“Precious lens on Beijing ...”

Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
Ranked #2 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Milan, Italy
“Precious lens on Beijing ...”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Four Seasons for some days at the beginning of our vacation trip 2014.
The courtesy and high quality of staff meet the highest international standard. People at the desk are very positive and make you immediately feel very comfortable.
The hotel rooms are impressive and the bathroom is a masterpiece of interior design.
All is "unique" ... We appreciated the gift of a special brush pencil (instead of the usual logo pen) to be used to experience your first Chinese writings.
Perfect service and highest quality supplies.
Concierge is to be mentioned for very good advice on trips (Great Wall) and restaurants where you can taste real Chinese food.
What else? The upper floor pool ! Where you can swim or be pressure massaged just in front of skyscrapers.
Simply perfect! We'll be back soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antonio A
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear antonio_aitoro,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

I’m glad to learn that you’ve enjoyed your recent stay very much. I feel a great sense of accomplishment that our team have done such a great job and have created an unique and memorable experience for you and your family in Beijing.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Sanjiv Hulugalle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Four Seasons Beijing for 3 nights in early August.

The room was very comfortable, everything was ready for us, a welcome card, welcome message on the TV screen, fresh fruit, bottles of complimentary water - even in the bathroom. We checked in at around midnight as our flight landed very late, and the ice bucket was still full of ice.

The staff were extremely helpful and well mannered - there's even staff at the lifts holding lift doors open for you. As I was there for business, I had couriers delivering and picking up documents. I was out one day and concierge called to say a document has arrived - by the time I went back to the hotel around 10 minutes later, it was already sitting on the desk in the room. One document was delayed and arrived three days after I checked out - however, the hotel helped track me down rather than returning it to the sender. Really appreciate the service.

Housekeeping did a great job, we had personal items and clothes lying around on chairs and on the beds, we came back and everything was all folded and stacked up, and I mean everything.

A minor disappointment though was to find out that room does not include breakfast, and it costs ¥250 extra per person per day. Also, the staff at the front door would try to hail taxis for you, but at peak hour, it is best to just walk straight out to the main road and hail one yourself - the taxis won't come into the hotel. There is a subway station across the road from the hotel, best advice is to take the subway for ¥2 flat rate if no taxis would stop for you.

I left for Fairmont Beijing after the first 3 nights because it had a higher rating on trip advisor than Four Seasons, but I truly think that Four Seasons greatly outperformed Fairmont Beijing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Natalie L,

Thank you for staying with us, I am glad to learn that you've had a nice experience and many of our staffs have done a great job in taking good care of you in their respective areas.

We have implemented an App called "Kuai Di" in our Concierge's IPAD to help solve the taxi issue, it works very well and it really shorten the time for getting a taxi during peak hours. As you mentioned as well, it takes only 5 minutes to get to the nearest subway station from the hotel, which can be also a good option to travel in Beijing.

Once again thank you for giving us this valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Sanjiv Huluaglle
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Right from in-room check in to personalized room cards and in-room personalized treats, my stay at the Four Seasons, Beijing was fabulous! Everyone is super helpful and courteous!!!

We wanted to try out the bullet train and they also arranged for the tickets! Amazing experience - brilliant!!! Just book - you cant go wrong with the staff and the experience at Four Seasons, Beijing!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear DeepaSapatnekar,

Thank you for sharing such an encouraging feedback with us.

Being the leading luxury hospitality with unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality and most genuine and customized service, I truly believe that the anticipatory service that we provide will be expected and valued by our guest around the world.

Thank you for your confidence in us by recommending others to book us. I am happy to learn that you had an excellent experience during your stay with us. and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in your next visit to Beijing!

Warmest Regards,

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 29 July 2014

During our recent stay at the Four Seasons, we experienced the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is very modern with dramatic public areas. An excellent buffet breakfast is served in the two story space in the rear of the lobby. Our room on the 25th floor offered a wonderful view of modern Beijing. Although nicely furnished with a terrific bed, the room was smaller than other Four Seasons I have stayed in. The bathroom was beautiful with a large picture window over the tub.
Even though the Hotel is located away from the heart of Beijing; as it is located next to a ring road, getting around by car was fairly easy if any driving is easy on the horribly congested roads of Beijing. Even so the ride to Tiananmen Square was not very long.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear napoli96,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your recommendation on the breakfast at Opus.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Perrine, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I recently stayed 11 nights for business. While the room and facilities are all great, what stands out about the Four Seasons is the staff and service. These days there are many hotels that can likely match the Four Seasons facilities, but I doubt there are many that can match the personal attention. By my second day, the host was welcoming me personally by name for breakfast. Whether at the gym or in any of the restaurants and request was met promptly and precisely.

The hotel is very convenient to the CBD and Embassy area as well as Sanlitun. While taxis are notoriously difficult to grab at peak times, the staff again was very helpful in hailing them from the street. The gym facility with steam room and sauna was impeccably clean. The room service offerings were also above average though I felt the western offerings were not quite as well prepared as the Chinese food.

Of course, nothing is perfect and I thought a little more attention could have been paid to cleaning my room. For example, each day I would have a coffee delivered with my wake up call. At least half the time I returned to the room at the end of the day the empty cup and tray were still there. Also, my first day at the hotel my room had fresh fruit. It stayed in the the room until it was no longer fresh and I finally left it in the hallway to be taken away. None of this subtracted from my stay but could be improved upon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank badwaiter
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear badwaiter,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it’s always been a pleasure to read the reviews from our guests. I have acknowledged your valuable comments on the service efficiency in the guestroom and we will really look into it and share the information with the team. We are here to meet your every needs, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to experience the upgraded Four Seasons's service.

Best Regards,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful with great service. We stayed five nights and had club access which is worth the cost. The suite was large clean and up to date.the club room was awesome all day long high quality food and happy hour the wine flows. Steve who was our host at four seasons in the club room made our stay awesome. The gym and pool are large with plenty of machines and beautiful with pool and view of the city. The club room also has an outside deck overlooking city.
We used the house car a nice new Audi and driver with basic English. Worth the extra cost over a taxi. Our mandarin was limited but most everyone at hotel spoke some English or would get someone who spoke.

This is a must stay location in Beijing.

Room Tip: Get the club room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank entboy2013
Dear entboy2013,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us, I’m glad to learn that you’ve enjoyed our facilities and services. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Sydney
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the Beijing Four Season last week with our daughter. This is a beautiful hotel with excellent food but the staff make it an even better experience.
They are attentive, professional, warm and friendly constantly going out of their way
to provide little extras to an already superior service.

Several times we experienced moments where a staff member took the initiative to do something extra. eg. I sneezed in the breakfast restaurant and a box of tissues appeared in a moment without asking or we asked someone for their thoughts on visiting the Pearl Market and in a flash they had printed the information and directions from the hotel and presented it to us, once again without asking.

It was our daughter's birthday during our stay (turned 14). The staff in both the club and the main restaurant separately organised birthday cakes/treats and presents for her. She will remember this birthday with a special fondness for the Four Seasons Beijing team.

The hotel is lovely, especially the pool and spa area which is extra special.
The food was excellent in all areas. Breakfast was very high quality and a huge variety catering to all needs. It was our favourite breakfast of the hotels visited during our China holiday.
The cakes and pastries are delicious and worth breaking diets for.
We also ate at Mio Italian which has a very theatrical décor and is a special night restaurant and loved both the service and the food.

We were fortunate to enjoy the benefits of the lounge floor where both Rebecca and Chris treated us like VIPs. They were always welcoming and generous whilst being personal and interested in us. We enjoyed afternoon tea and cocktail hour in the lounge each day.
Rebecca went out of her way to ensure our daughter felt welcomed and special.

The Beijing Four Seasons is luxurious without a doubt, although the staff make it feel warm, approachable and almost homely through their caring and attentive attitude in a beautiful environment.
During our China holiday we also stayed at two five star hotels in Xian and Chengdu which were supposedly the best in the area however were still vastly inferior to this hotel.

Room Tip: The Lounge is worth paying extra for and is exceptionally well run with an excellent choice of food...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank toddtrippas
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear toddtrippas,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us such a detailed review. It gives me the same homely and wonderful feeling when I read this review. I am proud that we have created more than one magic moment for you and your family during the stay which really shines the brand of Four Seasons. Much more than a country, China is a fascinating world unto itself. I think it's well worth visiting this amazing destination again whenever you have a chance in the near future. Besides Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, we have another seven beautiful luxury hotels in key destinations across China such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macao, where we can bring you even more of the very best of China with inspired suggestions and insider knowledge.

Please feel free to drop me a note to sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com if you plan your next trip to Beijing or China, I will be more than happy to welcome you back and introduce you to other exciting Four Seasons properties, and I wish it won't take too long to have you back with us again!

Warm regards,