“Fabulous oasis in uber-urban, over-bustling Beijing”

Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
Ranked #1 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at this beautiful, elegant hotel where service begins with a capital S. We were treated like royalty from the moment we checked in throughout each of the four days we bunked there. The breakfast buffet, included in our room rate, was amazing with more offerings than you can ever imagine. Because we stayed in an Ambassador Suite, we had access to the 26th floor Ambassador Club which offered an open bar and heavy buffet each night. It was a wonderful break after a busy day of sightseeing to kick-back with a cocktail and the great views. The club seemed a popular place for late-afternoon business meetings as well. And the service here again was attentive and thoughtful. Although our trip was leisure, this hotel is also geared for the business traveler as we shared the breakfast buffet with numerous business travelers. The spa and pool fantastic as was the beautiful tea salon.

Room Tip: Ambassador suites are large and sunny with spectacular baths. Yes, plural. Our suite had one and a h...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear ShelbyH648,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. Your compliments on the performance of the hotel service and facilities are highly appreciated. Next time if you come back to stay with us in Summer, please ensure to take a moment to experience the Executive Club Terrace, it will allow you to have a relaxing time with a fabulous view of Beijing. And I’m sure your recommendation will encourage more leisure and business travelers to come to visit Beijing and stay with us.

I hope it won't take long to welcome you back to the hotel. Should there be anything that we can do to enhance your next experience with us, please do not hesitate to write to me directly (sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com). Hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards

Sanjiv Hulugalle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed four nights as part of a recent sightseeing tour. The hotel is beautiful and modern. Our room was very comfortable, with a large bath and multi-country electrical outlets. Fast Wi-Fi. Service all around was top notch. They even made a small repair on my wife's sandal for us! The indoor pool was quiet and a lovely place to relax at the end of the day. There are two restaurants; we tried the Italian which was terrific. For more restaurant variety in cuisine and price the Kempinksi next store is a two minute walk. There is a terrific breakfast buffet which you should plan on. Again, service there is great when it comes to your coffee or preparing your omelet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald O

Dear Ronald O,

Thank you for sharing your valuable review. I’m glad that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and services. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have chance to experience our award winning Italian Restaurant – Mio.

Please feel free to drop me an email (sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com ) when you travel to Beijing again, and we will not only serve you with great coffee and omelet, but also impress you with our incredible food creation at Cai Yi Xuan and Mio.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

If I could give this hotel 10 stars, I would. This is the one of the best hotels in the world. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. Well appointed with all amenities. Within easy walking distance to good local restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy H

Dear Cindy H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and I’m happy to know that you did enjoy the entire experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. Your nice words will be shared with the teams, and I believed they will be all highly motivated. We will keep up the good work for every guest, and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My flight landed at around 7am in the morning. Since I only had a backpack with me, I took the train to the hotel, which was super easy and convenient. I believe the hotel was a short 5-6 blocks from the train station. I was really early for check-in and my room wasn't ready yet, but the front desk receptionist made a few calls and within the time i had breakfast at the hotel, my room was ready.

The decor of the hotel lobby and restaurants were exceptional. The room itself was a little more run down than I expected. For example, the glass in the shower had some smear marks on the bottom and the walls in the bathroom also looked a little beaten.

The hotel and brand is relatively new to Beijing so many taxi drivers won't know how to get there. The hotel recognized this and told us to tell the taxi drivers that it's next to Kimpinski.

The doormen were really nice and hailed taxis for us in the middle of winter. The one complaint we had was one of our taxi drivers didn't know how to get to the Kung Fu show and while our doorman tried to give him directions (frankly, I am not sure our doorman knew where it was because he kept repeating the same thing to our driver in a frustrated manner) we didn't make it to the show in time and had to forfeit it.

We traveled in December of 2013.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M H
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear M H,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences.

I am glad to learn that you found the hotel's design appealing. Thank you for the compliments on our staff at check-in and driveway. Also, I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback with the concerns experienced with the bathroom and the doorman.
Your comments are valuable as we strive to be the very best.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our special Four Seasons Hotel Beijing in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Ever since this hotel was begun to be built, I followed the progress and stayed thereafter in it. Used to stay in opposite Kempinski.
The Four Season is a very comfortable hotel with excellent rooms and facilities. Very friendly staff and personalized service. My choice to stay in Beijing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank whhamburg
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear whhamburg,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, services and the friendliness of our staffs. We are committed to deliver customized service to every guests and to create memorable stays.
It is a great honor to be your preferred choice of hotel in Beijing.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Was in town for only one night on business, and wish I could have stayed longer. Had wonderful service from the moment I walked in the door - made everything go super smoothly and easily. Lovely room and got where I needed to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank J G
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear J G,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beijing as your preferred hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing this comment with the rest of my team who have worked hard to perfect the guest experience. And we wish to have you staying longer next time.

If your travel brings you back to our way in future please let us know by writing to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Andrew De Brito (Andrew.debrito@fourseasons.com). We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and be at your service again and again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons for a week, and from the time we checked in, until the time we left the staff and service was incredible. The attention to detail, cleanliness, and food were excellent. Mio is a fantastic Italian Restaurant, Michelin Chef Marco Calenzo from Florence (his mother was cooking with him for 2 weeks, a staff member took a photo of us with Mamma and had it framed and hand delivered prior to our check out). The local staff members were so helpful making it easy to travel around Beijing, and the staff individuals from Spain, Belgium, California, and Calgary made the experience exceptional - WOW! was a common word used in describing the experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RayCtravel
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear RayCtravel,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and sharing this fantastic review of your stay. We are pleased to discover that you had a good time with us, especially the meal “Be a MAMMONI” in Mio, Chef Marco will be happy to know that you enjoyed the food from his lovely MAMA who taught him all the delicious secret of home-style Italian cuisine. We truly appreciate your kind praises, and I will be sure to share them with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay as your home away from home.