“Great location, excellent front desk service”

Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
Ranked #2 of 6,527 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My flight landed at around 7am in the morning. Since I only had a backpack with me, I took the train to the hotel, which was super easy and convenient. I believe the hotel was a short 5-6 blocks from the train station. I was really early for check-in and my room wasn't ready yet, but the front desk receptionist made a few calls and within the time i had breakfast at the hotel, my room was ready.

The decor of the hotel lobby and restaurants were exceptional. The room itself was a little more run down than I expected. For example, the glass in the shower had some smear marks on the bottom and the walls in the bathroom also looked a little beaten.

The hotel and brand is relatively new to Beijing so many taxi drivers won't know how to get there. The hotel recognized this and told us to tell the taxi drivers that it's next to Kimpinski.

The doormen were really nice and hailed taxis for us in the middle of winter. The one complaint we had was one of our taxi drivers didn't know how to get to the Kung Fu show and while our doorman tried to give him directions (frankly, I am not sure our doorman knew where it was because he kept repeating the same thing to our driver in a frustrated manner) we didn't make it to the show in time and had to forfeit it.

We traveled in December of 2013.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M H
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear M H,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences.

I am glad to learn that you found the hotel's design appealing. Thank you for the compliments on our staff at check-in and driveway. Also, I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback with the concerns experienced with the bathroom and the doorman.
Your comments are valuable as we strive to be the very best.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our special Four Seasons Hotel Beijing in the future!

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Beijing

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Ever since this hotel was begun to be built, I followed the progress and stayed thereafter in it. Used to stay in opposite Kempinski.
The Four Season is a very comfortable hotel with excellent rooms and facilities. Very friendly staff and personalized service. My choice to stay in Beijing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank whhamburg
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear whhamburg,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, services and the friendliness of our staffs. We are committed to deliver customized service to every guests and to create memorable stays.
It is a great honor to be your preferred choice of hotel in Beijing.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Was in town for only one night on business, and wish I could have stayed longer. Had wonderful service from the moment I walked in the door - made everything go super smoothly and easily. Lovely room and got where I needed to go.

2  Thank J G
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear J G,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beijing as your preferred hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing this comment with the rest of my team who have worked hard to perfect the guest experience. And we wish to have you staying longer next time.

If your travel brings you back to our way in future please let us know by writing to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Andrew De Brito (Andrew.debrito@fourseasons.com). We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and be at your service again and again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons for a week, and from the time we checked in, until the time we left the staff and service was incredible. The attention to detail, cleanliness, and food were excellent. Mio is a fantastic Italian Restaurant, Michelin Chef Marco Calenzo from Florence (his mother was cooking with him for 2 weeks, a staff member took a photo of us with Mamma and had it framed and hand delivered prior to our check out). The local staff members were so helpful making it easy to travel around Beijing, and the staff individuals from Spain, Belgium, California, and Calgary made the experience exceptional - WOW! was a common word used in describing the experience.

3  Thank RayCtravel
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear RayCtravel,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and sharing this fantastic review of your stay. We are pleased to discover that you had a good time with us, especially the meal “Be a MAMMONI” in Mio, Chef Marco will be happy to know that you enjoyed the food from his lovely MAMA who taught him all the delicious secret of home-style Italian cuisine. We truly appreciate your kind praises, and I will be sure to share them with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay as your home away from home.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons hotel last week and it was terrific coming from a late flight. The bed was soft and the bathroom was bright and big. My favorite part was enjoying the breakfast in the Opus lounge the next morning. Everyone was friendly and helpful and so I had a terrific stay!

2  Thank jamiljuma
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear jjuma123,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with customized and gracious service delivery, and I am delighted that we were successful in achieving this for you. It will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to the Opus team as I know they will love to learn how our guests enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you in our direction.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We love the Four Seasons franchise and this was a good one....Service top drawer, rooms comfortable and Chinese Restaurant very nice.
My only complaint is the music downstairs throughout the lobby restaurant, which is too loud and a Bosanova ( constant Bosanova) is not providing the proper ambience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank motownammain

Dear motownanmain,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent visit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, thank you for recommending Cai Yi Xuan – our Chinese restaurant to fellow TripAdvisor users. Your valuable feedback in regards to the music has been used and the volume adjusted. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

One of the best hotels I haved stayed.Nothing like it .Was there during christmas.Rooms spic and span.excellent spa and jacuzzi. Excellent massage in room after a long travel.Good excelelnt breakfast spread

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DrRoyTVL

Dear DrRoyTVL,

We are honored that you chose to spend Christmas here with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything and that you were able to have a relaxing time at the Spa – a true getaway in the heart of our vibrant city.

We look forward to seeing you here again at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing.