“near airport”

Ranked #2,384 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Boston
“near airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

ordinary hotel near airport with shuttle bus service to airport. No one spoke English and it was very hard to communicate especially when we missed flights and were trying to our destination early morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hungarian first
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

the room was reasonably clean but I was too tired to check all the features...after missing my flight due to no fault of mine I was given this hotel room for few hours before my next flight.
The hotel looked as it was past its best but overall the room was spacious and had hard bed which suited me just fine. The bathroom had room and good size shower, I was lucky to be staying in non-smoking room but other passengers told me their room had stale cigarette smell so make sure you ask for non-smoking if that's what you want. For its proximity to the airport and transfer service it is very handy, but to stay here for more than 1 night you would have to be given a great deal and only use the hotel as sleeping point. The breakfast was ok with enough choices to fill your tummy but as in most big Chinese cities I find food of low quality and taste never as good as what it looks. (similarly the water from tap and in shower has strange smell and taste but you cannot blame hotel for this!)
I didn't not get to use internet or tv....but the stuff was friendly enough and my bags were delivered to the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Zofingen, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

in the middle of a rural noisy area. lots of construction around. rooms small free of any extras. tv out of order, AC made noise but nothing else. not really clean. restaurants accept no creditcard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank A W
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I got in late into Beijing and was flying out the next day, for a 4 star at RMB900 I thought I would get something good not a 2 star if that, cheap hard matress, aircon hard to access, showehead was broken, no lightbalbs in lamps, I was happy to get out the next morning never to return.
guy

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank guyshalvi
Shanghai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

At RMB300 per night, this would be a reasonable choice. But at RMB980 it is an absolute rip-off. The rooms are drab, old, and insufficiently heated (late Nov). No international TV channels. Unappealing breakfast buffet. In the morning, I wanted to take a taxi to the airport. But rather than flag down a metered taxi, the doorman walked me around to the side where his friend wanted to charge me RMB40 for the ten-minute drive to the airport in a regular passenger car. When I objected, the doorman explained it was hard to find metered taxis at that hour (9 am, weekday). As we were pulling on to the highway, I saw two empty taxis just down the street. Shameful behavior for a so-called four star hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lou L
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night and picked it because of its proximity to the airport. If you phone the hotel they will pick you up from the airport. However it was clear once we arrived that things were not quite as nice as the website and brochure suggests.

Our path to our room took us under an archway dripping with water. There were buckets dotted around to catch the water but they weren't doing much good.

Despite asking for a double room when we arrived we found the room was a twin. We went back through the leaky archway to the reception and we were very rudely told that they had no double rooms and there was nothing they could do.

The beds in our room were uncomfortable, the decór was faded and the carpet was stained. We also discovered that there was no hot water. We called reception and they sent someone, who confirmed there was no hot water and said that we needed to change rooms.

We were told that we would be upgraded, but the room was identical to the last - a dirty twin room with no hot water and toiletries half opened.

After complaining to the people behind the desk we were told there was nothing they could do and after demanding a lower price to compensate they offered a better room. It was late at night and we had a flight early in the morning so we did not wish to switch again, especially since they weren't helping with our bags. They did however arrange a free bus to the airport at a time before they usually start shipping their residents. The restaurant was actually OK, although service was slow.

Apart from its proximity to the airport there's nothing good about its location. There's nothing to see in the local area.

I'd find another hotel if I ever had to spend a night in Beijing before a flight again. The staff were rude and the rooms were dirty and defective.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I were travelling to Beijing with our two young children, and we used this hotel for one night as we arrived extremely late at night. It was the most miserable stay - the first room was too terrible for us to stay in, and the second room was a bit more tolerable. The beds were clean, but that was about it for the rest of the room. The carpets had ground-in dirt and a ridiculous amount of cigarette stains. I would not let my children sit on the furniture. We had breakfast included, and after an arguement with staff (they would not honour it at first) we went for breakfast, however it was completely inedible. I am not a picky person and have stayed in a great many hotels in China. This was by far the worst. I have never written a review before complaining about a hotel, but I had to make sure the word was out on this place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family