The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Restaurant
US$106
US$101
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliving roomwasher dryerfull kitchenwangfujing streethalf bathforbidden cityspacious apartmentoffice areastudy areaseparate shower and toiletwalking distancewalk in closetdadong restaurantsmall kitchenextra spacean extended staydining table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The room was wonderful. Had no problems with anything in the room. The indoor pool is great and not crowded. The staff was excellent. Most spoke some English and were so nice. They helped with directions. One of the bellman even brought me water when I was coming in from the hotel after being out in the heat for a few hours.

We were able to get some American food items in the restaurant and you can ask to have your eggs cooked with butter not the oil that they tend to use all over China.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Doris L, Public Relations Manager at The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear guest, thanks for choosing The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, we appreciate your comment. You don't stay here...you live here

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Impressive 2 bedroom Apartment, great location and wonderfull , helpful staff.
Stayed 4 nights could not have asked for more it was impressive from woa to go...would highly recommend to any one going to Beijing.
QLD Australia

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank allindaz
Doris L, Public Relations Manager at The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear guest, thanks for choose The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, we appreciate your comment. You don't stay here...you live here

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel basically because this was one of the options my company booked and it seemed central. On top of that I got a great rate including breakfast that wouldn't even get me a cardboard box in London :-)

I had no trouble finding it coming from the metro station, it's RIGHT there just cross the street, walk down the street and it's on the right. Reception was refreshing and a breath of fresh air after a long plane ride and sticky tube in what seemed to be a heatwave. I was received with an offer of tea and cookies, smiles and broken but understandable English (come on, you're in China!)

The room itself is stunning, probably bigger than my apartment at home ;) The bed is extremely comfortable, the bathtub is amazing, and the shower is actually hot with fluffy towels. If you're a Marriott honor member you get free Wi-fi and even if I wasn't, it's free to join so you get it anyway. Keep in mind that a lot of sites are blocked by the Chinese government so if you want to access Facebook and/or Youtube you'll need to set up a VPN to home/work/whatever. But it was free and worked well.

While not pots/pans/cutlery is initially provided, I didn't really need it anyway. I was VERY happy with the washing machine though, and just ran a cycle without detergent (didn't know you could just buy a small packet) to freshen up my clothes, cause, as mentioned before, heatwave. There's an iron + board too, so I managed to look presentable for my business meetings, which was great.

The location is brilliant too. It's right next to the Night Market and biggest shopping street (Wangfuijing), as well as right next to the Line 1 subway station that will bring you anywhere. Just a 10 minute walk will bring you to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.

I saw some remarks with regards to the breakfast, but personally thought it was fine. Let's not forget you're in China, with a different culture, where European style breakfast probably isn't a thing. I had fresh fruits and cereals every day, there was plenty of fruitjuices, English style breakfast stuffs (eggs to order, bacon, sausages), pastries (though I wasn't blown away by them) and salad options. The staff are really friendly and greet you enthusiastically each morning.

As my plan sort of changed a few times, I had to change my booking around a little, which took some time to explain. After a long day of delayed internal flights I was grumpy and not all too polite, but they arranged it for me after a phonecall with my booker and changed it around without hassle and additional cost. Well done guys!

The only remarks I have are that it was unfortunate the swimming pool was closed for renovation/whatever most of my stay and the other remark is that the in-room information could probably be a little clearer, especially with regards to such things as aforementioned detergent, the possibility to order cutlery etc, where and when breakfast is served and if there are special requirements for the pool such as a bath cap or whatever.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank paranoid-android76

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at the Imperial Mansion in Beijing for about 2 weeks. And Wow... I have never experienced such wonderful service from hotel staff as I did at my stay here. Warm and Friendly, Always wiling to assist with beautiful genuine smiles. Nothing was too difficult to assist me with.

I will definitely be staying there again!

Thank you all for my wonderful stay.. from the hotel manager, to the doorman.... Thank you, thank you.. thank you!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 September 2013

After staying in the Tomorrow Square location in Shanghai, this one was a let-down. No view, although the room was much more up-scale (nicer furnishings, and, as opposed to Shanghai, the TV behind the mirror in the bathroom actually was there/worked, and a huge bathroom with a larger jetted tub), and the breakfast was a let-down. The ham was actually spam, as opposed to the fantastic cubed ham in Shanghai, the bacon was limply undercooked (seems to be the norm in Asia) instead of being crisp like in Shanghai, the bread/pastry offerings didn't come close, and the Asian foods were not nearly as tasty.

That may make it seem like the hotel is no good. Far from true. It's merely suffering from being compared to perhaps my second favorite hotel on the planet. The location is incredible, mere blocks from the square and the forbidden city, as well as a manageable walk from the temple of heaven. It's two blocks from the subway, which is nice. Being on a back street, a taxi driver (probably a farmer driving part-time, and not one who can read) has no hope of finding it. Best to have him drop you at wangfujing (the subway stop) and walk the two blocks (assuming you know the way). Or, the hotel has an airport (presumably, they can do the train station, too) transfer service. I think the audi (cheapest) is $60, one way, which is insanely expensive if you compare it to public transportation or a taxi, but it's also well within a western traveler's budget (how much was that plane ticket?) and hassle-free.

The hotel purchased my train ticket to my next destination on my behalf for a fee of 40 RMB, which saved me at least a few hours of time (going to the station, standing in line, etc)

Overall, I recommend the hotel highly!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Doris L, Public Relations Manager at The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear guest, thanks for chooseing The Imperial Mansion, Beijing Marriott Executive Apartments, we appreciate your comment and warmly expect for your next stay here.