“Avoid on all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #589 of 6,442 Hotels in Beijing
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Avoid on all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night in November 2013. I was supposed to stay there for 4 nights however I decided to check out of the hotel immediately next day.
I arrived at the hotel at 1 AM, staff was unpleasant and rude. They didn’t even say hello, just asked for my passport. They couldn’t find my reservation for one hour and insisted that I will write my name in Chinese or company name in Chinese. They asked me to make new booking (twice higher price) and when I asked is it going to influence my previous reservation as it was guaranteed by credit card, they told me if it is guaranteed they will charge me no show penalties
I couldn’t believe their behavior. After waiting for one hour in the middle of the night, the receptionist found reservation on the paper which was right in front of her all time. She didn’t even apologize. It was worst treatment ever. They then proceeded with complication by blocking my credit card as they tried to take deposit of US$ 10000 instead of 1000. It went on next morning.
I decided to put stop on all and check out in the morning immediately. They didn’t even bother to ask why I decide to check out, I wrote them review on their review card, which I saw being thrown away when I was reaching door. I will never again come even close to this place.
This is first time ever I write a review for a place, their behavior was just so terrible I believe people shall be warned.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Unfortunately, this hotel was really bad. The food gave me food poisoning, the rooms are run-down, the internet cable in my room worked one day but was somehow ripped out of the wall and not fixed the next day, it took me 30 minutes to check out because the receptionist kept taking other customers while she was supposed to be helping me, the housekeeping doesn't make your bed but just pulls the sheets up, the drawers in the closet are wider than the door so you can't store anything in them, people (including hotel managers) smoke at the non-smoking tables all the time, no one speaks a word of English, and the list goes on. Suffice it to say...stay away.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.