“Gem ”

Ranked #834 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Gem ”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a gem. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff with very basic English but enough to check in easily. Our room was fantastic, spacious and clean. The bathroom was my favorite because in my experience of travel I have found it hard to find good showers but their shower was amazing. Which you need after your hike up the Great Wall. They were very helpful when booking tours and have a desk just off reception to help. If you don't like their prices there is a tour agent just across the road. Close to restaurants and food markets. They also do a good breakfast with great service. We only had one problem when we were staying there and that was with the cleaning staff but the guy at reception apologized profusely and it was handled very well. I would tell everyone I know going to Beijing to stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked 2 rooms in this hotel, the location is very good and easy to get around with MRT or local taxi. Hotel is only 5 minutes walk to Wangfujing St. and among the center of shopping area street fashion. The lobby is well furnish with combination of Chinese style and modern. Staff are very friendly but English need to be improved. The breakfast was good taste but lest variety with a little choice. The room were very clean and the bed so much comfy and room maid always set up the full amenities at all times. We definitely will return to this hotel no doubt!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A group of 9 travellers ranging in age from 20 to 50 stayed here in December 2013. It was a pit stop between Tinajin and the airport The location of the hotel is amazing, it is nicely placed with access to Wangfujing Street only a few minutes walk. The hotel was clean and the bed comfortable. Great Western style restaurant, but prices little too expensive especilly when you can get the most amazing dumpplings in the makets just off Wangfujing Street. Opposite the hotel is a great fruit shop where we stood at 11.30pm in the freezing cold sampling all the interesting fruits - was very deRicious.
Check in was good as English speaking staff on hand to help out.
The Silk Road Markets are about a ten minute taxi ride away about 30yuan we paid. Taxi to the airport cost 90yuan, but gave 100yuan as he let me practice my Chinese on the way there.
Would I stay again in this hotel - YES I would

Room Tip: We started on the 9th Floor - nice and quiet. Acorss all three rooms everyone was happy with thier...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cate W
Bari
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Central Hotel in the commercial area of Wangfuijing street, close to Tian'anmen, good level of service, room spacious enough, bed was comfortable, the room and the bathroom facilities are complete English speaking staff at the reception, not so that of the service, however, the communication is not difficult. There are sites for new construction in the neighborhood, the hotel entrance is under renovation, there is heavy traffic in the area, soundproofing imperfect, however, the quality of sleep is good, expensive breakfast in relation to the price of the room, not proven
. There have been poroblems in the toilet - quite common in the toilets in the city - immediately risolved . Excellent value for money

Room Tip: Nel periodo attuale il più possibile interna e lontana dai rumori di traffico e cantieri
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TerryM010
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights with colleague, block A brought me quite comfort feeling, specially thanks for the cosy bed, easy access to Wang Fu Jin Ave. Quiet breakfast and not much choices, house keeping staff were much friendly with guests.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cecily X
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Regal Hotel currently has what looks like a new hotel under construction next door. And, when I arrived, the road was closed to traffic, so the taxi I got from the airport could not get any closer than about two blocks. I called the front desk and they sent a bellman to help with luggage and I walked to the hotel. Also, be aware that the airport in Beijing is about an hour's drive into the city, so I was well past ready to get in the room after my travels from Chengdu.

The inside of the hotel is very nice and the people at the front desk checked me in quickly and efficiently. On the other side of the lobby there is a well stocked bar and there's also a good restaurant inside the hotel. My reservation came with a breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant that was excellent. In addition, there's a really good independent restaurant in the same building as the hotel that serves excellent Peking Duck.

The room was quiet and well appointed. The Regal had the most comfortable beds of any hotel I found during my eleven days in China. Nice linens and pillows; fully stocked and well appointed bathroom; robes and I love having a robe at home and at a hotel; flat screen television with three or four English channels; and a safe for valuables. Really everything you need to make a room comfortable! There's also a small but good gym.

The Regal is conveniently located close to the commercial walking street and the very colorful food vendors row - something not to be missed. It is also fairly close to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City - again, not to be missed. All and all, I highly recommend the Regal for price, location, staff, and accommodations.

Room Tip: I stayed on the fourth floor. It seemed that there was very little difference in rooms throughout t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Sailorman9868
Blois, France
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms are comfortable and good value, we got a wifi relay box put in our room when we asked for one, but the overall experience was not very pleasant, because of the staff. It began by the manager telling us our booking included only 1 breakfast (we were 3 adults). When our booking company cleared that up for us, the man had unfortunately lost face, so avoided speaking or even looking at us again. The restaurant on the 10th floor was quite good, but the main ground-floor Chinese one where breakfasts are served was not. Example: the fruit juice was ALWAYS in short supply. And foreign guests must always pay in advance, increasing that credit card debit permission as they spend. But the main problem was that only 1 or 2 members of staff spoke English, and this was a problem because we don't speak Chinese...

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Sarah R

Travellers are raving about these Beijing hotels