New World Beijing Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$223
US$564
US$361
Orbitz.com
1,683 results
All reviewsresidence clubrooftop barforbidden citygreat hotelwalking distanceclub roomspacious roomupgraded to a suiteexcellent stayhighly recommend this hotelstar hotelmodern hotelconcierge stafftianamen squarechinese restauranttaxi driversubway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had a delightful stay at the New World in Beijing. The staff are extremely helpful and their English impeccable. The rooms are well appointed and although many of the facilities were not yet opened the Tian Tan Kitchen upheld a high standard in both quality and presentation. I look forward to another stay in the future and to try the additional restaurants, spa and pool - and rooftop bar which I missed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear PierDS thank you for your positive review following your recent stay with us. The Hotel Swimming pool will be opening within the next two weeks and our roof top bar YIN mid-April when the weather is a little warmer.
I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again next time you visit Beijing, and in this respect please do not hesitate to email me direct so that I can make a reservation for you. best regards Andrew Whitaker .General Manager. andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at this place after reading through all the positive reviews, and I daresay it was not a disappointment!

Positives
1) It's a brand new hotel and everything works as advertised.
2) Beds are very comfortable.
3) Room service food is excellent.
4) Breakfast bar is awesome, just about anything and everything you can think of, except apple juice (listed below as a negative).
5) Friendly service staff.
6) Close enough to most of the Beijing attractions within 10 minutes by taxi.
7) Banks with STAR/PLUS ATM access just around the corner (China Merchants bank).
8) McDonald's right across the street.

Negatives
1) No foreign language TV, not even CNN or BBC, though they said they're working on it.
2) It's so new that none of the taxi drivers know where this is, so best to have the hotel number ready, or print out a more specific map, or ask the hotel to email you a printout of the directions in Chinese (taxi drivers usually don't read/speak English, so "#8 Qinian Street" might as well be jibberish to them). The key is having the address in Chinese, and tell them the large cross street (Chongwenmen West Road).
3) The picture shown of the outside of the building was taken in the dark, the building itself is a light-colored cream building, I actually mistook the bank building diagonally across the street as the hotel when I arrived in the evening.
4) The "shopping mall" next door is dilapidated, the McDonald's, Watson's (for any last minute hygiene needs), and 85C Bakery were the only usable shops.
5) No apple juice in the breakfast bar (seriously?)
6) Hard to catch a taxi if you're in a hurry to get to the airport due to the location.

I complained to management about some issues with my room (plumbing, mostly), and they moved me to another room. Deco is elegant and functional. Internet wasn't as slow as someone claimed, but then again I didn't use it to stream movies or download large files.

It was a wonderful experience and I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Richard thank you for your review, which as always we have shared with our hotel associates. As you have mentioned we are currently waiting for our International TV channels to be made live, as this is controlled by the local authority’s here in China for new Hotels, we do expect this to be installed in the next few weeks. however in the meantime we do have DVD players available should you require one for use in the room.
We do not as you mentioned offer Apple Juice for breakfast on our buffet however it is available as a freshly squeezed juice, and I do apologise if this was not mentioned to you.
I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again next time you are in Beijing, please do contact me directly to make your reservation. with best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The New World Bieijing hotel is ideally situated for ease of access to both shopping and culture. The luxurious huge room was furnished and equipped to a very high standard. It was also very well insulated against noise, providing a magnificent venue to relax and de-stress. The buffet lunch was to an extremely high standard and the evening a la carte was first class, both of these in terms of food quality and service. I enjoyed the spa experience, the staff are obviously trained to a very high standard. In all, all the staff were extremely courteous and attentive, the hotel is modern and top quality in a fantastic location. I will definitely stay on my next visits to Beijing and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mr. Mark
Thank you for your great review which we do appreciate.
Next time you are looking for a reservation please do email me directly.
regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Absolutely perfect.

Modern, clean and elegantly furnished throughout. The staff were a great help when we needed directions and allowed us a late checkout free of charge. The hotel is in a very central, convenient location.

The buffet breakfast was of an incredibly high gourmet standard.

Would come back without hesitation - highly recommend this hotel !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vinko, thank you for your recent review, which I have passed onto the hotel team.
Please do let me know next time you are looking to stay in Beijing, so that I may be of assistance.
best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were always more than helpful. They helped us book tours and the buffet kitchen downstairs was the best we've had. The head chef was very attentive to any requests we had quickly.

Only downside was that the internet provided is VERY slow, and it is 120RMB per day for a faster connection, very strange for a 5 star hotel to also charge for faster internet usage... We would have faster internet in 3 star hotels in Tibet!

Other than that, beautiful room (Superior Suite)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest
thank you for your recent review, which I have passed onto the Hotel associates. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and Chef Richard looked after you well.
I am sorry that the internet speed was not as fast as it should be, unfortunately similar to many hotels in Beijing the download speed is often controlled and reduced by the local authority’s and is beyond our control, and I am aware that this was the case during the period of your recent stay. Our premium internet is a more stable and faster option.
Please do not hesitate to let me know next time you wish to stay in Beijing, I can be contacted on andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com