a much better view than rooms facing east - where another tall building is under construction.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Quart C,

We are very pleased that you chose to celebrate your birthday with Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and that you had a pleasant experience during your stay. As I understand that you live in Beijing, we would be more than happy to welcome you to our hotel again so that you may also try our other facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require anything. Have a great day. Best Wishes, Sanjiv Hulugalle.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Upon check in, greeted and swiftly taken to upgraded room...this was very nice! Had problems with car and driver as no English speaking drivers available. I would have expected better restaurant choices as we opted to eat 99% of our meals in the hotel due to the bird flu. The cafe in the lobby was very disappointing as we were served microwaved scallops from the Chinese restaurant upstairs. Upon our departure, hotel representative was there to help with check in...this was very nice also. I will choose another hotel for my next visit to Beijing.

Executive lounge staff was excellent. They were really 5+ star!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear TataPaloAlto,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We are very sorry to learn that you encountered some unpleasant experience during the stay. To assure you, I will share this comment with the rest of the team and I will see to it that the F&B situation you mentioned is looked into. We hope very much to welcome you to our hotel again on your next visit to Beijing. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Booked one night and ended up staying four nights in an Ambassador Suite. Lovely corner accommodation facing north and east with privileges in the Executive Lounge.. Big windows and lots of light.

The hotel fits one's image of a Four Seasons property: tasteful, high quality furnishings, lots of room. This property has more Chinese touches than most new five-star hotels in the PRC. Nothing garish or trendy: no electronic toilets, no windows between bedroom and bathroom so you can watch your partner use the facilities, no iPad to control lights and temps, no mood light settings. Instead, very well constructed furniture, super comfortable bed with silky soft sheets, clear wall switches for lights and curtains.

The facility is substantial and lovely, but what surprised was the staff. One doesn't expect a lot of smiles in Beijing. At this hotel, in comparison to any of the other five-star hotels in Beijing where we've stayed, the staff was the most smiling and downright friendly. Thus you have the conservative elegance of a Four Seasons and the warm, unpretentious friendliness of a much more intimate establishment.

Also, the food. Had lunch in Opus, the main restaurant, and dinner in Mio, their Italian offering. Opus had much more interesting food than other hotel main restaurants and Mio is nothing short of spectacular....both the food and the dazzling decor. One usually has to calculate the trade-off between great food and having to travel away from the hotel or the convenience of eating in the hotel but with only so-so food. Not at the Four Seasons Beijing!

My favorite in Beijing has been the St. Regis, but the new Four Seasons really stands out among the great supply of top, five-star international hotels in this city.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the extra cost, and with access to the Executive Club you can just eat all your meals up there at no extra cost!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear SBCCA,
We greatly appreciate your effort in leaving a comment on TripAdvisor after your stay with us. We are of course delighted to read that the hotel has left a positive impression on you, I will also be sharing this wonderful comment with the rest of my team. With your support, we will continue to shower our guests with warm smiles and good service. Thank you once again and I wish you a wonderful weekend. Best Regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked this hotel because of its name. Four season normally meets my expectation and needs, but not this one. I mean its still a nice hotel, but for the two nights that I stayed here, I could never get a taxi in or out. I ended up having paid one of those illegal cab to take me to downtown. (No it's not in downtown, and it is near nowhere.) I also had trouble finding food nearby. So I think the location is a big problem for this hotel. Breakfast was ok, considered its price, it could provide a little more varieties. Service is good, room not that big but bathroom is comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask a room that's away from the Main Street as it gets loud in the morning
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Wanderer T,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and for sharing your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfactory experience during your stay. Many visitors to Beijing have noticed the difficulty to find cabs during the city's rush hours. The hotel is working very hard to assist guests by stationing front office staff outside the hotel to help catch cabs. Thank you again for letting us know your comments. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Best regards, Sanjiv Hulugalle