Stayed at EAST twice this past week - once on my way into China and once on my way out.
The first night I was bumped into a suite on the top (25th) floor. The second night I was in a standard city view room on the 20th floor.
Overall: The hotel is still very new and there are a lot of modern touches. The staff was all very friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Both the suite and non-suite have large rain showers, free wifi, buttons by the beds to control all the lights and the window shades, large LCD TVs, and comfortable beds.
- Suites includes a free minibar (beer, soft drinks, Snickers bar, and chips).
- The rooms are all new and have a very modern feel. I wish there was more time in my itinerary to just relax in my room.
- There are plugs - including USB charging ports - that open out of the walls, bedside tables, etc. It's very convenient to plug in no matter where in the room you want to work.
- The staff is all very friendly.
The views aren't anything to write home about (either city view or park view rooms), even from the high floors.
The fitness facility was about what you'd expect. Nothing special.
The wifi was spotty and I couldn't pull up any of my e-mail in Gmail either night I stayed (note, it was fine other hotels in China). I'd complain more if it wasn't free.
Location is fairly close to the airport (20-25 minutes), but not central to the actual city.
What to Watch out For:
Both taxis I took had difficulty finding the location (maybe because of where it is, maybe because it's new).
If breakfast isn't included with your room, expect to pay over 200RMB (close to $35 USD).
The breakfast in the upstairs lounge (executive floors) is quiet and has good personal service - but the food was average and the selection wasn't great (I found it better in the main breakfast area on the 2nd floor).
The doormen are dressed VERY casual so that you don't know they work there. Kind of weird.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EAST, Beijing is a business hotel with a life. Located in INDIGO in the Jiangtai area and very close to Wangjing Business Park; Beijing Capital International Airport and the Central Business District are just 15 minutes away. With 2 restaurants, a bold new bar, pool and gym facilities, 17 hectares of landscaped parkland and the 798 Art Zone on its doorstep, EAST, Beijing lets you balance your work and your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your East Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.